Out and About -- In the World at Large

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Out and About -- In the World at Large

Post by Sinned »

No hassle to pee, just pull down the waistband of both underwear and tights in one swift movement. No problem.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Sinned wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 9:09 pm No hassle to pee, just pull down the waistband of both underwear and tights in one swift movement. No problem.
The problem I had was that the waist of the hose being higher than the waist of the skirt.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

denimini wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:43 am The problem I had was that the waist of the hose being higher than the waist of the skirt.
are they not the same waist? My pantyhose are a little above my tummy button - as is my skirt waist - just on my tummy button really.

They are pain to remove pantyhose when wearing a fitted skirt because they both are at the same line - a dress is easier.
But then a stocking in stayup or suspended is easier still.

NZF
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

I limit my fluid intake on days when I go out on jaunts so I don't have to make pit stops. However, on those occasions when nature calls, I use a stall instead of a urinal so I'll have privacy to do my business.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
new2skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by new2skirts »

nzfreestyler wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 5:24 am
denimini wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 2:43 am The problem I had was that the waist of the hose being higher than the waist of the skirt.
are they not the same waist? My pantyhose are a little above my tummy button - as is my skirt waist - just on my tummy button really.

They are pain to remove pantyhose when wearing a fitted skirt because they both are at the same line - a dress is easier.
But then a stocking in stayup or suspended is easier still.

NZF
I have found hold ups straight forward (they usually have a rubber like material at the top to keep them on your thighs), and comfortable panties. They rarely work their way down. My pencil skirts can be tugged up in one or two swift pulls to waist height before sitting. Again, always in a stall to spare awkwardness at the urinal :mrgreen:
Formerly Kilty / Joe Public etc...
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Dust »

denimini wrote: Thu Dec 24, 2020 2:23 am I can explain why one particular male hates pantyhose; such a hassle to have a pee.
Once again, they make them with a fly, for men. No other real difference, other than sizing, though you will pay extra. That and a more limited selection...
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Well I was certainly out and about today, shopping before the 200kms trip home. In the supermarket I noticed an elderly guy (probably my age but he was certainly acting his age) looking at his phone, then it struck me that he might be filming me so as he walked past I looked around and sure enough he had turned around still facing me with his phone. I looked straight at him but realised that he was so focussed on the skirt that he could not see my face! I was lost for words for this situation and contemplated a long string of expletives but he turned and went.
Sometimes it is good not to react too quickly because I came across him in another aisle where I moved my trolley so he could get past whereas he gave me a look of respect and said "Thanks mate". Perhaps he had time for his brain to adapt or the recipient of his pics said "so what".

I must say that I do get more looks and doubletakes in a 12.5" mini than a 14" so maybe I am pushing things a bit much in an outback community ........ but it is summer in a hot climate.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

I'll risque a question, what difference does two inches make?
Steve.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

STEVIE wrote: Thu Dec 31, 2020 7:35 pm I'll risque a question, what difference does two inches make?
Steve.
Nothing more than showing 2 inches of more leg ......... I hope.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

for what its worth 2 inches makes a difference in skirt lengths around 12''.
I wear 14'' a lot - I even have a couple of suits with 14'' straight skirts - good mid thigh length.
loose 2 inches and its a great mini - but things that are manageable in 14 are not so simple any longer in a 12.
Good example is sitting in front of someone in a 12'' mini that is fitted and I cannot avoid showing my underwear to someone at some point. Even with legs crossed its only just possible to hide the front triangle that shows - so realistically you do show some. That 2'' shorter just makes it more risky in that sense.

Other thing is with more leg out you do need to wear minimal coverage underwear because your knickers will show - the larger your underwear - the more likely they will show whereas skin just looks like leg from a distance.

The other option is to wear dreaded pantyhose - sheer to waist or something with no reinforced middle or brief area - usually referred to as sheer to waist - or xyz to waist.

that said though I still wear a lot of 12'' minis - I just deal with the issues.

