Kanye West wears a skirt to Sandy relief concert

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
the_scott_meister

Kanye West wears a skirt to Sandy relief concert

Post by the_scott_meister »

I just read on Foxnews that Kanye West wore a skirt over his pants during his performance in the concert. It seems to have generated a bit of a trend on Twitter, it's got it's own thread. I'm not on Twitter, nor did I see any of the concert, but has anybody heard that, or seen any pictures of it?
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Kanye West wears a skirt to Sandy relief concert

Post by crfriend »

Sapphire watched a good bit of it and may have seen the act in question. I'll ask.

However, skirt-over-pants I find to be a really silly look that fairly screams of "fashion victim". Tights, yes, but trousers absolutely no.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Mind you it seems to be a bit of a fashion with women at the moment to wear pants/trousers under a skirt or dress. Maybe that's enough of a recommendation for us not to take up the fashion. Warmer in this cold weather maybe but I would just rather stick to either a skirt with a slip and thick tights or ( dare I say it? ) trousers. Don't think I'll be taking up this fashion as it completely demolishes my reasons for wearing a skirt!!!!

Sinned
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Me neither, but it's a step in the right direction all the same.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
GerdG
Member Extraordinaire

Post by GerdG »

skirtyscot wrote:Me neither, but it's a step in the right direction all the same.
Yes, it is. Just to have men starting wearing a skirt whatever combined with it is a progress.
GerdG

There ARE viable alternatives to trousers.
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

I found this on a quick search - it is a but dark but it is clearly a leather skirt over leather trousers (ie pants in US)...

http://www.mtv.com/photos/alica-keys-ka ... ml#7699323

Slightly better pic from further back:-
http://www.thegloss.com/2012/12/13/fash ... er-reacts/
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
the_scott_meister

Post by the_scott_meister »

I would tend to agree with the writer of the artical, Samantha something, I don't particularly like Kanye West either (he's a racist commie), but he is popular with the kids, and anything to further the cause. It's a step in the right direction.

Now if we could just get people to stop wearing skirts over pants. Total freedom is NOT having to wear pants, at all, ever.
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Racist commie? What makes you think that?
pleated
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pleated »

Ray wrote:Racist commie? What makes you think that?
I don't understand that part of the comment either. I did a quick Google for 'Kayne West' and discovered that he is a black rapper who appears to be having an affair with a white woman named Kim Kardashian. So I think that probably rules him out from being a racist.
As for the 'commie' bit I think that is a little incoherent. Why are some people in the USA still preoccupied with cold war politics?
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Oh no, not transatlantic cultural misunderstandings again!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
phathack
Member Extraordinaire

Post by phathack »

If the mens fashion trend that sticks is skirts over pants Im good with that as it wont take much to convert that to skirts with no pants.
Now how do I get more high profile men to sport that look?
Sarongman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sarongman »

This one is a localised phenomenon. I wouldn't know a Kayne West if I fell over it. :) :P :alien:
It will not always be summer: build barns---Hesiod
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

Over his pants is sort of a cop out isn't it?? Why bother... Just free advertising for him, no? :roll:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Since1982 wrote:Over his pants is sort of a cop out isn't it?? Why bother... Just free advertising for him, no? :roll:
You may well be right, Skip. However, if a few more celebrity obsessed youngsters see a "cool" guy wearing a skirt, even over pants, they may just try it themselves and that certainly can't harm us.

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
jeanfor
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jeanfor »

If people start seeing men wearing skirts/kilts even over pants, at least it is a good thing.... They get used to the idea that it is ok. Then it is easy to do the transition with no pants!