Out and About -- In the World at Large

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Out and About -- In the World at Large

Post by STEVIE »

This morning, a visit to the Doctor and a double take with a difference. I was in trousers for reasons practical and nought else.
It was just a blood sample and the nice nurse had never seen me so garbed before. She didn't make any comment but her visual reaction was more than obvious.
Steve
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Shopping day yesterday, 3 op shops getting rid of summer stock at half price. I went a bit mad as some items were $3 before the price halved, so cheap that I didn't bother to try things on as time is always an issue to get back home before dark.
At one shop the lady, about my age, serving me picked up a khaki peplum top and said:
"For the Missus?"
"No, it's just that I don't descriminate"
She replied "So long as you are comfortable ........ I get a lot of my clothes from men's wear because I only wear pants"
I stepped back from the counter so the lady could see and replied "And I wear skirts"
"Oh, I didn't notice ......... I wish I had your figure"
That caught me a bit speechless and I didn't know if I should tell her that her's was OK or what, so I offered in good humour "With the hairy legs?"
"No, not the hairy legs ...... being slim"
I still didn't have a reply but the silence was interupted by the announcement of the total I needed to pay.

When I got home, probably less than half of what I bought fitted or looked OK on me ......... but that is OK as it was still cheap at twice the price and I will recyle the others.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
K_Highlander

Post by K_Highlander »

Hiking yesterday in Shenandoah National Park with 7 other hiking buddies.
One of the women commented that I "had nice legs", I replied "That's not why I wear skirts"
But it was a complement!
I have been hiking with these and other folks for 3 years, wearing nothing but skirts.
BTW it's a Kohls skort, with shorts removed. I did have on a fleece "under skirt" until it warmed up and we started hiking uphill.
Still had snow and ice on the trail sections blocked from sun by terrain.
Also had another stream to wade across (calf deep), took off my boots, no pants to roll up!
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

i had to visit my doctor's surgery today and that may turn into a tale for another time.
The receptionist, a rather pretty girl had on a mini dress. it would have been a close comparison as to whether my skirt was as short.
She certainly has the nicer legs anyway.
Steve.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

STEVIE wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:16 pm i had to visit my doctor's surgery today <snip> The receptionist, a rather pretty girl had on
a mini dress. it would have been a close comparison as to whether my skirt was as short.
Steve.
Seems like you enjoyed the "Eye Candy" :lol:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

STEVIE wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 7:16 pm The receptionist, a rather pretty girl had on a mini dress. it would have been a close comparison as to whether my skirt was as short.
Steve.
Yes, been there. It feels quite strange when one's mini skirt is shorter than the young lady's serving at a cafe. Incongruous because a shop would display the best goods in the biggest window.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Apart from pretty, she had a friendly warm aspect which made a nice change from the frosty aloof person normally in that position.
Much much sweeter than any "eye candy" that I have ever tasted.
Steve.
Tackleberry
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Tackleberry »

Went to the local shop as the OH is at work, and what I wore isn’t to everyone’s taste but I went out in a pair of leggings and a short black skirt and knee high boots...
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

Recetly I arrived at my place after having driven for nany hours. En route I wore a black leather skirt, black tights, kneehigh boots and a jacket. When getting out of the car my neighbour was in the garden, she saw me and was much impressed. We had a short chat.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

STEVIE wrote: Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:00 pm Not in a miniskirt, it is too damn cold.
Wearing a miniskirt in the dead of winter isn't all that much a problem for me. As long as my legs are well protected, either with thick tights or leggings, the cold doesn't present a problem.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

A tale of Two Chats

Post by STEVIE »

Returning from Doc's surgery this morning, I decided a coffee was in order and current regulations mean outdoor consumption.
The rig was red fedora and pullover with black skirt shoes etc. Noticeable but not unduly flamboyant.
The first comment, "Is that a skirt, what is your problem"? This from a guy very much in the mould of Rab C Nesbitt. A stereotypical Scots comedic character made famous by actor Gregor Fisher. Sounds hostile and my initial response was that "Yes it is and I don't have a problem", implied unless you wish to make one. He caught the vibe, apologised and no convert but set straight on some of the common misconceptions re men in skirts.
Literally, seconds later a lady and her partner who are nodding acquaintances only asked after my health and how I hadn't been spotted lately. Not once in all the times I have briefly talked to them has the skirt been a topic.
I may never see that first guy again but perhaps I have done more good with him than the couple whose views and thoughts I really have no take on at all.
Yup it goes with the territory all right and it is fun too.
Steve.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

My wife and I got our first COVID vaccines this morning. As it was cool and we needed uncovered arms I picked a short sleeve sweater to go with my skirt. Lots of people standing in line, then in socially distanced seating waiting for the shot, and then after the shot in more socially distanced seating while we wait the required 15 minutes. No comments on my attire.
DSCF6006cs.jpg
When I took off my skirt to change into a denim one this afternoon for dirtier work, I discovered that my short sleeve sweater might really be a short dress:

DSCF6005cs.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Nah, Jim, it's TOO short to be a dress. It looks more like a tunic to me. I have a yellow one that length but with cap sleeves. The difference in length between a tunic and a dress can literally be a couple of inches. I'd keep it as a top for a skirt unless you want to get "felt up" by the police. I wouldn't want to go out in it, let's put it that way. But as a top it's fine. Of course SD and NZ may feel differently.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

Sinned wrote: Fri Mar 19, 2021 9:49 pm Of course SD and NZ may feel differently.
I think thats a tunic or a top too. I don't mind a short hemline -Yes I'd wear a skirt that short but a dress at that hem line is too short for me to be happy - because a dress lifts as you move your upper body too...shrug your shoulders in that and you'll likely show more than you should...

showing some leg does have its limits....

cheers
NZF
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

Jim: I don't know how tall you are, but, at six foot two, that tunic would be a non-starter for me as a dress. Just too short for my liking. However, I'd wear it with leggings, that would make for a nice look.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.