Out and About -- In the World at Large

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.

Re: Out and About -- In the World at Large

Postby mskirt » Wed Nov 07, 2018 2:47 pm

I’ve been out several times in the last couple of months. Once to Cripple Creek a few hours gambling. I wore a A line knee length brown corduroy skirt with black tights. Once to San Francisco just wondering about, blue jean skirt. But tomorrow, I’m going to shopping and a movie with my wife. I’m wearing my utility kilt with black ribbed tights. I always get so nervous before hand but not so bad once I’m in the thick of it. After thinking about “why should I care what anyone thinks “ it occurs to me that it’s because I have never liked being the center of attention. Thing is, this is so much fun it’s worth being out of my comfort zone.
mskirt

Postby Daryl » Thu Nov 08, 2018 7:27 am

mskirt wrote:I’ve been out several times in the last couple of months. Once to Cripple Creek a few hours gambling. I wore a A line knee length brown corduroy skirt with black tights. Once to San Francisco just wondering about, blue jean skirt. But tomorrow, I’m going to shopping and a movie with my wife. I’m wearing my utility kilt with black ribbed tights. I always get so nervous before hand but not so bad once I’m in the thick of it. After thinking about “why should I care what anyone thinks “ it occurs to me that it’s because I have never liked being the center of attention. Thing is, this is so much fun it’s worth being out of my comfort zone.

I think this must be a very common experience for us. The fun of it overcomes some of the not-fun bits. I think all the "fun" isn't just the attention, though. There's lots of fashion alternatives that are just fun on their own, too. Cheerful colours and patterns, and different shapes, for example.
Daryl...
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Postby weeladdie18 » Thu Nov 08, 2018 10:59 am

The Skirt Café is an interesting mental education.
....Going out on the street is the result of planning ones "Skirt Outfit " for the day.
With years of experience the whole concept becomes just a different style of attire.
The world at large is too busy to concern itself with your attire.
The more one goes out and about, the more confident one will become as a "Man in a Skirt "
I was out on the street for the summer wearing my male attire with one of my summer skirts.
A comfortable way to dress in the warm weather. .............weeladdie
weeladdie18
Member Extraordinaire

Postby STEVIE » Fri Nov 09, 2018 9:04 pm

I have been in hospital for the past four weeks.
When fit enough I just had skirts to wear around the place.
No problem from anyone that I detected anyway.
I will be scheduled to go back soon too and I have no plans for trousers then neither.
Steve.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Postby Big and Bashful » Tue Nov 27, 2018 8:15 pm

Today, a visit to the local hospital to get the gammiest of my knees X-rayed, decided to take the chance to wear a skirt so give them the easiest access, for the first time this year I dug out my ankle length cargo denim Midas skirt.
In and around the hospital, no comments, at all, didn't spot any significant looks, hardly a glance.
Next exiting episode, as my specs have been shedding screws recently I went to my optician to get a replacement screw andhopefully a larger replacement for the other one which had stripped and keeps working loose. Drove to where the optician was, it wasn't. I think it now sells furniture but didn't stop driving to check. Back to the nearest town to my house and found an optician, they fixed my specs, no charge and still no comments about my long denim skirt.
I had thought about going knee length but as the weather is kind of cool I went for the long option.
As always, the trip was a complete none event, my first skirting in public wor quite a while.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Postby Jim » Tue Jan 15, 2019 12:02 am

A new one for me today, a few miles of cross-country skiing in a long white skirt. I was mostly on a snowmobile trail along a fairly busy road. Worked well and I stayed warm except for my fingertips.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Previous

Return to Skirts and Kilts for Men