I have bought my first skirt

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
andrew72
Distinguished Member

I have bought my first skirt

Post by andrew72 »

Hello, I have just bought my first skirt from alsharifa.com. I've attached the link so you can see it. I chose a size 12 Large (34 inch waist) and it is 41 inches long and the waist to ankle measurement of the jeans I am wearing is also 41 inches.

http://shop.alsharifa.com/long-denim-sk ... im-101-wp/

I would like to thank Sarongman for recommending alsharifa.com to me. It was a huge help

Andrew
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Re: I have bought my first skirt

Post by skirtyscot »

Excellent! Next steps:

1 Put it on, wear it at home, enjoy the feeling of comfort.

2 Wear it outdoors. Somewhere nobody will know you, if you prefer, to begin with.

3 Don't look back!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Post by RichardA »

The first of many.....
Mac

Post by Mac »

It could be a plan.
andrew72
Distinguished Member

Post by andrew72 »

RichardA wrote:The first of many.....
Looking at buying a beige coloured or khaki coloured skirt as I have two shirts of a similar colour that may go with it.
brucewmbazo

Post by brucewmbazo »

I bought my first kilt about three years ago. I have since purchased two more. I bought them from Amerikilt, which I highly recommend to first time purchasers. Checking the Sportkilt website, I also bought two T-shirts, one declaring "Freedom" and the other saying "Real men wear kilts" (which I could not resist purchasing!). I welcome all of you first-timers to the brotherhood. If you are not gay, one pleasant discovery you will make is that women generally love men in kilts. Put aside your fears and look forward to a pleasant future.
andrew72
Distinguished Member

Skirt arrived today

Post by andrew72 »

Just thought I'd let you know that my skirt arrived today from alsharifa.com. I tried it on at home. It is very comfortable though I will be needing to wear a belt. I have no trouble walking in it.

Andrew
Sarongman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sarongman »

I'm glad to have been of help here. As I'm typing this up, I'm wearing the olive one, before going out to do some shopping and bill paying. After all, we Andrews' have to stick together :eye:
It will not always be summer: build barns---Hesiod
andrew72
Distinguished Member

Post by andrew72 »

A photo of me in my first skirt. Going to buy one with a 32" waist.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
andrew72
Distinguished Member

Post by andrew72 »

Another view of me. Apologies for the use of the mirror.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
skirted_in_SF
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirted_in_SF »

andrew72 wrote:Another view of me. Apologies for the use of the mirror.
No need to apologize. Lacking a tripod and remote shutter release or cooperative spouse/friend, a mirror is about your only other option. At least you didn't blow the picture out with a flash.
You're looking good anyway. 8)
Stuart Gallion
No reason to hide my full name 8)
Back in my skirts in San Francisco
msklovewear7_8ok

Post by msklovewear7_8ok »

You are looking just fine. If you want to wear a skirt , then do just that. I wear skirts, kilts, kilted skirts . I wear them to the knee and that is just fine for me. I have a few guiding principles.

1.Always be elegant.
2.Never give offense to others .
3.For me at the moment all my kilts,kilted skirts are worn to the knee.
4.I would wear kilt hose/flashes with my skirted garment. Looks very elegant.
5.I would wear netted or sheer stockings if the day was cold or at night, with my kilt hose and flashes.
6.I always keep in mind that the skirt in a man is different to a skirt in a woman. Totally different energy.

My suggestion. A skirt on a man is a natural garment. (surprise , surprise, educated women love the skirt /kilt in a man. ). Women who have issues will have issues with everything that competes with them.
msklovewear7_8ok

Post by msklovewear7_8ok »

I wear kilted skirts to the knee. As an addition to my previous post, I forgot to say that I have purchased some flare skirts which I love. They are 18inches long or two inches above the knee. I intend to get some flare skirts of 21inches which will bring them to the top of the knee. When i get these , i will wear them in public. I love the flares. They are very comfortable. A skirt is a natural garment for a man.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I have a few flared or skater skirts as they call them. Easy to make as they basically are a doughnut shape with a waistband. Google them. They are great to wear and so coooolllll. Can be a bit tricky in a wind mind you but so really comfortable to wear. One or two of them are really short and I would only wear them around the house but so good in this hot weather.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Silhouette Legs

Post by Silhouette Legs »

You've really got me thinking about long skirts now with that pic it looks great and very manly. Every bit as manly as trousers. I bet that would be lovely and warm in winter. Add tights and you've got yourself a little furnace whilst all the other blokes freeze!
I don't find the idea of men wearing skirts, tights or dresses whilst presenting as male degrading. What I find most degrading is society dictating that men should only dress in a certain way, whilst affording the opp sex an unrestricted freedom of choice