Out and About -- In the World at Large

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Dust
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Out and About -- In the World at Large

Post by Dust »

geron wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:46 pm
FLbreezy wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:52 pm I guess I'm in the minority, but I'd love me a good "cargo skirt" that was a bit above the knee and fit nicely.
Isn't that more or less what the original Skirtcraft design was about? Except for the knee: mine lies more or less on the knee. It has excellent pockets, and my wife approves of it ;-)
Are they still in business? I might have to go ahead and get one here at some point... Spendy, but I've heard his things.
Layne

Post by Layne »

Skirtcraft skirts are still available. Ordered my first from him a few months ago. It arrived really fast and is of excellent quality. I’ve been wearing it frequently around Duluth with either no reaction or very positive feedback.
Bodycon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bodycon »

Big and Bashful wrote: Wed Aug 03, 2022 11:52 am total freedom of movement but no pockets so I always have a jacket on to carry my phone which measures my strides etc.
Just spent a few days in the south of France, all the guys have man-bags (like a camera or binocular case) worn diagonally over the shoulder and they were all wearing trousers or shorts with pockets. Seems to be A la Mode and practical when its too hot for a jacket. I have a hiking pack (bum bag) that I hang over one shoulder.

It was very hot, mid to high 30°'s C in the shade, so I ended up skirted every day just to keep cool (along with copious amounts of cold beer) rather than when it took my fancy. Never saw another skirted guy.....
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

Most of the time I have my backpack with me, it is big enough to hold clothes, equipment and toys (iPad + charger) for a couple of days as well as my collection of prescription drugs. That is as near as I get to a man bag. No need to take that on my little walks.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
Offkilter69
Distinguished Member

Post by Offkilter69 »

Dust wrote: Fri Aug 05, 2022 1:12 am
geron wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 6:46 pm
FLbreezy wrote: Thu Aug 04, 2022 12:52 pm I guess I'm in the minority, but I'd love me a good "cargo skirt" that was a bit above the knee and fit nicely.
Isn't that more or less what the original Skirtcraft design was about? Except for the knee: mine lies more or less on the knee. It has excellent pockets, and my wife approves of it ;-)
Are they still in business? I might have to go ahead and get one here at some point... Spendy, but I've heard his things.
I’m a cargo skirt fan as well. I have quite a few utility kilts which I like, but I would rather wear utility skirts due to much less bulk and weight, plus they are a lot cheaper. The rate limiting factor is skirt confidence and how my SO will react. If she was supportive/encouraging I could probably venture out like I regularly do in kilts, which she has accepted. Skirts will probably take more time for acceptance, if ever.

I have one Skirtcraft unaligned skirt, which I like but have not worn yet due to the above reason. Helikon Tex makes a great utility skirt that bests most pants and shorts in pockets, both in size and quantity.

Mountain Hardwear made a lightweight hiking kilt which I own in three colors that is very skirt like in feel and appearance that is my go-to for walks on very hot days and lounging at home. Sportkilt has added a very similar version to their hiking kilts (which are very comfortable too), but so far it’s available only in a dark olive green 🤮.

Pockets are a must for me. Carrying a purse is not my personal bag, pun aside. In fact, my SO appreciates the fact that I try to buy her skirts and skorts with functional pockets as well, although she still brings at least two purses with her wherever she goes 😄.
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

mishawakaskirt wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 3:51 pm The mans skirt?
[...]
Frontal balls pocket?
You'd certainly notice if it started to turn around sideways like some wrap-around skirts tend to do.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

jamie001 wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 7:40 pm I would not want pockets on a man's skirt!! AAAAARRRRGGGH! It would really ruin the look of a beautiful skirt.
The first thing I do with a skirt is to add a pocket if at all possible.  Provided it is deep enough to hang below the hip and you don't stuff it too full, it doesn't spoil the appearance of a moderately 'full' skirt. A lot of women have said they are envious of skirts with pockets.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
Chirp
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Chirp »

I have a full length skirt that i wear alot. To be honest its my fav one to wear due to how light and comfortable it is, It has 2 small pockets, There just big enough to fit my phone in one and ID and keys in other,

Much the same as this one.

https://themogan.com/products/izzie-dra ... iUQAvD_BwE
No one mess's with a big guy in kilt
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Yesterday I went to see a GP about a genital issue. I wore a black, knee-length skirt for the occasion. I said that the skirt would make things easier and he agreed. The examination went fine and no other comment about the skirt.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Myopic Bookworm
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Myopic Bookworm »

I have worn a corduroy kilt to the doctor's surgery for similar reasons.

Yesterday I went to B&Q in my olive-green Incerun skirt (ankle length). The bloke at the cash desk politely enquired how long I had been cross-dressing, so I explained that technically I wasn't, as it was a man's skirt that I had found on the internet, and more practical/comfortable than jeans in this hot weather. He agreed about the comfort aspect, citing a colleague who actually is a cross-dresser.
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

Wore a Macabi knee length around my neighborhood today. I was almost certainly the most (physically) comfortable male around during a hot, dry summer day.

Interesting sensation on the inner surfaces of my legs, when I walk into an air conditioned grocery store. :shock:
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Well, today it was off to RAH Paisley (a hospital type structure) for a fibroscan. I wore one of my skater skirts, because- comfort. I was there for a couple of hours, no comments, no obvious looks, complete non event. Passing time in the cafe between scans with the breeze from an open door teasing the skirt was ever so pleasant.
Downside of the day was finding out I am hard of liver. Back to trying to figure out what to do with a house full of booze!
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Hi B&B
I wish I was in a position to help with your surplus.
I do miss my favourite tipples but health has to come first.
Please tell that you will still come along next Saturday!
Steve,
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Yes I plan to, although I am struggling to think what there is to eat and drink now, it's a challenge! but it's also the future, for me.
ScotL
Chatbot

Post by ScotL »

Went out to the movies tonight wearing a black and white kilt from Scarlet Darkness (never heard of them before), grey linen shirt and black tennis shoes. No comments or stares as much as I could tell but I walked around with confidence and just didn’t care what others thought. I was comfortable.

I came back from being overseas where I wore a nice kilt with nice shirt, tie, nice shoes and of course, Scottish Jose pulled to the knees. There only one person said anything and that was a guy who said the outfit looked really good.

To fly back to the states, I wore a kilt to the airport. But I changed before going through security given what I’ve come to learn from reading that kilts draw unnecessary security interest. Walking though the airport I did hear one woman exclaim WTF? I looked over and she looked sheepish so I think she said it about me but that’s a pretty common phrase so who knows. And more importantly, who cares. I was comfortable and she was being a bîtch if she was really directing that comment to me