High-waisted skirts

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
mountain-mug

High-waisted skirts

Post by mountain-mug »

While strolling through one of our department stores (Herberger's), I spotted a Piama high-waisted skirt. It was black, soft denim, with front and back pockets. The waist was considerably higher than typical, perhaps 6 inches higher than the below navel I usually wear. When I tried it on, the high slim waist, coupled with the stretch fabric, gave a tremendous amount of support to the lower back. Quite comfortable, actually! I immediately thought of Skip (if I'm remembering correctly) talking about skirts and sarongs being supportive. Has anyone tried one of these styles, and if so, what else did you wear with it? The slim and snug waist bank produced a very "blouse-ey" effect where my shirt poofed out above the waist. That didn't look good in the mirror. A slimmer shirt (is there such a thing as tapered shirts anymore?) might look better, but I'm still not sure even that would allow a male to pull off this look. Any thoughts would be appreciated!