Sightings "in the wild"

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Bodycon
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Sightings "in the wild"

Post by Bodycon »

STEVIE wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:10 pm fox brush, presumably fake, poking from underneath the rear.
Too much Basil in their Pesto?
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Foxy laddie?
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

STEVIE wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 8:10 pmThe perplexing bit was the fox brush, presumably fake, poking from underneath the rear.
Likely a "furry". Look that one up at your peril. Sometimes the world is even larger than we'd like to imagine.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

crfriend wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 10:37 pm Likely a "furry". Look that one up at your peril. Sometimes the world is even larger than we'd like to imagine.
Bodycon wrote: Mon Aug 22, 2022 9:28 pm Too much Basil in their Pesto?

I will take a rain check on the details thanks, leave that one to the imagination.
Well the "advertising" was almost certainly working if my assumption is even half-way close.
They looked like handling with fox gloves would be advisable.

Steve.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Foxy Bingo has an advert with people sporting a fox's brush. Maybe just life imitating the advert.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
lithaborn

Post by lithaborn »

Aha!

I'm aware of the existence of such items. While they're definitely a fun bedroom accessory, and in my time I've experimented with plenty of similar toys and accessories, I think that would be well past the limits of what I'd wear in public.

I know of a couple of nightclubs and gatherings where it would almost be considered normal, but I've never had the chance to attend. They're in my bucket list though.

More power to the chap. Good on him.
Nunquam scienter normalis
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

lithaborn wrote: Tue Aug 30, 2022 3:18 am More power to the chap. Good on him.
Hi Lithaborn.
I certainly hope there was no implied criticism in my comments.
The observation was really based on my own ignorance of some current trends, "not so down with the kids".
I also have personal knowledge of the areas where he is likely to have boarded that bus and the "good for him", would be echoed and loudly too.
Steve.
lithaborn

Post by lithaborn »

I certainly didn't see any criticism.

"More power to him" was my way of celebrating a bravery I don't yet share. One day maybe, if the right circumstances present themselves.
Eborian
Distinguished Member

Post by Eborian »

Out in Cheddar yesterday saw someone wearing a print dresss and tights/ stockings.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

I am currently in Bordeaux city, SW France and yesterday we walked from our hotel through the Place de la Grande Victoriae looking for somewhere to eat not thronged by students.

Moving among the tables out in that square was a fine tall young fellow waiting on the punters dressed in a splendid McKenzie tartan kilt, and what a fine figure he made.
A couple of hours later we retraced our route across that square having eaten and he was still energetically serving customers. How he could remain standing/walking all that length of time beats me nowadays. You have to be young and this guy's kilt looked wonderful on him.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
lithaborn

Post by lithaborn »

Eborian wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:00 am Out in Cheddar yesterday saw someone wearing a print dresss and tights/ stockings.
That's reminded me. There's a student in a town near us that always wears Gothic style dresses which look great. I'm aware if the website he buys them from from my own research and shopping habits. Waiting for a nice one to come up in their "clearance section" :lol:

Also on a recent trip to Nottingham there were quite a few young men in "women's clothes". From what I saw the city has a thriving "alternative" culture, which honestly made me feel very much at home.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

lithaborn wrote: Sat Sep 10, 2022 9:13 am
Eborian wrote: Fri Sep 09, 2022 8:00 am Out in Cheddar yesterday saw someone wearing a print dresss and tights/ stockings.
That's reminded me. There's a student in a town near us that always wears Gothic style dresses which look great. I'm aware if the website he buys them from from my own research and shopping habits. Waiting for a nice one to come up in their "clearance section" :lol:

Also on a recent trip to Nottingham there were quite a few young men in "women's clothes". From what I saw the city has a thriving "alternative" culture, which honestly made me feel very much at home.
Isn’t that where the sheriff is from? Is he no longer after all those merry men in tunics and tights that rob from the rich and give to the poor?
lithaborn

Post by lithaborn »

He turned it the other way and moved to Westminster
greenboots
Member Extraordinaire

Post by greenboots »

Driving along West India Dock Road in London, saw a largish man in short floaty dress with galaxy print similar to link below, but with more planets, some in fluorescent colours. Seemed to not have a care in the world

https://i.pinimg.com/736x/a4/ba/4e/a4ba ... 263c47.jpg
6ft3Aussie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by 6ft3Aussie »

At the Glen Waverly train station (Melbourne, Australia), on Thursday evening, a young, probably 18 to 25 year old guy, with his female partner walked past us up to the station, we were enjoying dinner at the steak restaurant at the end of the station, he was wearing a purple skater skirt and normal looking top with long socks.

The person I was with spotted him before I did and said that he did not look one ounce feminine, and in fact quite natural.

I only saw him from behind, and he looked from what I say very normal and unlikely to draw any particular attention.
The person next to me on the flight back to Brisbane, well I'm sure it was a guy, but with feminine hands, face and hair style...evidence of freshly shaved facial hair and adams apple. Something not "right" there.

And here I am, in business casual with a platted ponytail...