Sightings "in the wild"

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
crfriend
Master Barista

Re: Sightings "in the wild"

Post by crfriend »

It looks like life is good in Central Massachusetts.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
hillaryskirt

Post by hillaryskirt »

Spotted in an East of England city three days ago - a man in a kilt that wasn't quite a standard Scottish kilt. It was a skirt.
It was in the coffee cafe of a big supermarket and, at leisure with my latte, seated (wearing jeans I'm sorry to say, dudes), I was at leisure to observe two things:
1. The fashion style and here's a thing - the man's legs were hairless. Also he was wearing not court shoes exactly, but a bit of a heel and shoes that veered more towards the feminine than the masculine. No tights as far as I could see but he may have had on a light denier and my eyes aren't so great so that's quite possible.
2. I was at leisure, equally importantly to watch the observations of others. This slice of society was mostly made up of standard middle class rather affluent family groups: Young girls, slightly older girls. Boys and young men and their older parental or guardian generation. All as far as I could see were dressed conventionally.
Did they look and stare? Yes they did actually a bit, but not in a hostile way. More of a - oh well let's acknowledge diversity and a bloke in a skirt? What's to get too fussed about. Probably in touch with his feminine side.
Just to finally add that the skirt had a bit of poof to it - and it did look like he may have had on some kind of underskirt or petticoat.
All in all a most interesting interlude and I now feel like drumming up the balls to join him and wear my own favourite fitted A-line skirt.
:alien: :P :D :oops: :roll: :)
"The past is never dead. It's not even past." - William Faulkner.
6ft3Aussie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by 6ft3Aussie »

Spotted a guy last night while I was on the roof of a 13 storey building servicing some radio transmitting equipment, wearing what from some distance (probably close to 100m) looked like an ankle length dark brown skirt.

I was on the phone and I just looked down and there was 3 people walking along the path on the opposite side of the road, they didn't look as though they were necessarily a group, just 3 guys walking down the road, one definitely wearing a long skirt

He looked to be probably in his 30s, and balding on the top and with a beard, so definitely a guy.
He looked totally normal just walking along the road.

They're out there in Brisbane at least.

Definitely cooler now that we're well into our summer, haven't had a day under about 32°C in two weeks, and several days in a row of 37 to 39°C last week.
hillaryskirt

Post by hillaryskirt »

6ft3Aussie wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:47 am Spotted a guy last night while I was on the roof of a 13 storey building servicing some radio transmitting equipment, wearing what from some distance (probably close to 100m) looked like an ankle length dark brown skirt.

I was on the phone and I just looked down and there was 3 people walking along the path on the opposite side of the road, they didn't look as though they were necessarily a group, just 3 guys walking down the road, one definitely wearing a long skirt

He looked to be probably in his 30s, and balding on the top and with a beard, so definitely a guy.
He looked totally normal just walking along the road.

They're out there in Brisbane at least.

Definitely cooler now that we're well into our summer, haven't had a day under about 32°C in two weeks, and several days in a row of 37 to 39°C last week.
Lol this sounds like a scene from a 1970s thriller - Dirty Harry maybe?! And thanks for your post.
All I would say is that I saw a lady thinning on top (although not with a beard) and very flat chested. Wearing a sundress! :D
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

Could that have been a monk or other religious of some kind?
skirts4me
Distinguished Member

Post by skirts4me »

hillaryskirt wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:21 pm It was in the coffee cafe of a big supermarket
Interesting concept. "Café" is actually French for "coffee" so a "coffee café" is a coffee coffee.

Oh the joys of the English language!
Shalom
Steven
skirts4me
Distinguished Member

Post by skirts4me »

6ft3Aussie wrote: Wed Dec 11, 2019 5:47 am
It's Perth's turn to be too hot. Top temps the last few days have been 36, 38, 39, 40. Today's forecast 41, tomorrow's 40.

Driving round in a bus, and therefore wearing drain-pipes but screaming to be in a skirt, I keep being stunned by the number of women wearing trousers - not short shorts - in the heat. Just the though is enough to make me feel more uncomfortable.
Shalom
Steven
straightfairy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by straightfairy »

Filming in Southport a few weeks ago and one of the was wearing a well-worn UtiliKilt, matched with walking shoes and T-shirt.
Newtothis

Post by Newtothis »

On Dec 24th I was at universal studios Orlando and seen a guy wearing Harry Potter attire that included a skirt. He was not wearing the pants and the robe like most guys. I pointed him out to the girlfriend and said look. I hope he didn't take it the wrong way.
6ft3Aussie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by 6ft3Aussie »

Was at the movies on Tuesday evening, we were waiting for the rain to stop (welcome thunderstorm) afterwards when a couple walked in, the guy wearing a black utility kilt. My wife noticed him, and pointed him out. He was on the phone while his partner was buying tickets. I was wearing my green utility kilt, we gave each other the nod of acknowledgement but didn't talk before they went upstairs and we departed.

He's definitely not the first guy I've seen in Brisbane wearing a utility kilt in the city. They're out there.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Hello again, straightfairy! Nice to see you popping in! Are you still one of the skirted brethren?
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
hillaryskirt

Post by hillaryskirt »

skirts4me wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:45 pm
hillaryskirt wrote: Thu Nov 28, 2019 3:21 pm It was in the coffee cafe of a big supermarket
Interesting concept. "Café" is actually French for "coffee" so a "coffee café" is a coffee coffee.

Hi Skirts4me - you are so right, of course. Mea culpa/my bad. :oops: (I jest I know you are not having a go but thank you for pointing this out all the same!! :oops: :oops: :roll: :D
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

skirts4me wrote: Fri Dec 13, 2019 10:45 pm

Café is used in French also for the place one drinks his coffee. More often Bar/Tabac is used or Bistro(t), but such mostly when one can have lunch/diner there also. Bistrot is a small Bistro.
hillaryskirt

Post by hillaryskirt »

Thanks, Gusto10 :o :)
geron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by geron »

Gusto10 wrote: Sun Dec 29, 2019 1:36 pm Café is used in French also for the place one drinks his coffee. More often Bar/Tabac is used or Bistro(t), but such mostly when one can have lunch/diner there also. Bistrot is a small Bistro.
And just to wander even further afield, bistro is not French but is a Russian word meaning 'quickly'. It's where you go when you need refreshment in a hurry....