You don't have to be female to be feminine

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

You don't have to be female to be feminine

Post by skirtingtoday »

Found this article from 10 months ago. He eloquently summarises the feelings a lot of us have, especially in the early stages of going out the first few times.

http://www.quailpipe.co.uk/articles/man-wears-skirt/
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
couyalair
Member Extraordinaire

Re: You don't have to be female to be feminine

Post by couyalair »

Excelent piece of writing.
Not that I think wearing a dress/skirt makes a man feminine.
What I did appreciate is that the writer, a man, has realized that there is nothing degrading about being a woman, and also just how difficult a woman,s life can be.

Martín
skirtilator
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtilator »

couyalair wrote:Excelent piece of writing.
Not that I think wearing a dress/skirt makes a man feminine.
What I did appreciate is that the writer, a man, has realized that there is nothing degrading about being a woman, and also just how difficult a woman,s life can be.

Martín
It must be hard to be perceived as pure, innocent, and incapable of being evil, therefore less than a little child when it comes to responsibility and liability and at the same time receiving the benefits of being a full grown adult. Don't complain to not be taken seriously "ladies," just kick female supremacism in the curb and you'll be fine. :D
Tor
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Tor »

Nice piece. Thanks for posting the link. It does seem like a dress may be more difficult to pull off, but it sounds like many of the skirts most of us tend towards should be no problem in most places. That, of course, is the feedback I've seen exclusively (or very nearly) here. I look forward to testing that theory here in the relatively near future.
human@world# ask_question --recursive "By what legitimate authority?"
skirtingtheissue
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtheissue »

It's good generally; and certainly the more pieces like this out there the better. But the author really pushes the feminine aspect of a dress worn by a man, and emphasizes the shocked and humorous reactions that wearing a dress can elicit. He mentions skirts only in passing. He is clearly expressing femininity beyond what I think many of us here do. Each to his own; he is enjoying his fashion freedom and that's fine with me.
When I heard about skirting, I jumped in with both feet!