Sightings "in the wild"

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Coder
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Sightings "in the wild"

Post by Coder »

pelmut wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 11:16 pm …and nobody took any notice.
That’s not entirely true, is it? :D
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

Coder wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 1:16 am
I suppose it would have been more accurate to say I didn't see anyone making a reaction to the skirt.  One of the stallholders commented to me that he found it a bit creepy the way "that bloke over there" had just run his hands over a carved soapstone human skull that was on his stall -- but the fact that "that bloke" happened to be wearing a skirt wasn't mentioned.  (I found it a bit creepy that the skull was there in the first place.)

My attention was initially drawn to the skirt itself, it was a lovely black ankle-length skirt that moved beautifully and I quite envied it  ...then I noticed it was being worn by a man.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

pelmut wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 6:44 am
Coder wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 1:16 am
I suppose it would have been more accurate to say I didn't see anyone making a reaction to the skirt.  
or ......... only I took any notice. (which I think was Coder's point) :)
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Yesterday, a bearded young man walked past wearing...would looked like an ankle length dress.
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

Grok wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 2:13 am Yesterday, a bearded young man walked past wearing...would looked like an ankle length dress.
Could have been one of those traditional middle-eastern robes...???
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Not sure, Dust. Can't say that I know much about Middle Eastern clothing. :scratch:
stephanie53

Post by stephanie53 »

I saw a few other dudes in kilts there (counted at least three, maybe four) and talked to one of them. He ran in a 5.11 Tactical kilt. At least one other guy looked like he ran in a tartan kilt of some sort, I'm assuming it was a modern washable variant.

I'm interested in doing this, and would love to wear my kilt. Do others think it's practical to do it in a kilt/skirt?
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

stephanie53 wrote: Sat Jun 04, 2022 1:54 pm I'm interested in doing this, and would love to wear my kilt. Do others think it's practical to do it in a kilt/skirt?
Possible definitely, practical if it is nice and short. The less friction and flapping of cloth the better.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

Running in a skirt can be great, but depending on your build, chaffing between your thighs can be a thing. I'm on the cusp of having that issue. When I run trails I'm usually good, but on streets and sidewalks I'll sometimes have issues. Something about the constant side changes on the trails seem to help. Or if I haven't been running skirted for a while I'll have more issues.

The guy who I talked to in the 511 kilt said he wore shorts underneath....
stephanie53

Post by stephanie53 »

I've signed up for a 7/30 mud race! Also ordered a JWalker kilt to wear. Excited to see how this is going to work, as I've never done 1 before. Watching a YouTube video, I'm going to be so covered in mud. Obstacle course so lots of climbing, crawling, beam walking, and rope swinging YAH! Will start some training tomorrow.
Last edited by stephanie53 on Sun Jun 12, 2022 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
howardfh
Member Extraordinaire

Post by howardfh »

Dust wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:35 pm Running in a skirt can be great, but depending on your build, chaffing between your thighs can be a thing. I'm on the cusp of having that issue. When I run trails I'm usually good, but on streets and sidewalks I'll sometimes have issues. Something about the constant side changes on the trails seem to help. Or if I haven't been running skirted for a while I'll have more issues.

I thought skirts prevented chaffing? That aside, my problem with shorts/undies was sweat rash around the upper inside legs which seems to happen less runnign around in skirts.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

howardfh wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:32 pm
Dust wrote: Sun Jun 05, 2022 7:35 pm Running in a skirt can be great, but depending on your build, chaffing between your thighs can be a thing. I'm on the cusp of having that issue. When I run trails I'm usually good, but on streets and sidewalks I'll sometimes have issues. Something about the constant side changes on the trails seem to help. Or if I haven't been running skirted for a while I'll have more issues.

I thought skirts prevented chaffing? That aside, my problem with shorts/undies was sweat rash around the upper inside legs which seems to happen less runnign around in skirts.
I'm my experience, chaffing seems to be an underwear related issue.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
geron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by geron »

I'm beginning to wonder whether this discussion refers to chafing rather than chaffing -- which is a rather different thing ;-)
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

howardfh wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 10:32 pm

Skirts eliminate one source of rubbing (from the inseams) and allow another (skin to skin). Nothing is perfect, and I'd prefer dealing with the later most of the time. Walking around casually also has different issues from vigorous exercise.

Underwear is definitely an issue, one we probably shouldn't get into in too much detail. That said, don't exercise in cheap, crappy cotton, and you'll probably be fine. I've found that the longer the period of exercise, the worse clothing issues become, especially if there are breaks in there where sweat starts to dry leaving salt that turns relatively comfortable fabrics into sandpaper.
FLbreezy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by FLbreezy »

Quite a few women friends have told me that they prefer skorts to skirts because the built-in shorts are better for preventing thigh-rub or "chub rub" as they call it.