The Big Happy News

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
kodiak

The Big Happy News

Post by kodiak »

Well here it is people, I thought I was very blessed when skirted was able to spend the whole week of and weekend following Thanksgiving with me down here in Wisconsin. We had a good time skirting around together all over the area. Little did I know that there was a question he wanted to ask and that he expected an answer right away. Yes I think you can guess he suprised me with the Big Q of "Will you marry me". Well of couse I said yes, I would have been a fool not to. So far we are looking at a fall rendezvous style wedding. Will get you more info as things develope but just thought you might want to know what we have been up to.
Mugs-n-such
Member Extraordinaire

Re: The Big Happy News

Post by Mugs-n-such »

Congratulations! It sure is good to see you are posting again, too! :D :D :)
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

Kodiak, know any other wonderful women looking for a retired skirted man?? I've tried all the online dating sites and as soon as I say "skirted" I get ignored or thought mentally deficient, no more responses. I have my home for sale and am moving to Fort Lauderdale Florida. I will purchase a foreclosure home. There are more FCH's in Fort Lauderdale than anywhere in Florida. I can buy a CBS home with a 2 car garage, 3 bdrms and 2 bths on a half acre lot for 20K. or less.
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
cessna152towser
Member Extraordinaire

Post by cessna152towser »

Congratulations to you both, wishing you many happy years of wedded bliss.
There are more FCH's in Fort Lauderdale than anywhere in Florida. I can buy a CBS home with a 2 car garage, 3 bdrms and 2 bths on a half acre lot for 20K. or less.
Now that sounds like a REALLY good deal!
Please view my photos of kilts and skirts, old trains, vintage buses and classic aircraft on http://www.flickr.com/photos/cessna152towser/
skirted

Post by skirted »

:? What some one(Kodiak) forgot to say was. That any site members can come but they must wear a skirt/kilt, if they live near Wisconsin. Just leave all wepons at the gate.

I had to ask the question, and it did not take long to get the answer(less than 10 seconds).
kodiak

Post by kodiak »

I think that skirted is confused we are getting married at a rendezvous and weapons are part of the outfit. So if you got them where them, I am not telling a pack of mountainmen and their wifes they can't wear their weapons that would be suicide. So what I am saying is that if it is part of your outfit fine but no consealed weapons and all weapons must be pre 1840's. Also YES Definantly anybody wanting to make the trek to Wisconsin for the wedding that is on this site is more than welcome but like skirted said if you are a skirted man we expect a skirt or at least a kilt.

Yes it was less than ten second but if anybody could see him the way I do they would understand. Yes he puts physical meaning to tall and hansome but if one takes the time to look beyond that and realy get to know him they would find a jewel that you couldn't put a price tag on.
Last edited by kodiak on Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mugs-n-such
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mugs-n-such »

May I ask when and where in Wisconsin this will be? I can't guarantee I'll make it but I would like to try, and yes, I'll wear a skirt (I don't have a kilt yet).
kodiak

Post by kodiak »

Plans and dates may change a little but the location will be in the Wisconsin Dells area. I had a friend give me a new idea for a wedding and that is at a pow wow. Skirted and I have this one to talk over yet, but I like the idea of going native.
kodiak

Post by kodiak »

Plans and dates may change a little but the location will be in the Wisconsin Dells area. I had a friend give me a new idea for a wedding and that is at a pow wow. Skirted and I have this one to talk over yet, but I like the idea of going native. Not sure how skirted feels about it yet or how traditional he is in his thinking. I know that he likes alot of the old fasioned things through history but going native might be to much to ask for. As it is when we rendesvous together it is like he is walking in his ancesters footsteps with his english/scottish back ground and me with a native american back ground but the wedding might just be to much to ask.

By the way Since1982 I think maybe you should try the direct and blunt add for finding singles. Be proud of what you are and do and just say in your add the you wear skirts this will only atract the females that are open minded to it or at least courious enough to write back. Skirted blurted it out the first time we met and personally I think he did it to ward me off but little did he know that I had already been around a few skirted men. All I can say is open and honest is what I hold dear and trueth wins out. Good luck in your two legged dear hunt.
Last edited by kodiak on Thu Dec 09, 2010 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Kodiak and Skirted, this is some of the most wonderful news here we've heard here in quite a while. Bravo and congratulations! This author wishes you a long, happy, and prosperous life together!

Huzzah!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

I only learned the cheer Huzzah for the first time when I watched "Master and Commander: On the Far Side of the World" with Russell Crowe and Billy Boyd.

GRRRRRRREAT NEWS, Skirted and Kodiak. Indeed! :D :D :D
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/