shaving

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
stephanie53

shaving

Post by stephanie53 »

This may be a not starter or already answered, but I'm curious. I'm someone that doesn't go out alot in a skirt, though I do enjoy the freedom it affords.
My question for everyone is, when you wear your skirts/dresses, do you shave your leg's/arms/face? I feel awkward if I don't, like I'm not setting a good example. Is it just me? Should I just jump into my shirt and top ang go? Your thoughts
rode_kater
Member Extraordinaire

Re: shaving

Post by rode_kater »

Nope. I don't shave when wearing shorts, so why would skirts/dresses be any different?
Jim
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Jim »

I don't wear a skirt to look feminine, so I don't shave anything. I haven't used a razor or shaver for decades.
moonshadow
Member Extraordinaire

Post by moonshadow »

stephanie53 wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:20 pm Should I just jump into my shirt and top ang go?
You should just do what you want. If you want to shave, shave, if you don't, don't. It's your body.

Trust me, in the grand scheme of things, a guy in a skirt is going to turn the same number of heads either way.
-Andrea
The old hillbilly from the coal fields of the Appalachian mountains currently living like there's no tomorrow on the west coast.
phathack
Member Extraordinaire

Post by phathack »

It's all a matter of personal opinion.
I've been wearing a Beard for a couple of years now and I wear a skirt or dress most days.
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

stephanie53 wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:20 pm[... W]hen you wear your skirts/dresses, do you shave your leg's/arms/face?
Legs, yes, but I'd been doing that before I started wearing skirts because bluntly I can't grow a good pelt there and they looked like the moths had been at me. Arms and face absolutely not. Those are part of me and look just fine.

FWIW, I have a full white beard/moustache and a thinning dark waist-length ponytail.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
SkirtsDad
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtsDad »

stephanie53 wrote: Sat Oct 01, 2022 8:20 pm when you wear your skirts/dresses, do you shave your leg's/arms/face?
If I shave or not, it's not generally down to what I am wearing. I find shaving my face can get painful if I shave too often, so some sort of beard, usually a goaty, comes and goes. In fact, sometimes it's nice to have a beard and a skirt as it sometimes confuses some people :-)
I have never shaved my arms, but my legs are always clean shaven. I started shaving my legs a long time ago, I don't recall exactly when, but certainly before wearing skirts publicly. I never really liked hair on my legs.

Fashion wise then flattened leg hairs showing through thin opaque tights is probably not that appealing to many. I could be wrong. However, when wearing thick tights this should not be an issue.
phathack
Member Extraordinaire

Post by phathack »

A couple of years ago I bought one of the laser epilators.
So at this point, I'm basically hairless from the neck down.
Removing body hair in some places seemed to almost eliminate sweaty body order so that's a plus. :)
Midas
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Midas »

Stubbly chin, hairy chest and smooth legs. I use an IPL and also an epilator from time to time but only on my legs.
rivegauche
Member Extraordinaire

Post by rivegauche »

I shave my legs then use a Lumea, then an epilator. I like having smooth, hairless legs. I find this more visually pleasing when going bare-legged in a skirt and I think dark hair looks horrible when seen through sheer tights. As I also cross-dress fully in public occasionally hair free legs is a requirement, really. I also shave my armpits again for aesthetic reasons but it cuts down on the body odour too. My back and chest are almost hair-free, which is a bit surprising as my leg hair was very thick and dark. I do not shave my hands or my arms because I will not compromise my normal masculine appearance - the skirt wearing and cross dressing are below the radar.
Myopic Bookworm
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Myopic Bookworm »

I had a beard for nine years, but a friend of my fiancee dropped some hints so I took it off. I could never grow a visible moustache (too light, too thin), so I had what Douglas Adams called a scethrog. Now I shave my face a couple of times a week, my chest once in a while. I'm not sure whether my wife would like it if I shaved my legs, though I have done once or twice in the past; I only wear tights in an opaque weight, so it's not an issue. I've also tried shaving some other areas (!), but not planning to again: there are some places where stubble is really unwelcome!
Fred in Skirts
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Fred in Skirts »

I used to shave my legs but as I grew older the hair got thinner and lighter so I no longer have to shave them. I did this even before I started to wear skirts. I liked the feel of smooth legs.
"It is better to be hated for what you are than be loved for what you are not" Andre Gide: 1869 - 1951
Always be yourself because the people that matter don’t mind and the ones that mind don’t matter.
Faldaguy
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Faldaguy »

Moon called it, do as you please. I've been too lazy to shave and not bothered since I left a stuffy British company in my mid-20's -- I trim the beard when it is really looking shaggy, but the only thing that is different is if I've a skirt or pants on--the later so rare I can count the times on one hand in the last five years. I'm just a dude in a skirt, no mistaking that; and though people have commented on the skirt choices, never a word about my hair (when I still had any) except my mother!
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

I shave my face.

I also shave my legs. My hair cover is sparse and shaved legs look and feel better. I also wear sheer tights so that’s another reason to keep the legs trimmed.
e2k2houck

Post by e2k2houck »

I have been shaving my legs since 1988. I am a completive cyclist. I've been wearing skirts for only about 2 years, wish I would have started years ago. But having cleanly shaven legs feels great when wearing skirts.