New terminology related to MUG wearing?

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Re: New terminology related to MUG wearing?

Post by weeladdie18 »

If our friends across the pond wish to try more advanced watersports .....In march a couple of years ago ...
.....a 21 foot high tidal wave came two miles up the Helford River and lifted the pontoons over the top of the mooring piles....

I cannot see what the problem is with our weather this year...
....yesterdays temp 18 C...... and only blowing force 6 to 8 with a nice bit of sunshine.............Rod
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Tom ...Refering to Australian surf lifeguard rowing and racing boat ...four oared with cox on the steering oar .....
Probably double diagonal , as per Fairy Racing Dingies.

Another popular rowing boat for Cornwall and SW U,K..... The Cornish Pilot Gig ...thirty two foot , six oar with cox and steered by rudder...
The training boats are G.R.P.....
the racing boats are dry clinker wood planks for strength and lightness....very popular with the mature female crews.....

They consider Penzance to Porthlevan across about 8 miles of Mounts Bay in an open boat is a good race.....the oldest part of some of these gigs
is over a hundred years old.......Probably originally used to take the Pilot out from the Scillies to the inbound sailing ships

Should be something on the Internet
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Skirts are skirts, end of. My skirts go around my legs, a women's skirt goes around her legs, a hovercraft's skirt goes around a very drafty bit, as I discovered today, on a submarine rescue vehicle there is a skirt which helps it seal to a broken submarine by going around hopefully some breathable atmosphere. Turn the concept of a skirt upside down, you have an erm, um, erm, fence? that doesn't really work!
A traditional kilt is a skirt, just heavier, lacking pockets, and costing loads of money.

Skirts is as skirts does, in my book! I'm not wearing mugs, I make coffee or tea in those, I am wearing a skirt, not a woman's skirt, it's a skirt, it's mine, so by definition it is a man's skirt, mine!

Aah! Hot Lava Java is good coffee! just finished my second skirt, sorry, mug of it tonight, sleep might be a problem!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

We bought a packet of that stuff once. Couldn't finish it: half a mug and it gives you the DTs from the caffeine overdose. You'd be a MUG to drink it, IMO, skirted or not!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Big and Bashful wrote: Skirts are skirts, end of. My skirts go around my legs, a women's skirt goes around her legs, a hovercraft's skirt goes around a very drafty bit, as I discovered today, on a submarine rescue vehicle there is a skirt which helps it seal to a broken submarine by going around hopefully some breathable atmosphere. Turn the concept of a skirt upside down, you have an erm, um, erm, fence? that doesn't really work!
A traditional kilt is a skirt, just heavier, lacking pockets, and costing loads of money.
Skirts is as skirts does, in my book! I'm not wearing mugs, I make coffee or tea in those, I am wearing a skirt, not a woman's skirt, it's a skirt, it's mine, so by definition it is a man's skirt, mine!
And that is the truth of it all!! Skirts are Skirts. They have no gender nor sex, they are cloth nothing more nor less.

And the skirts I have in my closet are mine I bought and paid for them so they are not a womans skirt at all.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Thank you for your thoughts gentlemen ...we do seem to have gone round the block on this one...It has all been said before over the years....
Rather like the idea of trying to design and market a new skirt for men.....

Perhaps this would socially explain why there is still such a small percentage of Men in Skirts .....
I am talking relatively over fifteen to twenty years.......just carry on skirting......best of luck
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Big and Bashful wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 7:03 pm
Thank you B & B ...That is a fair comment from Scotland on the Traditional Kilt.

Has anyone seen the video of the Kilted Climber.....He put on his snow shoes and walked to the top of an Italian Mountain....Great Views
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Many years ago , I walked to the top of Mount Snowdon In Wales
When I got to the top it was misty and there was a train to take me down......L.O.L.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Talking about spectacular views.... summer visitors come over to Cornwall to walk the South West Costal Path and stay overnight
In the Youth Hostels en route.......They usually take a month for their trip.

Spectacular , with the ruins of the old mine pumping engines and the old seining fishing stations , where a whole village worked the net.

I went to Sennen Cove and walked to Lands End in good visability several times in the Autumn . From the old Coast Guard Lookout
I could see the Long Ships Light House and Reef
Way out on the horizon the outline of The Scilly Isles was just visible on the Horizon.
The small commercial planes were flying out from the Lands End Airport bound for the Scillies....
The high rocky cliffs were used for Commando Cliff Climbing Training during the war and are still in use today.....
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Open option-the option of wearing open ended garments.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Test drive-trying out/wearing a new item.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Apparel Apartheid-situation in which women can wear virtually anything they feel like, while men are confined to drab monkey suits.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

...."having my legs out...." Forgot who posted that, but I liked the concept. Instead of your legs being rigidly encased in twin tubes, they are swathed by a skirt.