It Takes a Real Man to Wear a Skirt

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
JRMILLER
Member Extraordinaire

It Takes a Real Man to Wear a Skirt

Post by JRMILLER »

My wife and I attended the Universal Light Expo in Columbus, OH yesterday. http://www.universeexpo.com/ It's a "New Age", Spiritualistic Festival. You find lots of stones, clothing, written material, exotic food, Psychics, Yoga Masters, Buddhists, etc. at these festivals. This one is very large occupying two large halls at our Vets Memorial building downtown Columbus.

We go every year, it's a lot of fun, there is so much eye-candy! The women haul out their exotic skirts and tops, most of they guys just drag along "in drab" behind.

I wore a solid navy blue T and an exotic blue sarong like skirt (see below). I attended the show with my wife and she really didn't have any negative comments and didn't seem to be ill at ease with me. She has been uneasy in the past, but she has made a lot of progress and seems to have lost her fear.

Had several looks by other folks, 99% said nothing. As I walked past one booth, a guy tending the booth said "it takes a real man to wear a skirt". Well, I have heard the phrase before, but no one ever said it to me. I smiled and said thanks! Another guy asked me if it was comfortable and I answered in the extreme positive because this one really is very comfortable. One of the ladies that sells clothing called it a sarong. It really is a skirt, it's not a sarong, but since it is lapped, it could easily be mistaken for a sarong.

In any case, it was a very positive and affirming experience. This was probably an unusually accepting crowd which helped. I have always admired some of the exotic skirts wore by the gals to these shows, it was very nice to be able to comfortably wear mine!

My aim is to go for a masculine and believable look, I believe I easily met my objectives and was very pleased with the outcome.

As others have said, just go for it, most people really don't care. Most comments will be positive. If someone doesn't like it and has enough gumption to actually say something to you about it, remember that they are only demonstrating their own fear and anxiety. They are having an emotional moment -- it will pass.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
-John

You see, ya can't please everyone, so ya got to please yourself (Rick Nelson "Garden Party")