Out and About -- In the World at Large

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.

Re: Out and About -- In the World at Large

Postby dillon » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:35 am

Fred in Skirts wrote:I have a great admiration for the Dutch engineers. They do a marvelous job of keeping the sea from over running the country. :D

And you are right about the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers. I don't believe they could patch a tire without the tire exploding. Of course it would take 5 years for them to even get to the tire because of all of the meetings and planning they have to do to do anything at all. :x

My experience with the Corps of Engineers left me with the impression that they are nothing more than a Republican political rubber-stamp. When it comes to wetlands, the USDA-NRCS puts far more limitations on farmers than the Corps of Engineers puts on real estate developers, with vastly greater environmental consequences from real estate development.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Postby Fred in Skirts » Mon Aug 12, 2019 6:30 pm

dillon wrote:My experience with the Corps of Engineers left me with the impression that they are nothing more than a Republican political rubber-stamp. When it comes to wetlands, the USDA-NRCS puts far more limitations on farmers than the Corps of Engineers puts on real estate developers, with vastly greater environmental consequences from real estate development.

They were the same when the Democrats were in office. They do what ever the administration in office wants. They have nothing to do but follow orders no matter who makes the order.
Fred :kiltdance:

:whistle: Hi I am Fred and I wear skirts and dresses all of the time. :hooray:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not"
Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Postby Charlie » Mon Aug 12, 2019 8:36 pm

Mrs C and I went to the solicitors today to talk about power of attorney in case one of us went crazy (in my case, being even crazier than wearing a skirt :lol: ). We both wore knee-length A-line denim skirts, not by design, it just happened that way.
The solicitor looked at us and made a comment about us dressing for the summer. That was it, and we got on with the legal stuff. What was really nice, he wasn't wearing a suit and tie, just casual clothes with an open-neck shirt. I felt more relaxed with him like that.
Charlie
If I want to dress like a woman, I'll wear jeans.
Charlie
Member Extraordinaire

Postby john62 » Thu Sep 12, 2019 6:11 am

This week at the local deli, where I go on a regular basis, wearing a knee length skirt and polo top. The lady serving commented that it was a nice day for wearing shorts!, there was no way that the skirt could be mistaken for shorts, selective blindness?

John
john62
Member Extraordinaire

Previous

Return to Skirts and Kilts for Men