Do they really make UKilts in Seattle?

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.

Re: Do they really make UKilts in Seattle?

Postby skirted_in_SF » Fri Nov 18, 2011 6:01 am

So Rick, since San Jose isn't that far from SF, was that you I saw at Union Square? :lol: He was wearing a khaki colored kilt.
Stuart Gallion
No reason to hide my full name 8)
Back in my skirts in San Francisco
skirted_in_SF
Member Extraordinaire

Postby Kilted Musician » Sat Nov 19, 2011 3:24 am

skirted_in_SF wrote:So Rick, since San Jose isn't that far from SF, was that you I saw at Union Square? :lol: He was wearing a khaki colored kilt.

Hi Stuart,

No, it wasn't me. It's been quite awhile since I've been to Union Square. When I go out in a UK, it's usually my black one. It's nice to see other guys out and about in kilts and skirts!

--Rick
You can't add more days to your Life... but you can add more Life to your days...
Kilted Musician
Member Extraordinaire

Postby Blake » Mon Dec 12, 2011 2:27 am

skirted_in_SF wrote:A guy I buy skirts from at a local street artist market here in San Francisco lives and works in Seattle. He knows the UK person in Seattle and in fact we were talking about him a couple of weeks ago. He told me the UK guy is the most unhappy looking person he knows. He could only speculate on why that would be.

Yes they do...i dont wear them i wear just a regular skirt,about 13 to 15 in.Mini i guess you could say but not the "stripper" mini you think of.I wear my skirts everyday to work and at home and out shopping and things like that.No bid deal to me to wear a skirt in public.It is about as normal as brushing my teeth
Blake

Postby skirted84 » Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:16 pm

I once had a look on google streetview and saw not one man in a ukilt. It will always be a minority so like a needle in a haystack. But when living in Edinburgh for a year I saw a student over from the US often wearing a ukilt, absolutely blending in around campus, freshers, classes, everything else. Doesn't mean the city is awash with ukilts.

The price is a huge dissapointment though. They should be going down, not up.
skirted84

Postby KurtC » Sat Mar 10, 2018 5:50 pm

Been wearing Utilikilts for 2 years now every day after work and weekends. Love the pocket design on the Survival and the Mocker best but do not care for the new Switchback design. Both my favorite kilts are made US in Washington and Oregon and are good quality, worth what they sell for new. Would love to have a Freedom Kilt from BC too.

My experience wearing kilts has been very positive and I hope others will give the Man Skirt a try for what ever reason.
KurtC

Postby Caultron » Sun Mar 11, 2018 4:26 pm

KurtC wrote:Been wearing Utilikilts for 2 years now every day after work and weekends. Love the pocket design on the Survival and the Mocker best but do not care for the new Switchback design. Both my favorite kilts are made US in Washington and Oregon and are good quality, worth what they sell for new. Would love to have a Freedom Kilt from BC too.

My experience wearing kilts has been very positive and I hope others will give the Man Skirt a try for what ever reason.

I've seen genuine Utilikilts at Celtic fests, and they seem very well made, but I just can't get past the price. For the price of one I can get three well-made kilts elsewhere, or ten off-the-rack skirts.

I have to give Utilikilt credit for pretty much inventing the utility kilt, though, and for staying in business for as long as it's been. They've definitely advanced the concept of everyday kilts and skirts for men.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Postby moonshadow » Sun Mar 11, 2018 9:11 pm

I know this is an old thread, but I wanted to say that during the summer months, it's not a stretch to see a man in a Utilikilt around here, especially around the trail towns. Don't get me wrong, you won't see them daily. More like two or three sightings per season... EXCEPT for Trail Days in Damascus Virginia. More men in skirts than you can shake a stick at!! And not just kilts either, regular skirts, sarongs, even a few floral dresses!
"We all have the tendency to make simple things difficult, but the spirit that abides within us achieves its own ends by making all difficult things simple."
-Manly Palmer Hall
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Postby JRMILLER » Fri Mar 16, 2018 3:10 pm

OK, I will bite -- what is Trail Days?
-John

You see, ya can't please everyone, so ya got to please yourself (Rick Nelson "Garden Party")
JRMILLER
Member Extraordinaire

Previous

Return to Skirts and Kilts for Men