Skorts

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Re: Skorts

Post by r.m.anderson »

Lacking pockets and since you are wearing a belt - solution a sporran of sorts hanging off the belt.
Need more space room have one off each hip - never did like the harvey wall banger front load
nor the fanny belt bag off the rear bum.
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Tazzmac

Post by Tazzmac »

I don't like much skorts at all... They generally for me would be a claytons skirt/kilt..(Claytons is a non alcohol drink that just looks like an alcoholic one). For me it'd be the whole hog or not at all.. Can speak from experience too . Just after Christmas I spotted these amazing looking Dangerfield tartan skorts that looked alright online . What the heck I thought. RRP was $78 but sale price $39.95 . I bought one . They are just tartan shorts with a split shroud around them.. Horrible .. Almost bought two pair but only good thing is I didn't and waste another $40 .. Just me but I'm glad if other forum members like them .. Cheers
Sinned
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sinned »

I only have one red one and I love it. So easy to wear and so comfortable. It was bought accidentally from a charity shop but I've never seen another one since. I must seek out some more.
I believe in offering every assistance short of actual help but then mainly just want to be left to be myself in all my difference and uniqueness.
Offkilter69
Distinguished Member

Post by Offkilter69 »

I own five Tangerine skorts that have four front deep hip pockets (two are zippered) and a drawstring elastic waist. They are great! I wear them for working out. Unfortunately, the styling changed and the variety that I have are no longer made. But, eBay is always there- that’s where I purchased mine. I wouldn’t buy a skort without practical pockets, though.
Hope
Distinguished Member

Post by Hope »

I only own one skort, and I like like the length. I won't be able to wear such a short skirt.

Hendy

Post by Hendy »

Bertino56 wrote:
> I know the skort has an unsavory reputation among us true skirt wearers.
> One of my recent el-cheapo Costco purchases was a S.C. & Co. skort.
> I figured what the hey, I can just rip out the built-in panties and wear
> it as a skirt. I haven't done that yet.
> This is really a well-made little garment. I find it comfortable as-is.
> Somewhere between above-the-knee and mini length. Five pockets.
> Broad elastic waist band, no belt loops, just pull it on. I got the first
> one in black (extra-large) then went back for one more in blue light-wash
> denim (large). They have several other colors and patterns. I paid $15.99
> each.
> I wear it for normal shopping and business, walking the dog, garden work,
> etc.
> It would be perfect for golf.

I've just bought two XL versions and I agree they extermly good value for money. Probably should have bought L as they are a little bit big.