Sightings "in the wild"

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Sightings "in the wild"

Post by STEVIE »

This one kind of shocked me this morning.
Pre work coffee and there was a guy in the cafe wearing what I can only describe as a dress,
He was engrossed in his phone and eye contact was not easy.
When I tried to initiate a conversation with "Good Morning", it was clear he wasn't interested so I just let him be.
From his accent and luggage I'd say he is a visitor from another part of the UK? Maybe just not a morning person.
Steve.
So no idea what class he was, gender expressing or fashion stating either.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

STEVIE wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:51 pm So no idea what class he was, gender expressing or fashion stating either.
Just as others have no idea about us :)
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

STEVIE wrote: Sat Mar 20, 2021 8:55 pm My own thought was "Asassin's Creed", but that was only because my own son played the game in his young days.
The idea that there had never been a skirted male "superhero" had already been in my thoughts.
The whole cos-play scene is so vast that it is actually possible if not very likely.
The thought was actually inspired by Moon's experience with "The Lady Delores."
It would be better if you were right actually, but we may never know.
Steve
A few Assassins Creed games have skirted players and/or heroes. Another game with skirted men is Witcher 3 - Wild Hunt (incidental characters only - not the hero). A further one is Fallout 4 - New Vegas where there is a sect derived from Roman times and outfits You can also have your hero character wearing dresses - especially nice is a blue sparkly knee-length one! Goes well with an AK-47!!
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
partlyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by partlyscot »

STEVIE wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 6:51 pm
When I tried to initiate a conversation with "Good Morning", it was clear he wasn't interested so I just let him be.
What were you wearing?
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

At the time I had on a navy skirt and cream pullover.
I was just on the way to work but I always stop off for a coffee first.
The guy certainly was not a regular or I'm pretty sure I'd remember him.
Apart from the dress he also had on a really cool pork pie hat which we don't see much of up here.
I certainly hope he enjoyed the visit in any case.
Steve.
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

STEVIE wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 5:36 pm At the time I had on a navy skirt and cream pullover.
I was just on the way to work but I always stop off for a coffee first.
The guy certainly was not a regular or I'm pretty sure I'd remember him.
Apart from the dress he also had on a really cool pork pie hat which we don't see much of up here.
I certainly hope he enjoyed the visit in any case.
Steve.
Would you have remembered him if the last time you had seen him, he was in trousers?
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Dust wrote: Thu May 06, 2021 2:04 am Would you have remembered him if the last time you had seen him, he was in trousers?
If he had had on that hat, yes. It was that which drew my attention in the first place.
Unusual design for this neck of the woods and he was wearing it indoors which I think is a bit pointless.
Admittedly, otherwise, only had our paths crossed more regularly.
skirtingtoday wrote: Wed May 05, 2021 2:48 pm You can also have your hero character wearing dresses - especially nice is a blue sparkly knee-length one! Goes well with an AK-47!!
Hello there and long time no see, I hope that you are well!
Lets face it the female of the species can be pretty deadly. Black Widows have nothing on some human women.
Not that I am at all bitter or twisted you understand.
Steve.
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

Hi Steve,
Thanks, I am well - just had my second jab on May 5. I still look in on the site but may not post much. I do wear skirts whenever possible tho... especially at golf or shopping.
Hope you are keeping well too.
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
familyman34
Distinguished Member

Post by familyman34 »

At the moment my wife is (re)reading "Xenophon's Adventure" by Geoffrey Household. The illustration on the dust-cover shows the hero Xenophon in a very mini mini; it's not clear whether the waist is below navel level or it's actually a mini-dress.
https://i.pinimg.com/736x/e4/89/e4/e489 ... greece.jpg
It's certainly very short, probably practical in a Greek climate as long as it's not too windy!

Geoffrey Household is also the author of "Rogue Male" - a thriller that's well worth reading; the main character is an independent agent (not working for a government) who is trying to eliminate the leader of a hostile nation (Hitler?); some similarities with Frederick Forsyth's "The Jackal".
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rogue_Male_%28novel%29

Familyman34
Familyman34
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

familyman34 wrote: Wed May 12, 2021 9:42 am At the moment my wife is (re)reading "Xenophon's Adventure" by Geoffrey Household. The illustration on the dust-cover shows the hero Xenophon in a very mini mini; it's not clear whether the waist is below navel level or it's actually a mini-dress.
Hi Family Man
Xenophon would not been very happy with you at all.
You insinuate that there is something feminine about his attire when it is the height of masculine fashion amongst his brothers in arms.
By the great and almighty Zeus please do not go out in a thunderstorm today!
Steve.
howardfh
Member Extraordinaire

Post by howardfh »

Sat outside a pub in Manchester a youngish lad (20's) walked past with a black utility skirt/kilt on nattering to his mate. Good lad!!
Layne

Post by Layne »

Saw a young man in a short black dress (like possibly a skater dress) and a denim jacket in the Mall of America on Sunday. Very tasteful and smart look actually.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Slowly but surely we are getting out there.. :cheers: :cheers:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

Layne wrote: Tue May 18, 2021 12:45 pm Saw a young man in a short black dress (like possibly a skater dress) and a denim jacket in the Mall of America on Sunday. Very tasteful and smart look actually.
Wasn't me - while I frequent the MOA the usual fare is a 14 inch Sport Kilt mini-kilt in the US Coast Guard tartan - dark blue tights (my legs are not all that good looking with the ravages of psoriasis)
ankle sox - tennis shoes - and a sport athletic jacket - topped with a dark blue baseball cap - AND - of course the MASK !

US Coast Guard tartan Sport Kilt version:
US COAST GUARD.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Layne

Post by Layne »

He too was wearing a mask, though only about half of the people in there were.