Out and About -- In the World at Large

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Out and About -- In the World at Large

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

Suggestion: For those who suffer "Chub Rub" when thighs chafe, try "Skimmies" by Jockey. (look online, Jockey.com/skimmies). They come in some colors and various lengths. Different manufacturers make similar products.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

B&B, talc as a stop-gap then lose weight. You know it makes sense, even if you do have to replace your skirts with smaller ones.

I was not far from you on Saturday, up Beinn Buidhe above the top of Loch Fyne. Decided to dodge the Loch Lomond road on the way home, in case there was a 10-mile tailback like the last time I drove down there on a sunny afternoon. So I went down via Garelochhead instead. Skirted all day, and it was superb.

Weren't you a bit hot in knee-length denim in Gibraltar?
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by dillon »

Happy-N-Skirts wrote:Suggestion: For those who suffer "Chub Rub" when thighs chafe, try "Skimmies" by Jockey. (look online, Jockey.com/skimmies). They come in some colors and various lengths. Different manufacturers make similar products.
I haven't heard the term "Skimmies" but I have some Jockey underwear that is snug fitting lycra-spandex, with horizontal fly openings, as if they thought something would be sticking upward through it, LOL. I like them, but lycra is not suited to work where copious sweating occurs. Well, maybe at the gym, when you will change clothes afterward, but not on a farm. My only complaint is that, with form-fitting lycra, any skirt that fits a bit loosely is prone to slide down about my ankles...
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

skirtyscot wrote:B&B, talc as a stop-gap then lose weight. You know it makes sense, even if you do have to replace your skirts with smaller ones.

I was not far from you on Saturday, up Beinn Buidhe above the top of Loch Fyne. Decided to dodge the Loch Lomond road on the way home, in case there was a 10-mile tailback like the last time I drove down there on a sunny afternoon. So I went down via Garelochhead instead. Skirted all day, and it was superb.

Weren't you a bit hot in knee-length denim in Gibraltar?
Nice to see you were very close on Saturday, Garelochhead is about 5 miles away and on my commuting route. The skirt was my coolest option, alternatives being a pair of jeans or a pair of working trousers, although to be honest I had also packed a light black skirt for chilling out in my hotel room, but it falls into the "not man enough to keep my brain happy" category and as it was very windy all week in Gibraltar and the fabric is kind of thin, slightly translucent, the chance of undesirable exposure was enough to keep me in denim, which as it is a knee length skirt was cool enough. Also having 4 decent pockets and another couple of small pockets helped for holding phone, wallet, passport, ipod etc. during the journey home.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
skirtedbrit
Distinguished Member

Post by skirtedbrit »

Ahh, Loch Fyne, Garelochead, Loch Lomond, Beinn Buidhe, wonderful places to view from the cockpit of a Spitfire!!!
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Big and Bashful »

skirtedbrit wrote:Ahh, Loch Fyne, Garelochead, Loch Lomond, Beinn Buidhe, wonderful places to view from the cockpit of a Spitfire!!!
It's alright for some! I have to make do with peering through the side of a Dash 8 or Airbus A320 these days.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

I reckon that I may have been just about the most comfortable male in my office and neighbourhood recently. The weather has been quite warm, humid and muggy,
Wearing a dress, shoes, deodorant and little else is quite liberating methinks.
Steve
Charlie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Charlie »

Just back from a holiday in Gran Canaria. On the info leaflet at the hotel, it said that it is mandatory for men to wear long trousers and a collar shirt for the evening meal in the restaurant. I'd packed a pair of trousers just in case, but decided to push the boundary and wear a heavy, purple sarong with a turquoise (cyan to colour TV engineers) polo shirt. I fully expected to be sent back to change. However, spirits were raised when I saw a guy in shorts entering the restaurant. I got in with no problems. Looking around, most men had ignored the long trousers rule; shorts and tee-shirts were common. I like to think I was one of the more tidily dressed men there, if a little unconventional, and certainly one of the more colourful :D
I spent the whole week in sarongs without a single negative or positive comment, and wore a knee-length denim skirt for the flight home - lovely!
Charlie
If I want to dress like a woman, I'll wear jeans.
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Good on you, Charley.! I must assume however that you enjoy full uxorial approval of your skirting.

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Charlie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Charlie »

Kirbstone wrote:Good on you, Charley.! I must assume however that you enjoy full uxorial approval of your skirting.
Tom
Now I've found out what uxorial means, yes she does, or appears to - difficult to tell with women :alien:
Charlie
If I want to dress like a woman, I'll wear jeans.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Charlie, I've been to most of the Canaries and I've never worn trousers to one of their meals yet. I've worn sarongs mainly because that is the one skirted garment that MOH will begrudgingly accept. I have worn a skirt a time or two but ate alone! No comments or problems. I've done the same in Egypt as well. The trousers rule may be there but it certainly ignored big time. Anyway, trousers on high thirties/early forties in Egypt is certainly not on.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
greenboots
Member Extraordinaire

Post by greenboots »

Kilted today for a trip to the Western General hospital for waterworks inspection. Lunch with friends at Scottish Churches Housing Action to discuss publicising my sponsored KiltWalk outing in August, and a walk (most of the way) home - about 7 miles before I gave up on the rain and caught a bus.
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

_20190714_081633-1177x642.JPG
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Hi Alastair,
Congratulations on that shot. It's great on so many levels.
Steve.
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

Way to go in nice company and surrounding, somewhere in Italy?