Out and About -- In the World at Large

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Out and About -- In the World at Large

Post by Caultron »

Daryl wrote:Actually I think Skirtyscot had it. I was too much for them. Too much in the sense they knew they couldn't compete so instead wanted to make my spectacles the topic. Yeah, that must be it.
For sure, sometimes people don't know how to react, so they don't. To avoid awkward pauses, be friendly and keep them talking.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

Caultron wrote:
Daryl wrote:Actually I think Skirtyscot had it. I was too much for them. Too much in the sense they knew they couldn't compete so instead wanted to make my spectacles the topic. Yeah, that must be it.
For sure, sometimes people don't know how to react, so they don't. To avoid awkward pauses, be friendly and keep them talking.
That definitely works.

In my case it was just that those people were longtime colleagues who have in fact stopped noticing my skirts because that's almost all they've seen me in for years. They only notice what I'm wearing for bottoms if it happens to be pants.
Daryl...
STEVIE
Member Extraordinaire

Post by STEVIE »

An amusing encounter.
A female, roughly my own age told me "You should not be out like that"!
UMMMM?
As it turned out, nought to do with the skirt I had on. She proceeded to lecture me on the perils of an open necked shirt in cold weather.
I got all kinds of friendly advice on how to wrap up real cosy.
The amusing bit, at the time, I was warm to the nth degree. Meds and my condition seem to have that effect.
Sweet and well meant encounter.
Love them all.
Steve.
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

Lovely tale! Hope you buttoned up that shirt afterwards! :lol:
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

STEVIE wrote:A female, roughly my own age told me "You should not be out like that"!
UMMMM?
As it turned out, nought to do with the skirt I had on. She proceeded to lecture me on the perils of an open necked shirt in cold weather.
Send that woman my way! I'd love to know how to wrap up real cozy as I can be shivering cold in an 80 degree room.
Love them all.
Cherish them!
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

STEVIE wrote:An amusing encounter.
A female, roughly my own age told me "You should not be out like that"!
UMMMM?
The amusing bit, at the time, I was warm to the nth degree. Meds and my condition seem to have that effect.
Love them all.
Steve.
Well, it’s certainly good to know that perfect strangers care.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

Carl, my youngest son takes after you. He's the only person I know who wears a jumper in hot, sunny weather.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

Sinned wrote:Carl, my youngest son takes after you. He's the only person I know who wears a jumper in hot, sunny weather.
Um, exactly how youngest is he?
Daryl...
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

He was born 1983. My eldest was born 1978. By the quirk of birthdates for one week there are 4 years between the four of them. My eldest was born 14th July and my youngest the 7th July. Work it out.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

Sinned wrote:He was born 1983. My eldest was born 1978. By the quirk of birthdates for one week there are 4 years between the four of them. My eldest was born 14th July and my youngest the 7th July. Work it out.
So I'm guessing he isn't wearing the jumpers we usually only put babies in...
Daryl...
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Daryl wrote:
Sinned wrote:He was born 1983. My eldest was born 1978. By the quirk of birthdates for one week there are 4 years between the four of them. My eldest was born 14th July and my youngest the 7th July. Work it out.
So I'm guessing he isn't wearing the jumpers we usually only put babies in...
Are we talking about jumper dresses or something else? If so.... how does that go over with the misses (YOH) Dennis? Seems you should have an advocate there.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

No he definitely isn't into wearing dresses or skirts. He's very conservative - family-oriented, patriotic and traditional. The jumpers I am talking about are cardigans, sweaters or whatever you call them over there. He's into layering on the top half.
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

Sinned wrote:No he definitely isn't into wearing dresses or skirts. He's very conservative - family-oriented, patriotic and traditional. The jumpers I am talking about are cardigans, sweaters or whatever you call them over there. He's into layering on the top half.
Here we can refer to the one piece thing we put babies in as a jumper, among other names.
Daryl...
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

We call them babygrowers.
Daryl
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Daryl »

Sinned wrote:We call them babygrowers.
Hmm. Are they fun to button and unbutton?
Daryl...