Another one folk don't realise is - wearing a short mini in public places... well when you sit its just you on the seat - no skirt there really so I often feel icky if I have to sit on a bus/cafe seat in a very short mini.

NZF
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

nzfreestyler wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:28 am Another one folk don't realise is - wearing a short mini in public places... well when you sit its just you on the seat - no skirt there really so I often feel icky if I have to sit on a bus/cafe seat in a very short mini.

NZF
I know that one well. I have used the paper serviette that is supplied ....... to sit on.
Once I am out of the car I rarely sit when on a shopping trip. I used to stop for a coffee, perched on the edge of a chair at a table, but with COVID signing in etc. I can't be bothered. A shopping trip is once in 3 weeks, a big list including hardware and building items and 400 kms driving does not give much free time. This time was different because I was house minding on the edge of town so I had plenty of free time but didn't need a coffee because I could make one where I was staying.

Wearing a mini makes a lot of fun out of a shopping trip as well as being comfortable on a hot day. Wheeeee, feeeeel that breeeeeze!
Go into supermarket airconditioning on a hot day and it is like jumping into a cool plunge pool.

The trip before this one I had offered a guy with just a few items to go ahead of me at the checkout. He said "Thanks, there are not many of us left these days" (he wasn't wearing a skirt so must have been referring to courtesy).
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

nzfreestyler wrote: Fri Jan 01, 2021 10:28 amAnother one folk don't realise is - wearing a short mini in public places... well when you sit its just you on the seat - no skirt there really so I often feel icky if I have to sit on a bus/cafe seat in a very short mini.

NZF
Wearing and sitting in a short mini during the height of summer when seating surfaces were hot as a griddle provided it’s own unique challenges which I experienced more than a few times, and they weren’t all that pleasant.

As for hemlines, the shortest skirts I currently wear are 15 or 16 inches, but, at six foot two with long legs, they were minuscule enough for me, and if you look at pictures I’ve posted in my thread, you can see what I mean. In the beginning, I was more than a little apprehensive about wearing miniskirts, settling for knee length or lower lengths, but I soon came to enjoy, even love miniskirts. However, I don’t think I’d dare wear anything shorter than 14 inches, that would be too daring, even for me.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Not in a miniskirt, it is too damn cold.
Really, it has nothing to do with skirts other than I was wearing one.
Out for some air in a local park and I got a compliment from a two year old.
She exclaimed "Santa" on casting eyes on me. Her parents were just relieved that I took no offence and we had a good laugh about it.
That toddler turned a dull day into something much nicer for me anyway.
Steve.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

I was repairing stonework at home (as usual) wearing an 11" khaki cotton mini skirt (quite common) when the phone rang. It was a delivery of roofing materials that arrived in town and I gave the driver directions "opposite the Police Station" and just had time to grab some keys and change into a 12" mini skirt (yes and extra 1" has quite a psychological benefit as I wasn't sure if it would be a familiar driver).
He was waiting when I got there and I surveyed the pack; too much for 2 guys to lift off in one piece so I went and got a knife, climbed up onto the tray of the truck and proceeded with cutting open the 6 metre long package, bending in a mini skirt with my back to the Police Station (feeling great about that extra inch). A local came along and offered a hand but by then I had split the pack and I told him we were OK thanks.
I think the much younger driver might have had some respect for my fitness as he was on the other end of the number of lengths I chose to take at a time.
As I have said before, wear a skirt with confidence and people accept that is what you wear normally. It is not an issue.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Another shopping trip today, busy as usual but managed to get to one op shop (thrift, charity shop). I was wearing a 14" khaki mini and looking through a rack of "ladies wear". There were 2 ladies running the shop and one I had not seen before called out to me, "Looking for something for your wife?".
I call back across the shop "No, I wear skirts", while stepping out to where she could see and pulling the hem of my skirt tight so it was evident that there was no inseam.
The lady responded, "Oh, there are a lot of skirts along the back wall", which was instructive as I had previously not found many skirts in that shop.
I could hear a bit of chuckling between them and one saying to the other "I never even noticed".

Proof that people don't always notice.