Skirted in Public 1st time

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Skirted in Public 1st time

Post by Big and Bashful »

Skip, A good way to start!

I still don't wear skirts in front of my little community, not openly anyway, but I find wearing them easier in public now, still mostly long denim cargo skirts. Knee length will be the next evolution. I never know what sort of sockage to wrap my legs in, you don't need to think about that with an ankle length skirt!
It is so easy to stick a kilt on, they come with a set of rules!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Big and Bashful wrote:Knee length will be the next evolution.

It may seem a long way off now, but the sweltering Scottish summer heat will force you to do it one day!
Big and Bashful wrote:It is so easy to stick a kilt on, they come with a set of rules!
Indeed. But even though bending the rules a bit is allowed these days, what with all the non-tartan kilts available, a kilt just doesn't cut it, skirting-wise. It's odd, isn't it?
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

I recall my first time as well

I was travelling on a motorway (UK), around 2 1/2 years ago (2009), whilst wearing a skirt. I had changed into it in the car before setting off. I noticed that I needed petrol so I stopped at a service station. I thought it would look decidedly odd if I drove off (chickening out basically) so I stepped out and filled up. Then I went to the desk and joined the queue to pay. BTW, I was wearing a denim miniskirt (14") long (comes to just above mid-thigh) at the time and an ordinary T-shirt, socks and trainers. Knees were knocking at the time I can tell you! :wink:

I noticed a woman and a man (not together) both have double-takes as they passed me but there were no comments or giggles. Near the end of the queue there were two policemen having a coffee. They completely ignored me even though it must have been obvious to them.

I returned to the car (with some relief) and drove off. On reflection, it really was just a big non-event. I also returned the same way later in the day and deliberately stopped for a coffee - then I saw no odd looks at all. :)

Onwards and upwards...
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
skirt24

Post by skirt24 »

I forgot to mention me going through the McDonald's drive thru wearing the skirt. As I pulled out I heard the girl at the window say "that guy was in a skirt". Well the other day my friend was told about a guy going through the drive thru in a denim skirt that had long hair. She asked if it was me and I said yep it was!! I sent her pic of me in the skirt I was wearing and she liked it and now has suggested me getting a leather skirt. Which would be cool but trying to find one around here in a 50 mile radius would be like trying to find a needle in a haystack but I will be on the lookout for one in my size.
Hemitom

Post by Hemitom »

I'm planning on trying to wear either a skirt or my Kilt to the up coming auto show in the near future. not 100% sure if I will or not. it will be a last minute decision since my wife Isn't around to say anything about it. wish me luck!!!
Dale

Post by Dale »

I like a leather skirt, at least in the winter. I will find out about summer wear in a few months. In response to skirt24's trying to find a leather skirt, I ordered two of them on-line from K-mart. Ordering them was the only way I could find a skirt in leather. I like them quite well. I wore one of them to my doctors appointment last week. It was cold and windy with snow that day and I was quite comfortable.
Hemitom

Post by Hemitom »

Well for some reason I didn't get to wear it. maybe another time ill get to. oh well... :( :evil:
Befanie

Post by Befanie »

[quote="Hemitom"]Well for some reason I didn't get to wear it. maybe another time ill get to. oh well... :( :evil:[/quote]

That's a shame Hemitom, I know how I so look forward to my skirting in public. I feel your disappointment :(
JohnH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JohnH »

owen wrote:
skirt24 wrote:crotch cutters
Great term! :lol: We've also had "testicle torturers" and "goolie grinders". Anybody got any more alliterative appellations to add to the trousers thesaurus?
How about "castrato maker"?
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

Hemitom wrote:Well for some reason I didn't get to wear it. maybe another time ill get to. oh well... :( :evil:
I hope you will try again in the future - remember that a kilt is easily the most acceptable form of skirt a man can wear. Once you do that, there's no looking back.
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
couyalair
Member Extraordinaire

Post by couyalair »

... or Scrotum scratchers;
Package prop;
Priapus prison...

M
DenIM

Post by DenIM »

Today I achieved my first public umbifercated experience; walking the dog and meeting several people along the way. Fantastic! All thanks to the encouragement of the many entries on this site, so thank you to everyone that has contributed.
couyalair
Member Extraordinaire

Post by couyalair »

Hi, Denim;
It's good to know the forum serves some useful purpose.

Martin
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Well that's a matter of opinion, Martin. I think it's fair to say that I would have been much less likely to have started wearing skirts in public had it not been for Skirt Cafe. But Mrs SS is not sure that it has performed a useful service!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
couyalair
Member Extraordinaire

Post by couyalair »

skirtyscot wrote:Well that's a matter of opinion ... Mrs SS is not sure that it has performed a useful service!
I can see your point!
I wish I had some useful advice to send you, but as I have been lucky and never had any opposition, there's not much I can offer. Ever since we met, my wife has known I am an oddity, not worrying too much about other people's opinions, and she has rarely complained about it. I've been quite surprised myself at times that she has never stopped me wearing what I want to. Well, almost never, to tell the truth; she puts her foot down and will not let me leave the beach in only a swimming costume -- far too revealing -- and insists I put on a skirt.

Martin