Elkommando IN STOCK NOW @ MountainHardwear

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
StraightSkirt

Elkommando IN STOCK NOW @ MountainHardwear

Post by StraightSkirt »

Sarongman
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Elkommando IN STOCK NOW @ MountainHardwear

Post by Sarongman »

Nice, but!!! at $75.00, especially plus shipping to Aus. (even at our advatageous exchange rate) the price is still far too steep for me. I'll stick with what I can find at the op. (charity) shops and fleabay. As an old hippy, I am used to living on the "smell of an oily rag" and now, as a self funded retiree am doing it again :mrgreen:
It will not always be summer: build barns---Hesiod
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Does anyone know what the "modesty strap" on these kilts actually is?

Like, is it something than snaps internally between the front and back of the kilt, essentialy bufurcating it?

Or is it a buckle or snap near the bottom front corner of the apron, to keep it from flying open?

Or what?
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Taj
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Taj »

The modesty snap fastens the bottom of the front and back hems together in the center between the knees.
You don't get to judge me by your standards. I have to judge me by mine.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Do you have to leave it in all the time, or does is snap in/out in both front and back, or can you let it dangle without it showing, or what?
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Taj
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Taj »

I never notice it when unsnapped and have yet to need it. There is no strap, just a little snap like on a western shirt.
Taj
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Taj »

Another thought about the modesty feature, I don't know of a trad. kilt or a woman's skirt that has such a thing. How often will you climb ladders in it? I cut mine off when I shortened the hem to obtain matching material for making real belt loops. Still, with a 19" long skirt I can be modest even when squatted to take a fish off the hook.
Nolyn

Post by Nolyn »

It's too late for Mountain Hardwear from me. I had Christmas money budgeted for one, but it was out of stock, so I went searching on eBay, and I found a Utilikilt for $55. I guess I should thank them for letting their stock run out.
skirtilator
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtilator »

$75 msrp is a bargain, given the quality and small production run. Attention to detail in every aspect like the UV coated nylon fabric with microfibre lining, 2 generous sized cargo pockets and the integrated canvas belt. You get what you pay for in in this case, you cannot complain. I recently ordered Size 2XL via Japan and ended up paying 130,00€ including. custom tariff and shipping. It is a rare size of a hard to get item, thus I own 2 skirts now. 8)
Layne

Post by Layne »

I probably own 20 kilts and 5 or 6 skirts, this one is by far one of my favorites, most comfortable, durable, much better than their first attempt, which I too own one of. I suppose its about time to buy another, and for what its worth, its worth every penny - I just wish they would consider making it in a second color.