Sightings "in the wild"

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Sightings "in the wild"

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

I think skorts defeat the purpose. I have skorts that I have removed the shorts and have a short skirt.

Another design idea would be a skirt with a fastener in the center of the hem. One could snap it and have instant pants, or unsnap it and convert it to a skirt.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

I had the same opinion about skorts. But than I trued one , the shorts are more like under ware than actual shorts and they are great especially for playing golf.

AS far as the snap why you are either wearing a skirt or you are not end even with the snap there would not be separated legs.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Something to remember about Skorts is that they generally are a tad bit shorter in hem length than skirts
because of the underlying shorts offering more modest coverage under the skirt apron cover.
Remove the shorts and you maybe approaching micro mini zone coverage - care must be taken in this respect.
The shorts can be like men's boxers - men's 'Y' fronts sans the 'Y' - and finally with compression (bike) pants.

Still yet if you can get the Skort for a better price than a similar skirt - go the frugal route.
Five minutes of scissor time cutting out the shorts versus a savings of x money.

Removing the under shorts will affect how (where) the outer skirt with fit.
With the crotch restriction removed the outer skirt could ride higher on whatever waist position the wearer wants.

Take care - size up the project (measure twice and cut once) not every skort is worthy of the radical alteration !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I have a red skort and yes, it is in the micro/mini length, a plus for me. The built-in is like a pair of knickers in the same material. I love it because I can just pull it on and instant modesty. It was bought from a charity shop and I wish I could get more of them. I never see them for sale in any of the mainstream retailers. I suppose ebay may be a source.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Sinned wrote:I have a red skort and yes, it is in the micro/mini length, a plus for me. The built-in is like a pair of knickers in the same material. I love it because I can just pull it on and instant modesty. It was bought from a charity shop and I wish I could get more of them. I never see them for sale in any of the mainstream retailers. I suppose ebay may be a source.
I suppose ebay may be a source

Ebay at any one time has about 40k in auction but of course not all in your size or mine or anyone else.

Bidding prices with either by Bid or Buy It Now are great but it is the POSTAGE and handling that is the sale killer
especially those residing on the other side of the Big Drink (Pond) or whatever one floats ones boat on !
And then in some countries the taxes and customs duties - egads it is only clothing and not even the Emperor's new clothing !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
WHY ?
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

To be honest, I used the word "skort" but I meant a type of short with a lot of fabric, a sort of skater short. I don't know if it exists or if it has a name. Skort seemed to me the closest reference. In any case, the skort created some byte stream over the cables. ;)
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

I like skirts that are just above my knees. That way they are the same length as my shorts. Several men's shorts are longer and I have had them shortened. My taste, my style.

I am careful getting in and out of a car and sitting as in a restaurant. Last Sunday my wife and I had lunch at a restaurant and I faced her with her back was against a wall. That way I was in a stealthy and modest position. My skirts usually pull up when sitting, so I pull them down a little as I sit. I was not noticed. My "skirt" used to be a "skort." We also went to a gas station and I walked around and emptied my litter container. I use a large soft drink cup in the back of the console. I usually wash the windshield in a more private location.

Happy-N-Skirts
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Happy-N-Skirts wrote:...We also went to a gas station and I walked around and emptied my litter container. I use a large soft drink cup in the back of the console. I usually wash the windshield in a more private location...
Huh? I'll need at least one more clue...
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

Caultron wrote:
Happy-N-Skirts wrote:...We also went to a gas station and I walked around and emptied my litter container. I use a large soft drink cup in the back of the console. I usually wash the windshield in a more private location...
I think he's referring to potential issues with stretching to get at the top of the windshield? You know, how the skirt lifts as you reach up?
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

Happy-N-Skirts wrote:I think skorts defeat the purpose. I have skorts that I have removed the shorts and have a short skirt.

I have done that too, but I have kept some as skorts, if the liner was similar to what I would have been wearing anyway.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

partlyscot wrote:
Caultron wrote:
I think he's referring to potential issues with stretching to get at the top of the windshield? You know, how the skirt lifts as you reach up?
Yes the ole exposure index issue of the reach and rising hem line that goes with it !
This best observed in stores with merchandise stacked high on shelves somewhat just out of reach.
Now with that vehicle and the hood (UK bonnet) being at chest high - even getting a step ladder is not going to avoid this exposition.
While dresses are generally longer in the hem than skirts they are not immune from this image angle.

At least with the Skorts - there is nothing to see here folks - same color and coverage although I have had skorts with a contrasting color compression
shorts and strategic placed vents in the skirt to reveal such like a fly-away (cheerleaders) skirt with open pleated panels.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
WHY ?
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

If you are washing your windshield wearing a skirt that is normally above the knees, if you reach across the hood to reach the middle, you are likely to be noticed while reaching and bending over exposing your upper thigh and beyond. How is that for a "clue?"
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

My wife and I attended a fun raiser last night regarding cancer care, primarily the financial needs of patients during treatment with such things as transportation, food, utilities, house care, etc. It was a semi formal dinner with an auction and raised a lot of money. There were three men wearing kilts. I complimented them and they were visitors from Canada. They wore nice coats and high white socks with their kilts. Their wives were also there. Everyone mixed and mingled at the reception and no one pair particular attention, stared, commented, giggled, snickered, etc. The event raised over $250,000. Even if a person being treated for cancer has excellent insurance, they may still be desperate for basic every day needs.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Happy-N-Skirts wrote:If you are washing your windshield wearing a skirt that is normally above the knees, if you reach across the hood to reach the middle, you are likely to be noticed while reaching and bending over exposing your upper thigh and beyond. How is that for a "clue?"
Well, I can't say as I've ever "reached across the hood" (bonnet) whilst washing the windscreen as I do it from side to side and my geometry allows me to do so without having to bend much. I can, and have, performed said action whilst wearing a mini and didn't divulge any secrets. But, then again, I'm about 2 standard-deviations off the norm for height.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I can't say that I ever wash the car! My theory is that the layer of dust particulates provides a protective layer over the paint and washing initially grinds the particles across the paintwork leaving little score marks. These build over many washings and destroys the paint's integrity giving areas for corrosion to set in. There again, I could just be lazy!
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.