Out and About -- In the World at Large

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Out and About -- In the World at Large

Post by Jim »

A beautiful fall day yesterday. I took a long walk in the woods and in our creek. Then to church. Then I went fishing. I caught about 20 fish, of 6 species: bluegill, warmouth, shiner, largemouth bass, freshwater drum, and the largest crappie (pronounced crop, not crap) I think I've every caught. Except for church, I wore a short old denim skirt and an old silk shirt with the buttons on the left. I went fishing by bike, and a number of people went by on the canal bike path while I was fishing. No comments on skirt. With all the finery people display here, I'm a little hesitant to share my extremely casual look, but that's who I am.
DSCF9874cs.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
DonP

Post by DonP »

I think the way you're dressed emphasizes the idea that skirts can be worn without trying to make a point or attract attention. Just everyday wear. It's a very "real" look.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Looks fine to me.

Anywhere you could wear beat-up jeans is also suitable for a beat-up denim skirt.

Which, these days, is almost anywhere.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
Grok
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Grok »

I agree with DonP and Caultron. :) 'There is a place for casual, though of course skirts look great for formal wear.
john62
Member Extraordinaire

Post by john62 »

As noted in a previous post today did the Supermarket shopping, collected a take away coffee, service station for petrol and the Bank wearing the long brown skirt as seen below, hopefully it is passable.
0223.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

Looks good!! Although a little long for me you rock it!

Fred :kiltdance:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
john62
Member Extraordinaire

Post by john62 »

Thanks Fred
Charlie
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Charlie »

Walking through the backstreets of Wells, wearing a denim Union kilt and white knee socks. A woman comng the other way said "I like your (pause) skirt". Perhaps she couldn't decide if it was a skirt or kilt. I said "Thankyou" and we walked on. A short but nice encounter. Unusually, she too was wearing a skirt!
Charlie
If I want to dress like a woman, I'll wear jeans.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

Charlie wrote:Walking through the backstreets of Wells, wearing a denim Union kilt and white knee socks. A woman comng the other way said "I like your (pause) skirt". Perhaps she couldn't decide if it was a skirt or kilt. I said "Thankyou" and we walked on. A short but nice encounter. Unusually, she too was wearing a skirt!
Charlie
Good going!
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Charlie wrote "she too was wearing a skirt"

Except for a business situation women don't wear skirts that much. In most of my trips out wearing a skirt the women had pants or shorts on There are quite a few times when I was in the company of 3 or more women and I was the only one in a skirt. I would say there is less than a dozen times that I had direct contact with a women where we were both wearing skirts
JeffB1959
Member Extraordinaire

Post by JeffB1959 »

Wore this outfit yesterday to the King of Prussia Mall, perhaps the largest mall on the east coast and was packed solid on a Saturday. in over three hours spent there, no one gave me so much as the time of day. Needless to say, I had a good time there.
I don't want to LOOK like a woman, I just want to DRESS like a woman.
Eborian
Distinguished Member

Post by Eborian »

Like Charlie I have had similar experiences in Wells , Glastonbury And Street.
pelmut
Member Extraordinaire

Post by pelmut »

Yesterday I went to a coffee morning at an august institution frequented by eminent retired artists scientists and others who might be expected to frown on a man wearing a skirt. There was no comment at all except for one elderly lady who mouthed "I like your skirt" across the room to me.
There is no such thing as a normal person, only someone you don't know very well yet.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

pelmut wrote:Yesterday I went to a coffee morning at an august institution frequented by eminent retired artists scientists and others who might be expected to frown on a man wearing a skirt. There was no comment at all except for one elderly lady who mouthed "I like your skirt" across the room to me.
Actually, I'd expect artists and scientists to be a good bit more accepting of eccentricity than most.

But even so, this seems like a victory! Good going!

caultron
Tackleberry
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Tackleberry »

As I didn't sleep at well last night (the last month of lates/nights and going onto earlies does that) I thought to save a bit of time later I'd go and put a bit of petrol in the car so threw a pair of leggings and a denim mini on...