Out and About -- In the World at Large

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Out and About -- In the World at Large

Post by nzfreestyler »

Coder wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:08 am EXACTLY what goes through my mind every day at work. Every day. But I also realize that if I were wearing skirts to work I would mix it up with jeans from time to time. But it would be a 90%/10% mix.
I wear skirts/dresses to work, and for me its skirt, skirt, skirt, skirt, skirt, skirt..... always. I've only worn jeans once or twice a year in total and I've only worn jeans once to work in the last donkeys age that I can recall and it was a casual Friday last winter. But thats just me.I'll always choose a skirt over shorts too - unless they're short shorts which I wear now and again.

I've worn most skirts and dresse styles but have never tried a skirtall so I've no idea what they're like to wear.

NZF
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

nzfreestyler wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:28 am
Coder wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 5:08 am EXACTLY what goes through my mind every day at work. Every day. But I also realize that if I were wearing skirts to work I would mix it up with jeans from time to time. But it would be a 90%/10% mix.
I wear skirts/dresses to work, and for me its skirt, skirt, skirt, skirt, skirt, skirt..... always. I've only worn jeans once or twice a year in total and I've only worn jeans once to work in the last donkeys age that I can recall and it was a casual Friday last winter. But thats just me.I'll always choose a skirt over shorts too - unless they're short shorts which I wear now and again.

I've worn most skirts and dresse styles but have never tried a skirtall so I've no idea what they're like to wear.

NZF
And on that rare occasion you wore jeans (women's jeans?), did you startle or surprise your co-workers? :lol:
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

JeffB1959 wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:29 am I've worn most skirts and dresse styles but have never tried a skirtall so I've no idea what they're like to wear.
Ha ha ha!
Funny thing is yes they teased me for wearing jeans! Not because they were womens jeans but because I had trousers on!!!

I do wear womens jeans - I find the fit better and not as baggy on my waist - I prefer my butt in womens jeans - I just think it fits better. As for leg length and taper I like the skinny jeans and a leg that ends above ankle so that my shoes and ankles are fully visible.

I have one pair of regular jeans but they almost never see the light of day - they must be 15 years old or so. Still in perfectly new condition.
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

nzfreestyler wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:58 am
JeffB1959 wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:29 am I've worn most skirts and dresse styles but have never tried a skirtall so I've no idea what they're like to wear.
Ha ha ha!
Funny thing is yes they teased me for wearing jeans! Not because they were womens jeans but because I had trousers on!!!

I do wear womens jeans - I find the fit better and not as baggy on my waist - I prefer my butt in womens jeans - I just think it fits better. As for leg length and taper I like the skinny jeans and a leg that ends above ankle so that my shoes and ankles are fully visible.

I have one pair of regular jeans but they almost never see the light of day - they must be 15 years old or so. Still in perfectly new condition.
I used to wear jeans, women’s jeans on my outings, but, I haven’t done that since April 2013 after I went all in on skirts, and later, dresses, and I haven’t looked back.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
nzfreestyler
Member Extraordinaire

Post by nzfreestyler »

JeffB1959 wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 11:45 am I used to wear jeans, women’s jeans on my outings, but, I haven’t done that since April 2013 after I went all in on skirts, and later, dresses, and I haven’t looked back
Just so much better in a skirt or a dress !
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Hey Fred... me thinks we have a closed mind on our hands with Nintendo boy.. hand me that crowbar... let's try to pry it open!

:twisted:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

moonshadow wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:31 pm Hey Fred... me thinks we have a closed mind on our hands with Nintendo boy.. hand me that crowbar... let's try to pry it open!
:twisted:
Closed isn't the word for it, more like welded shut!
I am going to answer his post just to see if I can get others involved in the discussion..... :lol:
rocket.jpg
:kiltdance:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Here is my reply to this closed minded little twerp!
@Nintendo Boy Women wear what they want to why can't men?? Also clothes do not have a gender they are just cloth and are not alive. You can not tell others what to wear, you do not have the authority to tell any one anything at all. I suggest you try on a skirt and war one for the day doing whatever you normally do. There are a lot of skirt wearing men and they present as men. They are straight honest men who do not like people putting them in little boxes that are not who they are. Little men like you with tiny little minds.
Think it is too strong????

:lol:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

Fred in Skirts wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 8:52 pm Here is my reply to this closed minded little twerp!
@Nintendo Boy Women wear what they want to why can't men?? Also clothes do not have a gender they are just cloth and are not alive. You can not tell others what to wear, you do not have the authority to tell any one anything at all. I suggest you try on a skirt and war one for the day doing whatever you normally do. There are a lot of skirt wearing men and they present as men. They are straight honest men who do not like people putting them in little boxes that are not who they are. Little men like you with tiny little minds.
Think it is too strong????
Yes. It's standard social media talk, but you will be more apt to influence people without adding the insults. Drop the last sentence.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

It seems Nintendo boy deleted his comment.

Perhaps he "gets it" now...

Yeah, it sucks when you say something stupid online and nobody comes to your defense... welcome to my world! :lol: :eye:
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

A post or two back mentioned a SKIRTALL -

EBay LINK and photo image:

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_from=R ... l&_sacat=0

Basically a SKIRTALL is a SHORTALL without the bifurcation (aka twin stove pipes)

skirtall (100x100).jpg
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
andrewsh

Post by andrewsh »

Wearing a skirt on a trip to Brest, Minsk, Kiev and Lvov, I think I’ve never had so many literally jaw-dropping reactions as in Brest (and a bit Minsk), and people half-secretly taking pictures of me as in Lvov today. Damn it, people, just ask politely, I want to have pictures of me myself :)
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Hmm, Russia. They like their men to be macho there. I'm not sure I'd wear a skirt there; you are braver than me.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

skirtyscot wrote: Wed Feb 26, 2020 9:50 pm Hmm, Russia. They like their men to be macho there. I'm not sure I'd wear a skirt there; you are braver than me.
Oh, I don't know... based on what I've seen from the reports on Russia... their culture seems similar to that of the U.S. south... prim and proper on holy days, redneck as hell around the house, and queer as a three dollar bill behind closed doors!

:rofl:
-Andrea
geron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by geron »

The locations mentioned are all in Ukraine or Belarus, not Russia. But I don't know what difference that would make to their attitudes towards skirting men.