Sightings "in the wild"

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Sightings "in the wild"

Post by Kirbstone »

I call 'em Vampires. Cordiality is just a front. They'll suck blood out of you anyway, skirt or no. :blue: I'm of an age where here I have to have a med. cert. to renew my driver's licence every three years. Otherwise they'd never see me.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Kirbstone wrote:
Thu Oct 08, 2020 11:41 pm
I call 'em Vampires. Cordiality is just a front. They'll suck blood out of you anyway, skirt or no. :blue: I'm of an age where here I have to have a med. cert. to renew my driver's licence every three years. Otherwise they'd never see me. Tom
Tom, You are a lot younger than I and have to have a Medical Certificate to drive?? I renewed my Drivers License for 7 years with just a coursery eye exam. You know the kind "Read line 6 on the chart" and if you can, you get your license. Just what all do they check in this exam??
Fred :kiltdance:

"The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle."

"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Fred,

My Dad was a medic too and he launched me on June 21st 1942, which makes me 78 and counting. In Ireland at age 70 they require you to have had a med. check-up and cert which includes an eye test, but demand another after just three years, so I've had one at age 70, 73 and 76. I am due another next year at age 79 which will be valid for only one year, as they require another at age 80, would you believe.

the med exam is just looking for blood pressure and diabetes and the other obvious ones like Parkinsons &c. The vampire comes in when they test for other hidden ones like tumour numbers, kidney disease, blood cell count, spleen & liver &c. Bloods do tell a lot.

Today I got delivery of a gorgeous bespoke grey plaid kilt which will be 'seen in the wild' ere long...

Tom
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Continuing a bit of thread drift but a very fine thread to the word sightings.
In Australia, if/when one gets to their mid 70's a medical is required but from a friends experience, it is mainly about eyesight.

Otherwise wait until the completely driverless vehicles come on to the market. :roll:
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

denimini wrote:
Fri Oct 09, 2020 11:29 am
In Australia, if/when one gets to their mid 70's a medical is required but from a friends experience, it is mainly about eyesight.
One of the things that perplexes me here where I call home is how focused the RMV is on eyesight. I have no idea why this is the case as the farthest anyone ever sees is the arse end of the Stupid Urban Vehicle or monster-truck in front of one.
Otherwise wait until the completely driverless vehicles come on to the market. :roll:
They're here now. Take a look at how many crash-test dummies there are on the roads using cell' 'phones, txting, or fiddling with the sat-nav whilst attempting to "drive". If those don't count as "driverless cars" what would?
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

geron, the blood is taken form the vein on the inside of the elbow. Where did you think it was taken from?
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Funny,

I thought it was taken from the exposed naked shoulder after dark :twisted:

Tom