I got surprised

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Peter v
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Peter v »

Some of us are trying our hardest with challenging outfits, I for one am doing that. But retaining my own manly face, hair and no artificial boobs.
But I do wear pumps and attractive panty hose. But we may then be easily put into the "travestite" box by onlookers.

I think that "manly" is not a suitable term all the time, but "personly" may be better, as it describes the look of the person, male or female, or a mix of both..... :? , but it suggests the look of the person before you, not stating a predestined male or female look.
We often look as ourselves, meaning precicely that, or better still, what is Manly and what is femminine? Dump those, and look at the person, if he / she looks "good" and is happy then it is a "good look". And that is it.

I would state that manly is more of a state of how you act and are, rather than how you are dressed. Yet it is often used to describe the clothing worn. Women wearing men's type clothing, ie pants can still be very femminine. Men wearing skirts, and more clothing often worn by women, can still be very manly, although being dressed more "frestyle".

Peter v.
A man is the same man in a pair of pants or a skirt. It is only the way people look at him that makes the difference.