Using Plixi to find photos of men in skirts and kilts

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
renesm1
Member Extraordinaire

Using Plixi to find photos of men in skirts and kilts

Post by renesm1 »

Hi,

If you ever use Twitter or an associated picture sharing service then you may have noticed that it is entirely possible to search through a website (such as Plixi) and find photos tagged with men in skirts or kilts.

If anything it proves that a few more men are wearing skirts/kilts and don't necessarily post anything to our forums. I like to think that such skirted men's visibility is a good thing for us.

I hope by sharing this link it will encourage more men to get out there and wear a skirt or kilt.

http://plixi.com/search/messages?q=man%20skirt

http://plixi.com/search/messages?q=man%2Ckilt

Please note: these pictures are from the general public so any comments they make may not always be to our tastes/sensibilities.

R
Please visit http://www.absolutegadget.com for the latest gadgets and games news and reviews
renesm1
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Using Plixi to find photos of men in skirts and kilts

Post by renesm1 »

Whoops - here are some more photos (again the comments are from the general public and may not be to everyone's liking here)

http://plixi.com/search/messages?q=guy%20skirt

http://plixi.com/search/messages?q=guy%2Ckilt
Please visit http://www.absolutegadget.com for the latest gadgets and games news and reviews
couyalair
Member Extraordinaire

Post by couyalair »

A salutary reminder of what the general public really thinks.
But, judging by the language used and misused, I'd say that the comments betray a fairly low IQ.
I cannot imagine more mature, better educated people making such comments, nor trying to look sophisticated by sneering at others.

Let's look on the positive side and say, yes, there ARE other men out there wearing unbifurcated garments.

Martin
JRMILLER
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JRMILLER »

Follow-up to Couyalair comments, the ones making the comments are also young.
-John

You see, ya can't please everyone, so ya got to please yourself (Rick Nelson "Garden Party")
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

JRMILLER wrote:[...] the ones making the comments are also young.
Youth was not regarded as an acceptable excuse for bad behaviour when I was growing up. I see no reason why it should be now.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

crfriend wrote:
JRMILLER wrote:[...] the ones making the comments are also young.
Youth was not regarded as an acceptable excuse for bad behaviour when I was growing up. I see no reason why it should be now.
I don't think JRM was suggesting youth as an excuse or a reason; it is however a fact that a significant number of youngsters seem to see ill manners as an important part of their image. Do I approve? Of course not, but do they care...?

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
Kilted_John
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted_John »

Most of the posters seem to be inner city youth as well. A lot of them speaking "ebonics".

-J
Skirted since 2/2002, kilted 8/2002-8/2011, and dressed since 9/2013...
flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/245gt-turbo
jeanfor
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jeanfor »

I have not seen myself .....
AMM
Member Extraordinaire

Post by AMM »

couyalair wrote:A salutary reminder of what the general public really thinks.
I don't think the commenters are necessarily a representative sample of the general public, or even of the people who look at these pictures.

Keep in mind that the sort of people who will post intelligent comments will inevitably post less frequently. For one thing, it takes longer to compose an intelligent comment than a dumb one. For another, it takes a lot longer to think about something to the point of having something intelligent to say than to just regurgitate a cliche in response to a stimulus. Finally, those who are into doing intelligent things are usually too busy doing them to surf around the web looking for random things to make comments about.
jeanfor
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jeanfor »

Smart people don't bother taking picture of others and posting them on twitter.....
AMM
Member Extraordinaire

Post by AMM »

FWIW, when I looked at the pictures, most were of men wearing kilts of some kind or other, even when the original poster called it a skirt. A number of the pictures weren't good enough to see exactly what the people were wearing, and I only found one which was clearly not what I would call a kilt. (I define "kilt" as "pleated wrap skirt, esp. if the pleating doesn't extend to the front.")

Maybe crfriend and I need to take pictures of each other and post them there, just to increase the diversity of MUGs on that site :)
jeanfor
Member Extraordinaire

Post by jeanfor »

Besides whether they were wearing a true kilt or a kilted skirt or any other skirt most of them looked ok to me....
couyalair
Member Extraordinaire

Post by couyalair »

I often wonder whether, one of these days, I'll come across a picture of myself that some candid-camera user has posted to the net.
Putting "men's kilt" in Google will find a you a million pics, but, although I'm in a toursit town where everyone walks around with a camera, I don't think anyone has considered me worth capturing!

Martin
AMM
Member Extraordinaire

Post by AMM »

couyalair wrote:I often wonder whether, one of these days, I'll come across a picture of myself that some candid-camera user has posted to the net.
Putting "men's kilt" in Google will find a you a million pics, but, although I'm in a toursit town where everyone walks around with a camera, I don't think anyone has considered me worth capturing!
I don't live in a tourist town, but I have on several occasions seen people point their camera or cell phone at me in a way that suggested they were photographing me. (I live in a small town and am almost always wearing a skirt when I go out.)

I haven't found myself on the web, but I haven't looked, either.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

Thank you, but no thank you! I don't need to see racist comments by anyone. Black or white. Racist comments are racist, no matter who says them. :blue:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/