Another Manufacturer Offering Unisex Skirts

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Stu
Member Extraordinaire

Another Manufacturer Offering Unisex Skirts

Post by Stu »

A firm called IOWEYOU is now offering a range of unisex skirts it calls the "Madrass Kilt" (it is not a kilt, it is a fully lined, pleated skirt).

http://iouproject.com/shop/unisex/desig ... unisex-xs/

I am not crazy about the design, but it is yet another manufacturer having the gumption to offer a skirt to male wearers, which is a good thing, surely.

Stu
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Another Manufacturer Offering Unisex Skirts

Post by STEVIE »

I'd actually wear that. Made for warmer days though.
Steve.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

So would I. Lots of nice patterns, mostly in blues and greens. A bit shorter and lighter than a standard kilt so for the summer here, but should work well in hotter countries.

And good for them, listing it as unisex!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Charlie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Charlie »

It would be good if they had a male model as well, to emphasis that it really is unisex.
Also, even XL is too small for me - I've got a 38" waist :( otherwise I'd consider getting one.
Charlie
If I want to dress like a woman, I'll wear jeans.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Definitely one for the "little people", Oh well! It's a hard life being a monster!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Not pleased that with a 34 inch waist I am considered XL! Yes if they truly want to market it as a unisex skirt then they HAVE TO have a male model. I'd model it for them! There are patterns there that I would wear plus I would like to see an option to have the material cut on the bias as that would make the pattern diagonal and not straight up and down. Shortness is not an issue with me.

The price is more than I would like to pay but then as an adopted Yorkshireman ( a true Yorkshireman told me that there's no such thing as an adopted Yorkie ) I am cannie with my money. What is it they say here in Yorkshire about tight people - "short arms and deep pockets".

Sinned
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
RichardA
Member Extraordinaire

Post by RichardA »

78€ there having a laugh
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Charlie wrote:It would be good if they had a male model as well, to emphasis that it really is unisex.
Also, even XL is too small for me - I've got a 38" waist :( otherwise I'd consider getting one.
Charlie
Me thinks that the UNISEX size chart needs to reflect actual mens sizes NOT womens i.e.:
XL is a 34 inch waist by womens standards OK but XL in mens sizing would be at least a 38-40
a Large being 34-36 by most mens sizing and Medium being 32-34 and Small being 30-32.
That is the problem with todays womens vanity sizing and mens arbitrary I guess that size fits !

Clothing sizes need to be in actual inches (centimeters) rather than a Letter size !

"Skirt-Kilt-ON"
rma
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
phathack
Member Extraordinaire

Post by phathack »

Thats the problem I find with buying any skirt is figuring out the size charts.

I would love to have one of those skirts but they fall far short of the big person sizes I need.
Oh well I gest its back to the sewing machine for me if I want a skirt like one of those.
GerdG
Member Extraordinaire

Post by GerdG »

I appreciate the idea of selling them as unisex skirts, “Brave men can try it too!”. But of course the sizing does not reflect this statement. Even if an XL should fit me well - waist, hip and length - the fact that sizes are not going further do exclude quite a few men.
But again, just the thought…

If a suffucient number of men would tell the company that they should like to buy one of these skirts, if only available in bigger sizes, they should probable adapt.
GerdG

There ARE viable alternatives to trousers.
Sarongman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sarongman »

I do wonder if the manufacturers are browsing sites such as ours, and waking up to the fact that there are intelligent, articulate men 'out there' who are not transvestites but are willing to be seen in skirted garments as ordinary men, and wearing same as a regular means of clothing themselves. If so, there is greater hope is there not!!!
It will not always be summer: build barns---Hesiod
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

I bet they will be browsing here soon. I've just sent them a link to this thread!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Jock
Distinguished Member

Post by Jock »

RichardA wrote:78€ there having a laugh
Indeed Richard, they're not going to sell many at even 1/2 the price!

I find myself being perplexed at this advert. A kilt is a man's skirt. Therefore one expects a man to wear a kilt. So why is it pointed at females and ".. men can try it too" ?
They then change tack and call it a pleated skirt, which makes more sense in the context.

Perhaps some enlightened Senor in the marketing department looked at the final draft and decided that there were a few pesetas, sorry euros, to be made from calling it a kilt and getting los hombres to buy it.

Ah, how desperate is the Spanish economy!

Alas, for me it fails in so many ways :(

BTW can we expect the Tikka Massala kilt and the Rogon Josh kilt, etc? :lol:
Jock MacHinery
===========
"Illegitimis Non Carborundum"
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Jock wrote:BTW can we expect the Tikka Massala kilt and the Rogon Josh kilt, etc? :lol:
After my last trip to the curry house I had a Balti kilt with Cobra accents... Don't ask; it was a baaad night.

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
couyalair
Member Extraordinaire

Post by couyalair »

Jock wrote:
Ah, how desperate is the Spanish economy!
Very desperate indeed !
But I don't think this is a Spanish product. If it were, I'd say, please buy these skirts; we need all the help we can get.

At that price, however, they're not gong to sell many.

Martin