Out and About -- In the World at Large

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Out and About -- In the World at Large

Post by STEVIE »

This morning, a visit to the Doctor and a double take with a difference. I was in trousers for reasons practical and nought else.
It was just a blood sample and the nice nurse had never seen me so garbed before. She didn't make any comment but her visual reaction was more than obvious.
Steve
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Out and About -- In the World at Large

Post by denimini »

Shopping day yesterday, 3 op shops getting rid of summer stock at half price. I went a bit mad as some items were $3 before the price halved, so cheap that I didn't bother to try things on as time is always an issue to get back home before dark.
At one shop the lady, about my age, serving me picked up a khaki peplum top and said:
"For the Missus?"
"No, it's just that I don't descriminate"
She replied "So long as you are comfortable ........ I get a lot of my clothes from men's wear because I only wear pants"
I stepped back from the counter so the lady could see and replied "And I wear skirts"
"Oh, I didn't notice ......... I wish I had your figure"
That caught me a bit speechless and I didn't know if I should tell her that her's was OK or what, so I offered in good humour "With the hairy legs?"
"No, not the hairy legs ...... being slim"
I still didn't have a reply but the silence was interupted by the announcement of the total I needed to pay.

When I got home, probably less than half of what I bought fitted or looked OK on me ......... but that is OK as it was still cheap at twice the price and I will recyle the others.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia