A personal issue with tights.

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Re: A personal issue with tights.

Post by partlyscot »

http://tights-for-men.com/

Website could do with a redesign, ( if you're listening dude, don't make it flash heavy ) and i would appreciate some more guidance on sizing, also more opaque stockings, a thigh highs. Would love it if those Argyle tights were available in stockings or thigh highs.
Sam

Post by Sam »

Sam wrote:If I take a look at pictures of members of the skirtcafe.org I see a lot of guy who combine their skirt wearing with wearing tights. When doing so I have absolutely no irritation whatsoever. It might depend on the quality you wear. Personally, I wear a skirt now and then and combine them with opaque tights and sometimes I go shopping in a village nearby. Never had negative reactions.
About temperatures and wearing tights: I complete wearing my skirts which are just on the knee with tights with temperatures between - 5C and +20 C. And between 5 den and 50 den. Below -5 C I won't be going out in skirt and will be wearing tights with my trousers. Above 20C I like to wear the skirt without tights.
skirtilator
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtilator »

Kilted_John wrote:I'm the same way. So, the longest legwear I wear are OTK socks. PH and tights seem counterintuitive to me. I've discovered that, as long as I bundle up above the waist, and have a thick pair of kneesocks on, I can wear a light and airy summer skirt even in the middle of winter. Did so in December when I was visiting a town in the mountains around here for a few days. Packed along a tartan kilt, expecting to be cold, but it remained in the luggage the whole trip.

-J
OTK socks? You mean leggwear for the high sophisticated japanese schoolgirl look? :eye: If kilt hoses count as thights I go for that. Leg shaving and other girly stuff is not my cup off tea.
Kilted_John
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted_John »

Hey, whatever floats (or sinks) your boat... ;-)

-J
Skirted since 2/2002, kilted 8/2002-8/2011, and dressed since 9/2013...
flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/245gt-turbo
skirtilator
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtilator »

Kilted_John wrote:Hey, whatever floats (or sinks) your boat... ;-)

-J
They have boats in the USA! :alien: The only real issue I have with OTK socks is, they are only in woman size and as a big guy, I don't get one in 46 (EU size). :cry: ... or have you seen some plain ones in oversize?
Kilted_John
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted_John »

skirtilator wrote:[

They have boats in the USA! :alien: The only real issue I have with OTK socks is, they are only in woman size and as a big guy, I don't get one in 46 (EU size). :cry: ... or have you seen some plain ones in oversize?
I wear Euro size 45 shoes (11 US Men's). Most knee-high socks (and OTK socks) fit me just fine. Granted, I am a bit shorter than most guys, at 5' 7" tall.

The socks I'm shown wearing on this lookbook page are OTK socks. I prefer to wear them as knee-highs, though, since I don't usualy like having stuff covering my knees. They do pull up to the bottom of my thighs, if I want to wear them that way. They're made by Philippe Matignon in Italy.

http://lookbook.nu/look/4910907-Gap-Ruf ... Thighhighs

-J
Skirted since 2/2002, kilted 8/2002-8/2011, and dressed since 9/2013...
flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/245gt-turbo
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

I've never thought of leg shaving as girly - but then again, I cycle a lot, and many of us shave our legs.

No tights recently - too hot, and the fact that I broke my collarbone cycling means I can't put them on anyway!
Davy

Post by Davy »

My personal preference is no tights or pantyhose. I like the feel on bare legs much better, and I don't much like the looks of tights either. I always prefer seeing women without tights or hose, so this is the same. Now in the winter I have discovered if you wear a long (ankle-length) skirt then you still stay warm, because with your legs touching each other much of the time, the body heat stays in, and it is just as warm as wearing pants.

Now I have worn panty hose occasionally, most often with a dress that's just a bit too short for the occasion, and at halloween where the color matched and complimented the costume. Oh, and last winter at a football game, tights were perfect under my pants, as it was 5 degrees outside with wind!
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Funny how opinions differ. If a girl is bare legged, I'm indifferent. If she's in a suit and barelegged, I'm disapproving (unprofessional), if she's in sheer hosiery, wow/fireworks/eyesonstalks/woop! *)

(* has to be quality hosiery :-) )
andrew9602

Post by andrew9602 »

for me, tights are part of the skirt experience, & I like the look & feel of them.
I also find it easier to get into a pair of shoes if wearing tights than not wearing them.
my preference is for sheer flesh-coloured tights. the own-brand range can be found in my local supermarket for £5 for 5 pairs. at that price I can afford to wear them only once & throw them away.
Sam

Post by Sam »

Well, try pretty polly summer tiights in these weather circumstances. They fit quite well