Sightings "in the wild"

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Sightings "in the wild"

Post by Ray »

Ah, Dennis. Despite our Brexit differences, I like you more and more!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Is it strange that I have loved the humour of Roy 'Chubby' Brown an Kevin 'Bloody' Wilson, yet Mrs Brown's Boys leaves me cold? I can take earthy humour, even dirty humour but ....

Maybe I can blame my parents as they did take me to see Arthur Askey, Jimmy Clitheroe and Ted Ray on stage ( separate performances ) when I was very little ( maybe 5, 6 or 7 years old ). I don't remember the performances, maybe just a gossamers, and I doubt that I understood much of the acts but my mother said that I laughed a lot. So, who knows?

For those not of this island, they were comedians from the thirties, forties onwards, renowned for their very earthy humour. And yes, I knew the theory ( but not the mechanics of sex, self-discovery through interest ) from about 7 years old.

BTW Tom, I love your sense of humour too. Some of your contributions definitely come from an unexpected direction?

As for Brexit well, my feelings perhaps aren't as strong about it as sometimes I make out. If we'd voted to stay in then I would have moaned a bit but would have settled. After all, it's all at a level far above my plane of existence and not something I have any real influence over. I voted for what I thought was right at the time. I may have made a mistake, who knows, time will unfold as it will. I have a roof over us, so do my offspring, I am in employment, have sufficient resources behind me to more than last me, my marriage is strong and stable and I have a lot to be thankful for. So life is good. :D
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

I admit to getting a few chuckles out of the act... :lol:
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

The more I see of Michael McIntyre, the more I dislike him, just not funny. I must admit I never took to Chubby, although I haven't really tried. I have seen Kevin Bloody Wilson once or twice, songs ok, banter between songs excellent, great evening or evenings! Billy Connolly I have loved ever since I first heard him.
Back more on topic, kilts, hmmm. my good kilt is made from a heavier wool, it is also a 12 yard kilt. Swings nicely apparently but boy is it warm! and heavy! I don't often wear it, it tends to come out for the occasional party or pub-crawl and things like weddings. The rest of time it spends inside a kilt carrier breaking most things I try and hang it on! Wow the complete outfit is heavy!
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!