Sightings "in the wild"

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Derek Plattis
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Sightings "in the wild"

Post by Derek Plattis »

On a day out in Whiby (North Yorkshire U.K.) on Wednesday of this week I saw a man in a charity shop wearing a below the knee length skirt in black and white knitted looking material, black tights and black boots. A little later that same afternoon I saw a very imposing man, very tall with a well made up face and long but very well kept grey hair ( may have been a wig but I don't think so). He was dressed entirley in black leather look coat and long black boots. Really only his great height - I guess about 6ft 4inches or so and his large manly face mad me think "transvestite" but on reflection he was just a really well turned out chap. I was wearing trousers at the time incidentally.

Derek
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

A few weeks ago in Bristol, while on holiday. I was taking a picture of a building, and I noticed that while I had been trying to get the best angle, a skirted man had walked right past me. He was with somebody and they were talking so I didn't try to speak to him. He was wearing a light grey casual kilt and a matching T-shirt. As I had my camera in my hand ...
20210923_140819.jpg

And yes, I was skirted too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
trainspotter48
Member Extraordinaire

Post by trainspotter48 »

I'm intrigued as to which part of Bristol you were in. I don't immediately recognise the street, but I suspect you weren't far from the University in Clifton.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

The inappropriately-named Broad Street. The background is The Grand Hotel. We had walked in from Clifton that morning, and it was not a particularly short walk!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
howardfh
Member Extraordinaire

Post by howardfh »

Happy to report in Brighton - (a) a gent with shaved head but longish beard walked past, wearing a skirt and quite thick tights; and (b) a young chap in a bar with trendy ripped jeans and clearly fishnets showing underneath!
Derek Plattis
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Derek Plattis »

I seem to have seen a few around over the last 3 or 4 months. Much more than usual. I think it's catching on. We need to keep up the momentum now and get out there as much as possible.
Derek
mishawakaskirt
Member Extraordinaire

Post by mishawakaskirt »

I have a sighting in the wild, I feel that it only partly counts.

There has been a decent delay in publishing this.

We were at a local college football game, in which passing by me and my wife we saw two male college students in white pleated skirts. One fellow looked like the skirt was the only change up to his wardrobe, the other had poorly donned some makeup, and hair barrettes, much like a 5 year old playing dress up in mom's things. I didn't think anything really remarkable of this in that it was October 30th. And through out the day we had seen a whole host of costumes most were reminiscent of the adult pajama onesies, as the stadium will not allow masks or face paint. Earlier we had seen cows, Elf, a group of convicts, Eeyore, Pooh, cats, Dora the explorer, wonder woman, and many other things. It seemed that a far amount of students dressed up, although I am not sure what the percentage was.

So while the two guys were in white pleated skirts. They had the Halloween costume safety net.

Me and my wife both saw them, but I wasn't able to spark up a conversation with her. Or with them for that matter.

That particular day being in the 40s F, most everyone else was in trousers, or black yoga pants. Except for the pair in skirts, wonder woman, and one other lady in a long skirt. 4 in total amoung thousands in trousers. The drab denim has returned for winter.

**** The following week ( November 6th) at another game I did see a man in a black watch kilt. I saw a man in a kilt during the 2019 season, I don't think it was the same person this year, I think the man in 2019 was much younger than the one I saw this year.
Oh And one woman in a skirt. The skirt is virtually extinct.
Mishawakaskirt @2wayskirt on Twitter

Avoid the middle man, wear a kilt or skirt.
john62
Member Extraordinaire

Post by john62 »

Last week saw the second guy in a skirt during the last 10 years, mid thigh brown corduroy with black hosiery, black jacket and black Dr Martin ankle boots. Things are looking up!

John
Bodycon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bodycon »

Glasgow Central this morning, chap in a shabby chic skirt. Not my style, looked like an old curtain to me, but he's doing his thing.
PXL_20211117_093858646.MP.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

Bodycon wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:51 pm Glasgow Central this morning, chap in a shabby chic skirt. Not my style, looked like an old curtain to me, but he's doing his thing.
I've thought of using an old curtain like this myself. I might someday.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

As long as you pull everything together right otherwise you might draw attention to yourself.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
howardfh
Member Extraordinaire

Post by howardfh »

Last day or two of the mild weather here in the UK - in fact the east coast of Scoltland is predicted to be a balmy 14-16c, that would be good in high summer! - so I'll be out in the wilds tonight with my tartan skirt; about 2-3" above the knee. Once the temps drop below 10 it's an inch per 2 degrees lower!!
On the same latitude but in Canada it's -9c (Hopedale) according to my weather map. We do complain about the rain here in the UK, but that Atlantic ocean + Gulf stream/drift does keep us mild when the wind comes off it.
But northerlies next week...brrrr....
howardfh
Member Extraordinaire

Post by howardfh »

Sinned wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:18 am As long as you pull everything together right otherwise you might draw attention to yourself.
- very good :lol:
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

Sinned wrote: Thu Nov 18, 2021 10:18 am As long as you pull everything together right otherwise you might draw attention to yourself.
No, I certainly wouldn't want to draw attention to myself!
6ft3Aussie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by 6ft3Aussie »

Last friday out at the Top Golf driving range with the people from work for our end of year social event I noticed a guy who was with another group in a yellow and white patterned skirt.
There are a few out there.
Not a second look that I saw from anyone else there, anywhere, not at the bar or with the others in his group. Was a little different perhaps from what I would have worn but quite sensible anyway.