Came across this whilst looking for something else

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Different_Trains
Distinguished Member

Came across this whilst looking for something else

Post by Different_Trains »

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/FX-Homme-Vand ... 53f25eae61

Thoughts? Is this yet another sign of the skirt-over-trousers trend?
janrok
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Came across this whilst looking for something else

Post by janrok »

Let's hope not!
Skirts are superfluous when you were pants and vice versa.
Long live men skirts. Pants should be banned from men's wardrobes, unless it is freezing cold.

Jan.
Different_Trains
Distinguished Member

Post by Different_Trains »

janrok wrote:Let's hope not!
Skirts are superfluous when you were pants and vice versa.
Long live men skirts. Pants should be banned from men's wardrobes, unless it is freezing cold.

Jan.
Personally, I don't have anything against trousers... what I want is CHOICE! The choice to wear skirts or trousers. At the moment men are 'forced' to wear trousers by much of society in the west.
skirt24

Post by skirt24 »

Long skirts, depending on material and thickness can be warmer than pants. I wore one to my friends house while it was snowing and stayed warm. On the way back home it was cold and still snowing and wore pants and I was freezing in the pants. The skirt was made out of the same material as sweat pants and ankle length.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Different_Trains wrote:Personally, I don't have anything against trousers... what I want is CHOICE! The choice to wear skirts or trousers.
I come down squarely in agreement with this sentiment. It's the choice that's important here and will put us on an equal footing with others who have felt the constriction of "box of masculinity" and, more importantly, with those who have removed such boxes of their own in the past. Too, trousers just make more sense for some things and I am not willing to give away that portion of my toolset.

As far as skirts being sometimes warmer than trousers I can attest handily to that. It was 3 degrees (F) this morning when I left for work and it'll likely be colder tomorrow, so I'll dress accordingly. Today was a fairly standard below-the-knee skirt with opaque legwear underneath, shirt and waistcoat up top, and a fleece jacket over that -- and I was fine. Tomorrow, I'll likely reprise my New Year's Eve rig of long walking skirt, petticoat (mainly for control, but also for warmth), shirt and waistcoat again and I'll be warmer still.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I'll add my support to this. I've never said that I will stop wearing trousers - I just want the choice to wear a skirt as an alternative. I don't like the skirt over trousers/leggings either.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.