Out and About -- In the World at Large

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Big and Bashful
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Out and About -- In the World at Large

Post by Big and Bashful »

Caught!
Tonight I went for a skirted stroll, after a warning about high blood pressure I decided I better start getting my legs used to some exercise, so have been taking the odd skirted late night stroll. Tonight I was spotted by a concerned friend who I hadn't seen for ages. They asked if I was alright, and why I was walking around late at night, in the rain, and in a skirt. Said the skirt was for comfort, the late night wlking was because I preferred quiet roads for when I am dressed like this. I had the distinct feeling that they thought I was having a bit of a breakdown! they seemed rather concerned.
I do like this skirt though, dark blue with a nice gold pattern around the hem, don't think I have posted a piccy of it, might do one at the weekend if I can find a suitable camera.
I am the God of Hellfire! and I bring you truffles!
SkirtsDad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtsDad »

Big and Bashful wrote:Caught!
Tonight I went for a skirted stroll, after a warning about high blood pressure I decided I better start getting my legs used to some exercise, so have been taking the odd skirted late night stroll. Tonight I was spotted by a concerned friend who I hadn't seen for ages. They asked if I was alright, and why I was walking around late at night, in the rain, and in a skirt. Said the skirt was for comfort, the late night wlking was because I preferred quiet roads for when I am dressed like this. I had the distinct feeling that they thought I was having a bit of a breakdown! they seemed rather concerned.
I do like this skirt though, dark blue with a nice gold pattern around the hem, don't think I have posted a piccy of it, might do one at the weekend if I can find a suitable camera.
Sounds like all the more reason to wear it in the day then, lol.
Uncle Al

Post by Uncle Al »

pelmut wrote:I went to buy some bags of sand at a local builders' yard today; the place was jam-packed with burly builders loading their vans and lorries. One of them said loudly in front of the others, "You're wearing a skirt? !!!". I replied, "I'd look a lot worse without it". Several of them laughed and then he said "Bloody hell, it takes balls to wear a skirt in a builders' yard" ...and they all smiled and went about their business.
:rofl: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Uncle Al
:mrgreen: :ugeek: :mrgreen:
Kilted Organist/Musician
Grand Musician of the Grand Lodge, I.O.O.F. of Texas 2008-2009, 2015-2016,
2018-202 ? (and the beat goes on ;) )
When asked 'Why the Kilt?'
I respond-The why is F.T.H.O.I. (For The H--- Of It)
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

pelmut wrote:I went to buy some bags of sand at a local builders' yard today; the place was jam-packed with burly builders loading their vans and lorries. One of them said loudly in front of the others, "You're wearing a skirt? !!!". I replied, "I'd look a lot worse without it". Several of them laughed and then he said "Bloody hell, it takes balls to wear a skirt in a builders' yard" ...and they all smiled and went about their business.
Good for you!

Confidence is truly key.
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

For the last several months, I'm starting to notice an uptick in very friendly people when I'm out skirted. Sure I still get the occasional snarl, but it seemed like when I first started it was about 90% no reaction, 10% bad reaction. Now it's more like 20% good reaction (smiles, head nodding, chit chat, etc) 75% no reaction, 5% bad reaction.

I don't know if it's the world's changing, or I'm changing.... maybe it's a little bit of both.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
skirtingtoday
Member Extraordinaire

Post by skirtingtoday »

I also seem to get good reactions from shopping. A few days ago I was in B&Q (a DIY shop in Britain) and was about to go to the self-serve counter when a girl called me over to her till.

I don't think it was the khaki cargo skirt but perhaps is was as she gave me a wide beaming smile after I paid. 8)
"A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on" - Winston Churchill.
"If you tell a lie big enough and keep repeating it, people will eventually come to believe it" - Joseph Goebbels
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

Today was my day to run errands. I had about 6 places to stop I put on a mini skirt and went out . My final stop was a Home Depot which is a building material supply store. When I got to the register there was a problem with the price. The cashier had to go back to the display to check the price. Home depot is a huge store and it was a lengthy walk. During the walk the sales lady and I had a very pleasant conversation. The fact that I was wearing a mini skirt didn't' seem to have any effect on the conversation. and I felt extremely comfortable the entire time.
Caultron
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Caultron »

oldsalt1 wrote:Today was my day to run errands. I had about 6 places to stop I put on a mini skirt and went out . My final stop was a Home Depot which is a building material supply store. When I got to the register there was a problem with the price. The cashier had to go back to the display to check the price. Home depot is a huge store and it was a lengthy walk. During the walk the sales lady and I had a very pleasant conversation. The fact that I was wearing a mini skirt didn't' seem to have any effect on the conversation. and I felt extremely comfortable the entire time.
In such situations you do have the advantage, by being the customer, of always being right. But I too often get the impression that sales people are a little friendlier with me than usual. Perhaps it's the break from a boring job, or the prospect of telling a, "You'll never guess..." story when they get home. But why over-analyze it? Just enjoy!
Courage, conviction, nerve, verve, dash, panache, guts, nuts, balls, gall, élan, stones, whatever. Get some and get skirted.

caultron
oldsalt1
Member Extraordinaire

Post by oldsalt1 »

You know you may be right. She was very willing to shut her register and take the walk with me. Was she just being nice or was just looking for fodder for her evening conversation. But you know I don't care. I enjoyed being able to walk and talk to a women while I was wearing a skirt and she was wearing pants
john62
Member Extraordinaire

Post by john62 »

This outfit was worn shopping and at the bank this week
Blue skirt.jpg
. This wearing a sweater which I do not think works that well.
Blue skirt.jpg
Any comment?

John
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
john62
Member Extraordinaire

Post by john62 »

Sorry for putting two pictures of the same. :oops:

John
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

Hi John,

The first picture (2 pictures) Look great! An excellent skirted look for a man in my opinion.

The one of the sweater I'm not feeling. The turtle neck is just too much, and just seems to make you looks as though you're about to be swallowed up by it.

But again, first shot nailed it!
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
Taj
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Taj »

Being from a place that gets real winters I love the big snuggly turtleneck. That length skirt would turn an icy blast from Mother Nature.
You don't get to judge me by your standards. I have to judge me by mine.
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

I am not big on overly thick sweaters with huge turtle necks, :) so the jacket out fit is the one I would wear it looks great. :D The skirt length is great for those cold windy days and the shirt and jacket go with it.

Fred :kiltdance:
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
hoborob
Member Extraordinaire

Post by hoborob »

I agree with Fred and Moon. The overstuffed Turtle neck is a bit much and overwhelms the looks. A sweater might be a good item with the skirt but it should be less thick than the one pictured I think, the color isn't bad it's just oversized in my opinion.