Sightings "in the wild"

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Sightings "in the wild"

Post by Fred in Skirts »

moonshadow wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 11:00 am Oh so now Fred has a prejudice against fruitcakes that bounce around on one leg!

WHO ARE YOU FRED!!? :lol: :alien:
:wink:
I am ME, MYSELF and I.

I have made my stance and I will stand firm on it!!

NO FRUITCAKE IN MY HOUSE!!!

:rofl: :rofl: :laff: :soapbox: :soapbox: :soapbox: :lol: :lol:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

Fred in Skirts wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:09 pm
Excepting yourself, of course?
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Jim wrote: Wed Apr 13, 2022 12:32 am
Fred in Skirts wrote: Tue Apr 12, 2022 3:09 pm
Excepting yourself, of course?
Of course!!! :lol:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

by Fred in Skirts » Tue Apr 12, 2022 9:09 am
moonshadow wrote: ↑Tue Apr 12, 2022 5:00 am
Oh so now Fred has a prejudice against fruitcakes...

I have made my stance and I will stand firm on it!!
Ah, be careful Fred, fruitcake ain't very firm for taking a stand on it :faint:
Last edited by Uncle Al on Thu Apr 14, 2022 4:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed quoting format
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

This pretty much sums up my outlook on life. I try to be me and do my best to have others see me as I see myself... :soapbox: :rofl:
And yes I am crazy my mother had me tested!!(0) :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
abbynormal.jpg
(0) reference to Sheldon on "Big Bang Theory"
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

This evening in a local LIDL supermarket there was a lad in his 20s, probably a student, wearing a fairly short skirt.  He looked really good in it and didn't attract any particular attention.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
6ft3Aussie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by 6ft3Aussie »

This evening I was on my way into my local shopping centre to pay a visit to the supermarket and walking the other way was a young (I'd say early to mid 20s) couple, both of them wearing skirts. It was actually the girl wo initially caught my eye as she wasn't bad looking.... She was in a dark blue top and dark green mid-thigh skirt, like a skater skirt, and he was quite goth looking, white shirt, black outer and mid-thigh black skater skirt, what looked like dark stockings and black boots, with the dark gothy eye makeup. Aside from the goth look, it was a sensible and not overly out of the box look on him.

He did not appear to be attracting any attention that I saw, they were both going about their evening completely normally and looked good together.

He's not the first skirted/kilted bloke I've seen around these parts, and I hope he won't be the last.
Spirou003
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Spirou003 »

Wednesday when I was at a Cora shop with my brother, I did see a man wearing a black ankle skirt. Except that, he looked like any other male and was "nearly invisible". I had to look twice to be sure of what I saw.
No interaction with him, he was too far and with another (non-skirted) man, I was with my brother and in trousers. This was the first time I seen a man wearing a skirt/dress without it being anyhow related to his culture.
howardfh
Member Extraordinaire

Post by howardfh »

Saw a tall guy in a pub in Brighton wearing a black utility skirt. Good man!
Derek Plattis
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Derek Plattis »

Went to Whitby last a couple of Fridays agao. Saw several men in black kilts and black utility skirts. - I think it must have been the Goth weekeend! :)
howardfh
Member Extraordinaire

Post by howardfh »

Two in three days, a guy with girl-in-arm wearing knee-length black utility skirt on Victoria station Manchester last night.
howardfh
Member Extraordinaire

Post by howardfh »

Derek Plattis wrote: Sun May 01, 2022 10:28 pm Went to Whitby last a couple of Fridays agao. Saw several men in black kilts and black utility skirts. - I think it must have been the Goth weekeend! :)
Probably is, before covid it was WGW every easter. But they are wearing them as "nothing special" and will wear such whenever they go out to similar events; at least I hope! Just put Whitby Goth Weekend into google images
Myopic Bookworm
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Myopic Bookworm »

Quite startled this evening to see a young black guy walking down a nearby street in a beard, a hat, and a short dress in a bright orange and black tiger stripe pattern. I actually pulled up and went over to compliment his coolness, but I was so generally gobsmacked that I didn't remember to check out his shoes! (Whether he noticed I was wearing a short skirt myself I have no idea!)
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

So I got talked into doing a "mud run" recently. Basically an adult obstacle course where some of the obstacles involve a lot of dirt, mud, or muddy water. This one was only a 5km (3.1 miles) run with a claim of some large number of obstacles, but I think they counted the dirt piles they made you run over that were basically the dirt they moved to dig the pits of water and whatnot... I'm in decent shape, do some running anyway, and it was short a weekend trip with friends, so I agreed to go and run.

I ran in shorts, since there were a number of obstacles involving cargo nets, climbing over walls, and similar. But once I finished, I shed the muddy clothes (I literally threw away my socks) and put on a Utilikilt, sandals, and clean T-shirt.

I saw a few other dudes in kilts there (counted at least three, maybe four) and talked to one of them. He ran in a 5.11 Tactical kilt. At least one other guy looked like he ran in a tartan kilt of some sort, I'm assuming it was a modern washable variant.

The guy I spoke with said he'd done quite a few of these races before, and they usually had more guys in kilts! He was actually disappointed in the kilted turnout. He also said overall turnout was down, so that was likely part of it. He said he ran one of the later start times (they stagger the starts, with a group every 15 minutes to keep congestion down at the obstacles) and one of the volunteers at the obstacles said he was the first guy running in a kilt he saw that day.
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

This afternoon at Marksbury Car Boot Sale (near Bath U.K.) there were two men, one in a dress and one in a long flowing black skirt. They were buying things from the stalls just like everyone else and nobody took any notice.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.