Out and About -- In the World at Large

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Out and About -- In the World at Large

Post by Big and Bashful »

rivegauche wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 12:47 pm
I have only worn trousers for a total of about 8 hours in the last two months. I only go out for food. I have not gone out in a skirt or dress because in Scotland you are not allowed to go far from home and if you do you are likely to be stopped by the Police and could even be fined. With a bot of luck things will relax in a couple of weeks.
Same for me, being a good boy here, no need to commit pant! Only committed jeans to shop and not really sure why even then, apart from a confidence knock quite some time ago now which put me off inviting questions in my own neighbourhood.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!

tesjolts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by tesjolts »

johnb wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 7:30 am
I went walking a couple of days ago wearing a denim skirt. I met a few different people, but no adverse reactions.

John
Very nice photo with the green hills behind...where was that picture taken?

Cheers,
Tes

Spirou003

Post by Spirou003 »

The light effect is quite curious, one side being enlightened, the other one in the dark :D
Nice skirt. It's maybe due to the light effect, but I think it would maybe have been a little bit prettier if it has been slightly shorter (above knees).

johnb
Member Extraordinaire

Post by johnb »

tesjolts wrote:
Mon May 18, 2020 1:51 am
johnb wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 7:30 am
I went walking a couple of days ago wearing a denim skirt. I met a few different people, but no adverse reactions.

John
Very nice photo with the green hills behind...where was that picture taken?

Cheers,
Tes
The picture was taken on Hopesay Hill, which is not far from Craven Arms in Shropshire.

John

Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Great picture, John B. Love that countryside. My kind of pocketed denim skirt, too.

Some years ago a daughter moved to Diddlebury and I had come over to visit her via Holyhead. Driving S. on the A49 my sat-nav directed me off left quite a few miles north of Craven Arms, to my surprise. Having traversed a myriad of dangerous narrow lanes and encountered large farm vehicles &c. I abandoned the Sat-nav instructions, found the A49 again and my destination was easily reached using proper roads and a ....Map!

Great neck-o'-the woods, S.Shrops/ N.Hfds. I lived between Leominster & Ludlow for a while in the 80s....Lucton, to be precise.

Tom
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !

skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

rivegauche wrote:
Sun May 17, 2020 12:47 pm
I have only worn trousers for a total of about 8 hours in the last two months. I only go out for food. I have not gone out in a skirt or dress because in Scotland you are not allowed to go far from home and if you do you are likely to be stopped by the Police and could even be fined. With a bot of luck things will relax in a couple of weeks.
There's no rule against wearing a skirt to your local supermarket!
Keep on skirting,

Alastair

greenboots
Distinguished Member

Post by greenboots »

I'm a volunteer driver for a local group that provides chicken dinners to older people and families in need. Each Saturday for the last 7 weeks I have turned up in either my plain black Tartanista value kilt or a Union Kilts charcoal grey denim cargo kilt. Last week in the latter I got several compliments, including a lady who appeared to be from Latin America.

MOH has not raised any complaints, though I do spend all working hours and several evenings a week in trousers, so I am balancing things quite well.