Kilts in London on Weds

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Mac

Kilts in London on Weds

Post by Mac »

Thousands of them there were. All off to the Football. Some great garmants.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Kilts in London on Weds

Post by skirtyscot »

First time for 14 years. Admit it, you were afraid of us!

Pity you won, though. :(
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Mac

Post by Mac »

skirtyscot wrote:First time for 14 years. Admit it, you were afraid of us!

Pity you won, though. :(
Afraid of what exactly?

In footballing terms you are a 3rd rate nation.

It was a good game though. I would rather see a 3-2 win than a 4-0 waste of time.
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

So the narrowness of the home victory suggests that England are also third rate, yes? Or have you been upgraded to second rate? ;-)
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I think that England are at best the equivalent of a Championship side and with the single-mindedness of the Premiership sides' employment of non-English players there will be a slow slide towards the lower divisions as fewer and fewer English players are allowed into the heights of football's elite. It is already showing itself. Television money has not been kind to the game.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

Mac wrote:Thousands of them there were. All off to the Football. Some great garmants.
Yes I saw quite a few "kilties" at Livingston (on the train) and in Glasgow before 9am as they were heading down south.
Ray wrote:So the narrowness of the home victory suggests that England are also third rate, yes? Or have you been upgraded to second rate? ;-)
I wouldn't say either team was second or third rate. Both teams could have played better and no doubt both have learned something from the match.

England played more as a group of individuals at times whereas Scotland played more often as a team helping each other and using close passing to a player and not lobbing the ba' into an open space for someone (ever hopeful) to run and collect it.

I would say that for any neutral watching it, the match was quite an enjoyable spectacle. And as a Scot, I was happy to see our team leading twice in the match though disappointed to lose to basic training ground attacks.
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels