Sightings "in the wild"

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Derek Plattis
Distinguished Member

Re: Sightings "in the wild"

Post by Derek Plattis »

On a day out in Whiby (North Yorkshire U.K.) on Wednesday of this week I saw a man in a charity shop wearing a below the knee length skirt in black and white knitted looking material, black tights and black boots. A little later that same afternoon I saw a very imposing man, very tall with a well made up face and long but very well kept grey hair ( may have been a wig but I don't think so). He was dressed entirley in black leather look coat and long black boots. Really only his great height - I guess about 6ft 4inches or so and his large manly face mad me think "transvestite" but on reflection he was just a really well turned out chap. I was wearing trousers at the time incidentally.

Derek
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

A few weeks ago in Bristol, while on holiday. I was taking a picture of a building, and I noticed that while I had been trying to get the best angle, a skirted man had walked right past me. He was with somebody and they were talking so I didn't try to speak to him. He was wearing a light grey casual kilt and a matching T-shirt. As I had my camera in my hand ...
20210923_140819.jpg

And yes, I was skirted too.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
trainspotter48
Member Extraordinaire

Post by trainspotter48 »

I'm intrigued as to which part of Bristol you were in. I don't immediately recognise the street, but I suspect you weren't far from the University in Clifton.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

The inappropriately-named Broad Street. The background is The Grand Hotel. We had walked in from Clifton that morning, and it was not a particularly short walk!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair