Out and About -- In the World at Large

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.

Re: Out and About -- In the World at Large

Postby STEVIE » Wed May 15, 2019 4:01 am

…….and I intend to exorcise the Trouser Demons all over again today.
They may even get a real dressing down for a change.
Thanks for the good wishes guys.
Steve.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Postby dillon » Wed May 15, 2019 4:52 am

We spent half the day in Santa Fe, then drove to Durango CO. Mostly strolling streets and shops in a khaki stretch outdoor skirt by Merrill. Black “bendymon” tee shirt by Betabrand, Chaco sandals. Probably keep the same outfit tomorrow when we go to Mesa Verde.
As a matter of fact, the sun DOES shine out of my ...
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Postby dillon » Thu May 16, 2019 12:11 am

A fine day at Mesa Verde, skirted, with a bit of hiking. Only encountered negativity at a Durango supermarket early this morning...laughter among employees. I felt it directed at me, but did not respond, although I wish I had.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Postby mskirt » Thu May 16, 2019 6:50 pm

dillon wrote:A fine day at Mesa Verde, skirted, with a bit of hiking. Only encountered negativity at a Durango supermarket early this morning...laughter among employees. I felt it directed at me, but did not respond, although I wish I had.

Dillon, sounds like such a fun trip. Santa Fe is the first place I ventured out in a skirt. Soo nervous! We have been back several times now all
with me in different skirts. Congrats on your sons graduation, I got one done tomorrow in Denver.
mskirt

Postby andrewsh » Fri May 17, 2019 2:44 pm

We went to Bucharest in Romania last week, where I went wearing this black skirt. When we arrived, the weather wasn’t very good, it was grey, but not cold, so I went out skirted. I figured Romania is apparently still a very conservative country having noticed a couple of things about how people around me behaved, but what I didn’t expect was to see a young girl who, when she saw me, looked frightened and started repeatedly crossing herself (I think five or six times), as if I was just a dæmonic illusion from hell. Apparently, she expected that as the result of her actions I would disappear in a puff of smoke; how pity I didn’t :D

I remained in trousers for much of the rest of the journey, part because of the weather (it was raining or cold or both most of the time), going back to wearing the skirt on the last day only, when it was sunny and warm (fsck them, I am deciding what to wear; don’t like it? look away!).

P.S. Bucharest is highly recommended to visit. Despite some brutalist heritage left by the Ceaușescu regime and the major earthquake they had in the middle of the last century, it still preserved a lot of its beauty, some of it well hidden. Don’t be afraid of walking out of the historic centre, it’s mostly safe and is worth it. And also don’t be afraid of going to restaurants where they don’t speak English: Romanian is close enough to other Romance languages so that some things are easy to figure out, especially with Google Translate in your pocket, and a lot of hidden gems are hidden in the Romanian-only places (e.g. a very cheap weekday lunch menu in one of the most fancy places in the city centre, Caru’ cu bere, is not translated to English, so unless you asked about it or translated the Romanian text, you’d never know).
andrewsh

Postby andrewsh » Fri May 17, 2019 3:07 pm

Just a few seconds ago, at a café, I went to pay for my coffee, and a new visitor came in and asked me to make them a cappuccino. I was confused, as was she upon seeing my face, but it was fun :D Apparently, she thought I was wearing a waiter’s apron, not a skirt :)
andrewsh

Postby STEVIE » Fri May 17, 2019 3:33 pm

I'm just back from trip into town using a bus for the first time and a substantial walk too.
Collected a prescription and had a most acceptable lunch too.
The weather was most conducive to skirt and no tights. Sunny with a gentle breeze to riffle the pleats.
Only one detractor, a curmudgeon who assumed he could remark unchallenged, quite amusing really.
Equanimity remains intact.
Steve.
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Postby dillon » Sat May 18, 2019 4:46 pm

mskirt wrote:
dillon wrote:A fine day at Mesa Verde, skirted, with a bit of hiking. Only encountered negativity at a Durango supermarket early this morning...laughter among employees. I felt it directed at me, but did not respond, although I wish I had.

Dillon, sounds like such a fun trip. Santa Fe is the first place I ventured out in a skirt. Soo nervous! We have been back several times now all
with me in different skirts. Congrats on your sons graduation, I got one done tomorrow in Denver.

I came down with a serious head cold and sore throat in Durango and am feeling pretty crappy today. We are in Colorado Springs at present, then off to Denver tomorrow and flying home Monday. Congrats on your kid graduating as well. Even feeing sick, I love Durango. But there is something patently evil about snow falling in the middle of May. :shock: We went back to Mesa Verde in the morning and drove through some substantial snow showers, then through snow and sleet on Wolf Pass, at 10,000 ft, on the way here. The temperature was 30F there at four in the afternoon. By contrast, today’s forecast high for my corner of N.C. is 93F.
dillon
Member Extraordinaire

Previous

Return to Skirts and Kilts for Men