Out and About -- In the World at Large

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Out and About -- In the World at Large

Post by Sinned »

Considering that the weather today has been very windy, sometimes heavy rain and very cold ( plus the heating wasn't working in the store until mid-afternoon ) the skirt count today was at an all-time high of 36!!!! Not expecting this for today.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

There was a veritable stampede yesterday - 54!!!! I've noticed that sometimes I have difficulty determining whether a garment is, for example, a long jumper or a jumper dress. In some cases an inch or two is the merest difference between the two. Of course a long jumper could be a jumper dress on a shorter woman. Oh, how confusing. Also some women have a coat on that's just a bit longer ( thigh length ) than any dress or skirt so I don't know if they are wearing said garment or not. Sometimes the only clue is the thinness of the tights they are wearing since women can wear a dress/skirt with leggings of all thicknesses. I feel that I can't count these cases as I have not seen the dress/skirt even though logic ( does that even remotely apply to women's clothes ) dictates that they must be wearing said dress/skirt.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
skirted_in_SF
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirted_in_SF »

Ah, yes sometimes it can be hard to tell. I was standing at a bus stop about 7:10 to 7:30PM after our office holiday gathering along with 20 to 25 others (there was a bit of a gap/bunch up in service). About half of the crowd was mostly young women and I think I counted six in skirts. There was one with a short coat and what could have been heavy tights or light weight skinny pants. I don't remember now if I added her to the skirt total or not. The temp was mid to upper 50s F with rain showers.
Stuart Gallion
No reason to hide my full name 8)
Back in my skirts in San Francisco
Charlie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Charlie »

Sinned wrote:There was a veritable stampede yesterday - 54!!!! I've noticed that sometimes I have difficulty determining whether a garment is, for example, a long jumper or a jumper dress. In some cases an inch or two is the merest difference between the two. Of course a long jumper could be a jumper dress on a shorter woman. Oh, how confusing. Also some women have a coat on that's just a bit longer ( thigh length ) than any dress or skirt so I don't know if they are wearing said garment or not. Sometimes the only clue is the thinness of the tights they are wearing since women can wear a dress/skirt with leggings of all thicknesses. I feel that I can't count these cases as I have not seen the dress/skirt even though logic ( does that even remotely apply to women's clothes ) dictates that they must be wearing said dress/skirt.
The one thing Sinned's observations point out is the huuuge variety and choice women have in their clothing, and that make me even more discontent with the standard same old same old that men have condemned themselves to (present company excepted of course :D )
Charlie
If I want to dress like a woman, I'll wear jeans.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Of course MOH ( and many other OH's ) can't see the incongruity of this, Chrl. All they see is SKIRT ( or DRESS ) = FEMALE. MOH is much more tolerant of other more overt female items on me. I can wear long hair, earrings, female tops, tights, female jeans/trousers for example ( however I must add not all at the same time ) but put on a skirt ( not really into dresses ) and "YOU ARE DRESSING LIKE A WOMAN" even though the majority of women don't wear skirts as I am proving ( in my own little patch of weeds anyway ). Her other half of the argument ( that you never see other men walking down the street in skirts ( but then you never see other men wearing blue hair for example, but some do ) ) is just as fallacious but valid in her eyes. For Saturday and Sunday I am going to wear a skirt all day and evening and if my family wants to disown me and I have to eat on my own then that's one of the burdens of being a skirt wearer. But unless I stand by my principles and fight for what I believe in then they won't respect me. I can't give in to them all the time. They may feel that I am spoiling their holiday by doing so but what about them spoiling my holiday if I don't? Sometimes one has to be just that teeny bit selfish.
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gordon »

Sorry newbie here; MOH = ?
-----------------------------
Namaste,
Gordon
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Sinned wrote:...Sometimes one has to be just that teeny bit selfish.
Amen to that.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
pleated
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pleated »

LGG wrote:Sorry newbie here; MOH = ?
"My Other Half"
Gordon
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gordon »

pleated wrote: "My Other Half"
Thanks
Last edited by crfriend on Fri Dec 19, 2014 2:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed quoting -- CRF
-----------------------------
Namaste,
Gordon
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

I gave my new work colleagues a sight of me in a kilt today at the office Christmas party. Everyone was OK with it, what with this being the home of the kilt.

We had a dress down Friday a few weeks ago, for which I wore pink trousers. This was to introduce them to the idea that I have unusual tastes! Not sure what to go for next. The kilt did not generate any conversations which looked like they would turn to the subject of unorthodox clothing for men, so no pointers there.
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

skirtyscot wrote:...Not sure what to go for next...
Wear your kilt again somewhere. (?!)
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

Today, the "Office Bash". and right enjoyable it was too.
The Nukilt was aired once more, out of twenty one participants, one dress, one skirt, nineteen trousers.
Male to female ratio sixteen to five.
I got the best comment, "Wow, how smart", from a random passer by.
Steve.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Well, there you are. The greatest impediment is internal.

caultron
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I have just returned from three days and night in Butlins holiday camp and here are my observations. Weather cold, windy, some rain, cloudy with long bouts of sunshine ( no change there then for the English weather ). Last night we had a wonderful red sky shining off the undersides of the clouds.

The proportion of females wearing dress/skirt during the day was about 5 - 10%. Not counted but this is just an impression. Probably more children in dresses than the adults. Where skirts were worn they seemed to be mostly paired with leggings. Evenings were a lot different in the warm entertainment centres. I would estimate that a quarter to a third of women wore dresses or skirts with dresses being in the higher proportion. Young girls tended to be in dresses. It appears that in dressing up the tendency is to go for dresses and to a lesser extent skirts ( here mostly teamed up with a Christmas-themed jumper ) for the evening out. It was refreshing to see so many dresses/skirts about. A not unexpected result. :D
Darryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Darryl »

It was mid-40's (F.) with a good 15 mph wind today and I was in black tennis shoes, tan support hose, black fleece leggings, black pencil skirt just below the knees, red polo shirt and dark blue Hilfigger hoodie.

Had lunch with some friends, did some shopping, bought some books at Barnes & Noble, dropped by the office to change a backup tape since the office is closed for the holiday...today...and then stopped at Arby's for a reuben sandwich.

Hadn't noticed any eyedrops or other reactions all day, but just before I came in the other door (this is near our University) four jocks (I'd guess football) came in with a tall, cute blonde. They were all in trousers and polo type shirts with three guys in hoodies, the other two in light jackets. She was the only one to react (that I noticed) with an eyedrop, long slow rise to eye level and then back down. No other apparent reaction. We all got our food and went to our tables. The only discussion I heard was sports-related.

Ho-hum...maybe I should get some bright red outfits with sequins.... :shock: ...probably not. :wink:
Last edited by Darryl on Mon Jan 19, 2015 7:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.