Out and About -- In the World at Large

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Out and About -- In the World at Large

Post by Caultron »

weeladdie18 wrote:...With regard to Kilt Lifting .... On another website an American lady was reported to the police by a piper who was playing in a Bar...The lady was convicted of being a Sex Pest and had to regularly report to the Authorities...
I suppose she had a t-shirt made up and became quite a popular date. Yes?

And I wonder what her reports to the Authorities were like. Was she supposed to relate her entire sex life since the last meeting and then have someone decide whether any of it was harassment?

In four years I've had only one kilt-lifting experience and it was only an inch done in a friendly, kidding sort of way. But even after a more determined encounter I wouldn't call the cops.

More likely, I'd say something like, "OK, now you," then either, "Lift it up," (in the rare occasion she was wearing a skirt), or, "Drop 'em," (if she was wearing anything else). Not that I'd expect her to do it, but just to make my point.

Or ask, "See anything you like?"

Or say (as I'm sure I've posted before), "Oh, I wish you hadn't have done that. Now I only have two choices: report you for harassment or ask you for a date."
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

It actually reached 55 degrees today
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Eborian
Distinguished Member

Post by Eborian »

Out shopping today wearing boots, opaque tights and a denim skirt. Visited Cheddar, Wells and Glastonbury.
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire
Location: 65 year The Hague, The Netherlands, then Allentown, PA, USA

Post by beachlion »

I just returned from my weekly grocery shopping. It was the first time this year I could do it in a skirt, no socks and no jacket. It was still in the low 70's. But it was very windy, and rain soon to follow. My skirt went with the wind but thanks to the heavy denim, everything stayed decent.
There was a Spanish speaking family that was shopping the same course as I did. The mother (I think) looked like "fresh from the boat" because she was inspecting all the goods. And I think I was probably the first guy in a skirt she saw. She was talking to the other two constantly but when I was in sight, she felt silent.
The storm is howling in the chimney. Last fall we got a new chimney and with the stainless steel liner, the pitch of the howling is nicer. :wink:
All progress takes place outside the comfort zone - M J Bobak
Kirbstone
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kirbstone »

Eborian,

Visited Wells & Glastonbury myself last Friday. Ferry Rosslare-Fishguard towing our Thames Traditional double rowing skiff. Wake-up call from younger Son at Aust Severn Bridge Travelodge, Convoy to his farm workshop right under Glastonbury Tor, where he will store it until sold. Back to his pad in Wells for Lunch & bye-bye. Battle with Great British Friday driving experience to Ampthill, Bedfordshire to visit brother, then Great circle route, Buckingham, Bicester, Oxford ring road, Swindon & M4 back to ferry & home.

Skirted only after I left Brother and the weather cheered up ....a bit!

BL, when the wind blows past the top of your new steel chimney pipe at a certain velocity you might hear a deep sonorous B-flat, or possibly an A. It works well with my South American Quena flute!

Tom
Carpe Diem......Seize the Day !
Gusto10
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Gusto10 »

weeladdie18 wrote:
The reference to the banning of men in skirts in Italy is written in English and not in Italian Legal Language.

There is no reference to Gentlemen who wear The Traditional Scottish Kilt ... .....................

I would be pleased to discuss this matter if anyone can clarify the Identity of the men in skirts who caused trouble in Italy.
weeladdie
In essence this is old Roman law as the Via Appia used to be a road where men dressed as women were offering themselves. It can be found also in other old law systems for the same reason.
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire

Post by beachlion »

Kirbstone wrote:..... Ferry Rosslare-Fishguard towing our Thames Traditional double rowing skiff. .............
That is quite amazing. How much did they charge for the towing? :wink:
beachlion
Member Extraordinaire

Post by beachlion »

Kirbstone wrote:..... BL, when the wind blows past the top of your new steel chimney pipe at a certain velocity you might hear a deep sonorous B-flat, or possibly an A. It works well with my South American Quena flute!

Tom
I wish I had such musical ears. I don't think I'm tone deaf but I can't play any musical instrument, drums included.
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

With the tax season over my biggest decision was what to wear to morning mass.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Feeling freedom
Distinguished Member

Post by Feeling freedom »

Looking good Oldsalt!
Personal style is important to me. Even when my outfits may contain skirts, tights and great ankle or riding length boots! I enjoy fashion and am excited to get in on the conversations with the like minded!
Happy-N-Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Happy-N-Skirts »

I was out in the desert placing trail cameras and dog food bait for wildlife photography. I do a lot of hiking to hide my equipment from humans. Skirts are so much more pleasant to wear for hiking. I was wearing a camo pattern above the knee skirt along with a tee shirt and hiking boots. Too bad we can't discuss the best style of underwear for hiking. From time to time I like to lift my skirt to dry things out, especially when there is a nice breeze.
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

Yesterday morning I had over an hour's drive to give a talk to a group of retired businessmen; I had dressed the part in a long grey skirt and a black & white top to create a smart impression without being too distracting. We have suffered several months of unbroken miserably cold weather, so I was also wearing several layers on top and a warm underskirt. Quite suddenly the skies cleared, the sun shone brightly and the temperature began to climb; by the time I arrived at my destination I had had to stop a couple of times to throw off the extra layers.

On the way back home, the temperature continued to climb and my long skirts began to feel distinctly sweaty and uncomfortable, so I hoist them up into my lap. There was no problem with decency because the van cab is well above the eye line of other motorists. The rest of the journey was cool and pleasant; the discomforts I used to endure when I wore trousers are now, thankfully, just a distant memory - something I would never wish to repeat.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
skirts4me
Distinguished Member

Post by skirts4me »

Gusto10 wrote:In essence this is old Roman law as the Via Appia used to be a road where men dressed as women were offering themselves. It can be found also in other old law systems for the same reason.
Interesting thought considering the Roman soldiers wore togas (i.e. very short miniskirts) most frequently with no other covering of their manliness. Deuteronomy 22:5 is often quoted in religious circles because it talks of men not wearing anything pertaining to women, but that was men would dress as women to avoid going to war, and women would dress as men so they cold go to war. Nothing to do with fashion of the day or a ban on men wearing skirts for the rest of eternity.
Shalom
Steven
skirtyscot
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtyscot »

Any techy people out there who can tell me how to automatically block any post that mentions Deuter-bloody-onomy?
Keep on skirting,

Alastair
Charlie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Charlie »

Went down to the doctor's surgery today for a shingles vaccination. It was a nice hot day so I wore a denim miniskirt (4" above the knee - longer than some shorts I've seen this week) and a polo shirt, not tucked into the waistband. Had a few minutes to wait, and chatted to a guy I used to work with but haven't seen for several years. He was with his wife and neither seemed to register that I was wearing a skirt. The nurse who stuck the needle in didn't say anything either. A non-event :D
I'd been wearing the same skirt for most of the day while replacing a fence post and repairing the fence panel.
Charlie
If I want to dress like a woman, I'll wear jeans.