Very long men's skirt by Qasimi

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
AntoineParis

Very long men's skirt by Qasimi

Post by AntoineParis »

Those Men's skirts for fall winter 2012 showed during Paris Fashion Week are inspired by religious dresses that's why there are so long. what do you think? I like them
http://hommeurbain.com/2012/09/19/mode- ... imi-hiver/
Milfmog

Re: Very long men's skirt by Qasimi

Post by Milfmog »

The length of those looks good; there is an elegance about the longer lines that is often missing with knee length garments.

Although the collection has a lot of dark colours, there are also some wearable shades that broaden the palette, but it manages not to stray into stuff that screams at the viewer. All in all that’s not a bad selection. Certainly most of those looks are far more wearable than the catwalk collections we usually see. Even the accessories are relatively tame (although I could do without the riding hats).

Carl frequently demonstrates how he makes that length work for him and I can only aspire to making it work that well for me. I generally don’t want to go as formal as Carl does so am forced to try things for myself and see what works (or does not). In addition to finding things that work well together, I find those sorts of lengths take some very conscious management if I am to avoid tripping over hems or rolling over them with the casters of a chair, but I suspect that is just a matter of practise. When I get it right, I find wearing longer skirts is rather satisfying and have received more complements in the Svenjoyment skirt I bought from B&B than in any other skirt or kilt I own.

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
JRMILLER
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JRMILLER »

I think it's great that the designers are still putting men in skirts. Perhaps someday it will spill out onto the street!

In general, I too like the longer skirts, but my knee length kilts are great for summer!
-John

You see, ya can't please everyone, so ya got to please yourself (Rick Nelson "Garden Party")
janrok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by janrok »

Nothing beats a Macabi skirt in wintertime
macabi 004.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Skirt82

Post by Skirt82 »

I like most of them.
MoonDrake

Post by MoonDrake »

A macabi in winter? Kinda breezy huh?
"When the gates of hell are full the dead shall walk the earth"
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

I found them rather cold in Winter, but then again I don't wear tights or whatever under skirts.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!