Out and About -- In the World at Large

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Out and About -- In the World at Large

Post by r.m.anderson »

A "YES" Tunic over leggings (even tights* not ph) a definite GO !
Nothing to fear all bases legally covered.
You could even jazz it up with leggings in magenta - chartreuse lemon - yellow - safety green - Robin Hood green (even though it is past St. Pat's day).
You can blend in or stand out make a statement.

But do be conscious of the changing weather !
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Spirou003
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Spirou003 »

I agree with others that your first look (with the skirt) is far better than the second
hiddenheels

Post by hiddenheels »

With the weather warming, been wearing skirts a bit more. A month or so back, had a chance to do some shopping further from home, so wore a pleated red mini-skirt (they look exactly like kilts but in mini, when I bought them I thought I would NEVER wear these outside... proved myself wrong), black tights, and 4" heeled combat boots with masculine top. I had fun with it, had no problems anywhere. Spent about an hour shopping in different stores.

More recently, been favoring a distressed-denim mini-skirt with one single zipper going all the way from the bottom to the top in the front. I really like the style. Everything else was men's, shoes, jacket, t-shirt. I loved it. Felt absolutely comfortable doing my thing in the stores. So far I have had only one reaction, about a year ago, got complemented by a woman. Aside from that, got some looks, but whether they were approving, disapproving or neither, I don't know/care.

Happy Easter.
Eborian
Distinguished Member

Post by Eborian »

Drove through the Cotswolds yesterday and went for a walk. Stopped off in Cirencester on the way as well. I was wearing a denim mini skirt, black tights, black boots and a red checked shirt.
victor1964
Member Extraordinaire

Post by victor1964 »

First time out in a dress last night, only to the local convenience shop for a bottle of wine.

All the nerves of my first wearing of skirts in public came rushing back. But as expected a bit of a non event :lol: :lol: :lol:
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

victor1964 wrote: Tue Apr 06, 2021 12:20 am First time out in a dress last night, only to the local convenience shop for a bottle of wine.

All the nerves of my first wearing of skirts in public came rushing back. But as expected a bit of a non event :lol: :lol: :lol:
Glad to read you survived. Heh!
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
denimini
Member Extraordinaire

Post by denimini »

Normally I wear pants to the hospital because the waiting room has always been awkward for mini skirts in that the seats are facing each other with no intervening table. However with the advent of COVID the waiting game has been better organised so there are few people and very little waiting (amazing that could not be previously achieved).
Yesterday I went for a vaccination (not THE vaccination) in a common and garden mini, 12.5 inches of grey camo cotton. I was alone in the waiting room but there were people walking passed so I opted to sit on the edge of the chair, to minimise the contact of flesh with sticky vinyl (probably sticky from cleaning agent ...... I hoped) with legs stretched out straight. I only had to wait 5 minutes. Some of the staff are familiar with my mini skirts but some of the nursing staff weren't ......... but nurses are a broadminded bunch ........... I think that they would have to be.
Anthony, a denim miniskirt wearer in Outback Australia
Eborian
Distinguished Member

Post by Eborian »

Just out in Cheddar wearing a denim pinafore dress with navy tights and t shirt and black boots.
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

I have commented before that I sometimes wear a skirt to the golf club. Recently in the current cold spell of weather, one fellow on the next fairway shouted out that he didnt recognize me as I was trousered at the time!
My mate with me didnt comment nor has he seen me in a skirt to play golf tho he has chatted to me at a local supermarket whilst I had on a miniskirt.
Now that the weather has improved, I wore a skirt to the golf club with bare legs (no comment from him) and later still, I regaled my other mates some of whom hadn't seen me skirted, with a khaki cargo skirt and black tights. And again, no-one made any comment. Just got on with playing golf as it should be! :D 8)
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

skirtingtoday wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 1:01 pm I have commented before that I sometimes wear a skirt to the golf club. Recently in the current cold spell of weather, one fellow on the next fairway shouted out that he didnt recognize me as I was trousered at the time!
My mate with me didnt comment nor has he seen me in a skirt to play golf tho he has chatted to me at a local supermarket whilst I had on a miniskirt.
Now that the weather has improved, I wore a skirt to the golf club with bare legs (no comment from him) and later still, I regaled my other mates some of whom hadn't seen me skirted, with a khaki cargo skirt and black tights. And again, no-one made any comment. Just got on with playing golf as it should be! :D 8)
Did you meet the other half of the Golf Club "dress" code wearing a collared shirt ?
No tank - sleeveless or "T" shirts - approved suggested wear the Polo shirt.
Never mind what is worn below the waist - although playing the Masters - no shorts ?
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

I do meet the top half dress code of a Polo shirt. The official "dress code" for the club is trousers or the infamous "tailored shorts".
Not sure what the ladies dress code but quite a few of them do wear skirts. So far, only one bloke though - yours truly.
Last year on a warm afternoon, the Club Captain said to me (wearing shorts at the time), "I thought you would be wearing your skirt today - its warm enough!" so it seems to be accepted. 8)
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

The weather here this morning was very pleasant so I decided on a dress, linen sans tights too.
Did the weekly shop and all good so far.
Lunch at home and out and about for a relaxing coffee.
The weather Gods didn't smile on me and it turned cold and damp Aberdeen style.
There is no excuse, I should know better but I just wanted to wear that particular item.
Worst part being that I do possess plenty appropriate alternatives which would have served me better.
Just ended up freezing my a... but a nice outing too.
Steve
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Rookie error!

Carry tights in a pocket. Just in case! ;-)
Absentmindedeagle

Post by Absentmindedeagle »

Had my very first public outing while in a skirt, though I was mostly alone save for a few people I passed on the trail. Had a great time and no issues whatsoever with taking the skirt out on the trail. The trail was all uphill and dry. It was such a freeing feeling. There was a very stiff breeze at the top of the mountain, it felt great (I had leggings on underneath because it was cold) and made the skirt ripple and dance quite well. (not sure if i'm allowed to post images in this thread)

Hope to do this again in the near future!
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

That is an imposing and strong image you make..
The skirt,the jacket, the hat and the walking stick all make this out fit really fantastic.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.