A waste of time

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

A waste of time

Post by Since1982 »

I believe any combination of pants under or over a skirt or kilt is a waste of time. IF you're GOING to wear a skirt, kilt or dress of any kind AS A MAN in a manly way,you should LOOK manly, not any kind of a pretend man/woman combination. On this planet, at least 60% of all men wear some combination of skirt/shirt/shoes in a male/manly way. AND they are worn as a MANLY garment or combination of all. If you want to look like a pretend woman/man combo, I think it's just a waste of time. :kiltdance:

My opinion here, your opinions are welcome!
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Different_Trains
Distinguished Member

Re: A waste of time

Post by Different_Trains »

Wear what you want.

If you want to wear a skirt, do it.
If you want to wear trousers, do it.
If you want to wear both, do it.

Don't let anyone tell you what to wear. There's no difference in my mind between "men should not wear trousers ("pants") with skirts" and "men should not wear skirts", or indeed "women should not wear trousers". Clothing oppression of any kind is wrong, discriminatory and dehumanising.
Taj
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Taj »

I've seen jeans under skirt combos and as a fashion it looks odd to me. Why bother with both outside of pragmatic considerations. Wear whatever you (collective you usage here) like. But accept that right or wrong people will judge. Men can dress appropriately in skirts without gender bending, as is my personal preference.
You don't get to judge me by your standards. I have to judge me by mine.
jamie001
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jamie001 »

I believe that everyone should wear whatever you want to wear. Women have adopted this attitude with wearing men's shoes, watches, shirts, and other items. There are even articles in Cosmo and other women's magazines about how to incorporate items from the men's side of the store into their overall look for a masculine flare. These women do not have a problem incorporating so called "masculine items". Why should we have a problem incorporating feminine items? Why should we restrict ourselves from all of the great fashion out there just because it is considered feminine? I present as a feminine male meaning that I don't attempt to pass as a woman but I blend items from male and female fashion because I like them. That is who I am and it is the only reason that I or anyone needs to indulge in the fashion that they enjoy wearing! Therefore if you like to wear skirts with pantyhose and women's shoes, as a man and present a more feminine look, then just do it. The more feminine male look is just as valid as the guy that wants to wear skirts with all masculine or hyper-masculine attire. It is all about what you feel comfortable with and expressing who you are.
skirtingtheissue
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtheissue »

I'm with you, Jamie; well said.

Actually I agree with all four of you! Since1982 and Taj, I don't really care for the skirt-over-pants look and I would never wear those together. It does look odd and unnatural.

But, Different Trains, I agree with your attitude that you should wear what you want, and if you want that look that's your decision.
When I heard about skirting, I jumped in with both feet!
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Post by RichardA »

cessna152towser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by cessna152towser »

I would have no wish to wear a skirt and trousers together but then that is a personal choice.
I am not going to criticise others for what wearing whatever they find comfortable.
Please view my photos of kilts and skirts, old trains, vintage buses and classic aircraft on http://www.flickr.com/photos/cessna152towser/
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

jamie001 wrote:I believe that everyone should wear whatever you want to wear. Women have adopted this attitude with wearing men's shoes, watches, shirts, and other items. There are even articles in Cosmo and other women's magazines about how to incorporate items from the men's side of the store into their overall look for a masculine flare. These women do not have a problem incorporating so called "masculine items". Why should we have a problem incorporating feminine items? Why should we restrict ourselves from all of the great fashion out there just because it is considered feminine? I present as a feminine male meaning that I don't attempt to pass as a woman but I blend items from male and female fashion because I like them. That is who I am and it is the only reason that I or anyone needs to indulge in the fashion that they enjoy wearing! Therefore if you like to wear skirts with pantyhose and women's shoes, as a man and present a more feminine look, then just do it. The more feminine male look is just as valid as the guy that wants to wear skirts with all masculine or hyper-masculine attire. It is all about what you feel comfortable with and expressing who you are.
I do present myself as sort of a feminine male with long hair, lipstick and have natural breasts. I certainly do NOT have the voice of a woman since I am a basso profundo so I certainly do not try to pass as a woman. It is kind of amusing when I can sit next to a tall man with a full beard and he sings tenor while I sing bass!

John