Sightings "in the wild"

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Sightings "in the wild"

Post by moonshadow »

beachlion wrote:Moon, with your attitude and gesture, you can subtract a few decimals from that percentage. ;)
Understood... of course by "human" I meant what humans were intended to be. Simple living creatures that live in harmony with their surroundings, not fidgeting with gadgets, not obsessed with vanity, no rat race, no nine to five b.s., no bosses ass to kiss, no nonsense political hogwash, just a simple man, and he may yet depart this life 20 years before I do... but I'll bet he'll do three times the living!
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

moonshadow wrote:https://flic.kr/p/2h8VoCc

Nice guy I ran into while walking around in Roanoke. Skirt is a little tattered, but a skirt nonetheless. He's a wanderer walking through across nation with his dog and girlfriend.
Sounds like a good encounter. Non-conforming in lifestyle as well as the skirt ...... and not doing much harm to the planet.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

We treated our resident granddaughter to a train trip to Bray, a seaside town S. of Dublin to the seaquarium there today. She had never been on a train or tram before, so the Inter-City/Luas tram/ Dart commuter rail rides were for her exciting in themselves.

We sat on the esplanade having a look around before entering the Seaquarium and lo and behold, a hirsute skinny youth appeared towing two girls and wearing a red Royal Stewart kilt. They were speaking some foreign language (as were most of the people there!) but his red head betrayed some Celtic lineage, I expect.

Tom
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

Yesterday, sitting in a local Indigo bookstore with a coffee and favorite SciFi book, a guy walked past in a below the knee black skirt. Sort of a slightly goth/ emo look. I was fairly engrossed in the book, so by the time I got up to chat with him, he'd wandered off. The thing was, for the first in many months, I, was not wearing a skirt. I'd decided to experiment with wearing leggings, and I had a pair on, topped with a sort of smock / tunic.
Pdxfashionpioneer
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pdxfashionpioneer »

At the grocery store today I spotted three people in their 20's. One of the two women was wearing a skirt and a top, the other woman was in a green dress with white pinstriping and the young man, with a buzz cut and similarly short beard was wearing a floral popover sleeveless dress. I made a point of staying put until they passed by me.

The young fellow gave me a thumbs up in recognition of my pink blouse, red skirt and black pumps. I called out, "Nice dress to him!" despite it being a little too big for him. I wanted to be sure to give him all of the positive reinforcement I could.
David, the PDX Fashion Pioneer

Social norms aren't changed by Congress or Parliament; they're changed by a sufficient number of people ignoring the existing ones and publicly practicing new ones.
FranTastic444
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FranTastic444 »

Cheapside, City of London today (just round the corner from St Paul”s). A guy wearing a cream knit dress (with horizontal stripes, not sure which color) in conjunction with a salmon cardi, black stockings and pumps. Looked really natural - the outfit really worked well.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

partlyscot wrote:Yesterday, sitting in a local Indigo bookstore with a coffee and favorite SciFi book, a guy walked past in a below the knee black skirt. Sort of a slightly goth/ emo look. I was fairly engrossed in the book, so by the time I got up to chat with him, he'd wandered off. The thing was, for the first in many months, I, was not wearing a skirt. I'd decided to experiment with wearing leggings, and I had a pair on, topped with a sort of smock / tunic.
It is perhaps worth noting with your leggings , that I wore leggings under my skirts for about a month during the cold part of last winter.
This summer the lassies have been wearing leggings with their tunic tops.
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Kirbstone wrote:We treated our resident granddaughter to a train trip to Bray, a seaside town S. of Dublin to the seaquarium there today. She had never been on a train or tram before, so the Inter-City/Luas tram/ Dart commuter rail rides were for her exciting in themselves.

We sat on the esplanade having a look around before entering the Seaquarium and lo and behold, a hirsute skinny youth appeared towing two girls and wearing a red Royal Stewart kilt. They were speaking some foreign language (as were most of the people there!) but his red head betrayed some Celtic lineage, I expect.

Tom
Thank you for the fine photos Tom....I see the fish are skirting the reef....Is the laddie wearing a bum bag with his Kilt ? ...Regards , ..Rod..
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Hi Rod. Been away galley slaving in Velense, Hungary, a stone's throw from Budapest.....not just a middle- European gem but a veritable architectural treasure trove. The majestic river gives it an unrivaled setting, of course.

From my viewpoint, seated with MOH & granddaughter on a promenade seat it would appear that his front-loading bum bag was nae a sporrr'n.

Tom
Last edited by Kirbstone on Sat Sep 21, 2019 11:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Post by weeladdie18 »

Tom thank you for your clarification...Wearing a bum bag with a Kilt, was a recent topic of conversation .
An interesting modern view of male and female fashions as worn by young tourists on holiday. .....
A male in his Kilt and the lassies in clothes which show the outline of the lower portion of the body.

Sixty years ago the male would have been wearing trousers and a jacket ....the lassies would have been wearing summer dresses and woolen cardigans.
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

Seen on beach in Corfu (Arillas beach) two men in quite separate areas of the beach.
One had on a blue sarong with his T-shirt accompanied by his female companion.
The other had on a white/pale cream wraparound skirt.

There were a few others who had on towels wrapped round them like a skirt but I don't count these.
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
new2skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by new2skirts »

Perhaps not so "in the wild"

but Georgia-based YouTuber (who likes wearing denim skirts)
dustin.jpg
is looking for more subscribers. He has a mixture of gaming / home cooking / skirting content.

He wants to get over the 670 mark for subscribers, but he's putting himself out there :wink:
Formerly Kilty / Joe Public etc...
new2skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by new2skirts »

PS he's called Dustin Stephens if you search for his content. (sorry, no edit function :roll: )
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

He has a large collection of skirts!
new2skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by new2skirts »

Ray wrote:He has a large collection of skirts!
Loves his denim pencils too :wink: