What did *you* wear "out and about" today? part2

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Re: What did *you* wear "out and about" today? part2

Post by Since1982 »

Does "out" but not "about" count? I went to the mailbox and back in my red sleeveless "muscle" shirt, white scrubs skirt, black tights, brown loafers. 8)
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Mipi
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Mipi »

Since1982 wrote:Does "out" but not "about" count? I went to the mailbox and back in my red sleeveless "muscle" shirt, white scrubs skirt, black tights, brown loafers. 8)

Same with me; my Stewart Black Tartan kilt and "Fruit of the Loom" T-shirt.
r.m.anderson
Member Extraordinaire

Post by r.m.anderson »

In honor of St. Patricks Day:

Irish National Tartan - kilt hose - INT flashes - black loafers - jacobite shirt and
topped with a green beret (non army issue).

Happy St. Pats day to all of you!

Anderson is not Irish but the maternal side (McCarthy-O'brien) most certainly is!

"KILT-ON"
rm
"YES SKIRTING MATTERS"!
"Kilt-On" -or- as the case may be "Skirt-On" !
WHY ?
Isn't wearing a kilt enough?
Well a skirt will do in a pinch!
Make mine short and don't you dare think of pinching there !
Pythos
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pythos »

Black full body catsuit, with Grey long sleeved cotton dress shirt over top. Motorcycle boots, black jacket.

Had my taxes done...I had to pay...no job...YAH!!
" Pre-conceptions are the biggest enemy of humans. they prevent us from moving forward. If you want to see "another reality" you must first throw out your pre-conceptions. Every thing starts from there." -Mana
Ray
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Ray »

Ripped jeans, burgundy hosiery below, grey/burgundy/white rugby shirt above. At least two girls loved the look, and found my hosiery alluring which was nice....

...but no comments on my lovely Gant top. Grrr!
Pythos
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Pythos »

Black leather mini, black dress shirt, silk. Nude almost bare hose, tall chunky combat boots. Over this I wore my trench coat. It has been a long while since I went out skirted on a bright shiny day. There was quite a bit of wind which caused the trench to billow back revealing my skirted self, which I made minimal effort to conceal. In this outfit I went to drop off my storage space check, then to the bank ATM to check my accounts, and after that put gas in my car. As I drove my legs were uncovered and basked in the sun which both looked and felt nice. I did notice at one red light that the No Nonsense Almost bare hose I was wearing have a very defined thread line ( I think that is what it is called), if someone were to take a close look they would be able to see that I was wearing hose. When walking to the bank I made no effort to keep the coat forward, and so proudly walked and was seen by some people who paid no mind. Except for one woman, and she had no grounds on the count she was dressed head to to like a man. (jeans, t shirt, flanel, boots). She didn't say anything, but did give a look. I had forgotten how nice it feels to wear a skirt, with the breeze working around and up your legs (shorts are kinda the same, but different), having nothing but a thin layer of material between you and the breeze. Very nice indeed, and somehow I will bet that even with the hose more healthy than jeans. Can't be sure though.
" Pre-conceptions are the biggest enemy of humans. they prevent us from moving forward. If you want to see "another reality" you must first throw out your pre-conceptions. Every thing starts from there." -Mana
TomH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by TomH »

Most days I wear one of my four denim skirts, at or slightly above my knees. My idea is to make it seem normal for a guy. But some days, I like to wear a camo skirt that I found in a thrift store. It's just so darn comfortable and I think looks great. The pockets are not the best, but I get along with them. The interesting thing is, I found another just the same, well not quite. This one is a skort. I bought it anyway and planned to cut the shorts out of it, but when I got home, discovered my original had been a skort and was already cut out...

As it happened, we were going to a party in a few days and I was thinking about wearing shorts because it was in a park and I might have trouble keeping respectable in my preferred skirts. So this skort was perfect. Just like my skirt while standing, but not shocking if otherwise. I drew some attention, all good as far as we could tell.

Around the motorhome in the evening, I visit the social hours of RVr's with a couple different knee length cotton skirts that are soft and feel good. One black, one brown, both pencil. Another that flairs a little, colored tan, sometimes. A couple afternoons when it was very warm lately, I wore a knee length sarong that was real light weight. Comfortable and nicely cool with a tank top.

Tom
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

Well, I'm not "out and about" yet (obviously, I'm composing this), but I've got on my black tiered skirt, a red waistcoat, deep purple dress shirt, sheer tights, and my black dress loafers. And a pocket-watch for "sparkle".

I'm meeting up with an old friend and fellow computer-historian early this afternoon for lunch before he flies home. He doesn't know about the skirts. I wonder what his (and his girlfriend's) take will be on it.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Post by Since1982 »

Poiple T-shirt, old gray raggy cut off shorts, legs from old raggy tights, brown leather loafers.. for a change I felt like wearing Tr**s*rs. My only pair. If I never wear them, they'll get old and stiff. Sort of like me. Old and stiff...lol 8)
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
miniskirt07

Post by miniskirt07 »

Just now Im wearing white t-shirt, 60 deiner opaque tights, black/grey denim mini skirt and black flat pump shoes --- look nicely.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Last night, when I went to the video store with my wife, I was wearing my just above the knee safari skirt with a black polo shirt and leather toe strap sandals.

That may not sound terribly interesting but it is the first time that I have been able to go out skirted (as opposed to kilted) local to home with my wife but without getting any quizzical looks first. Mrs M worries about what others will think so tends to prefer me to be more conservative where we might meet people we know. Sometimes I change into a kilt or trousers and sometimes I'd rather not; she has always acquiesced if I decide to go out skirted, but this time there was no comment, no sidelong glance, nothing. I suspect she just did not notice. Perfect!

Incidentally, no one in the video library appeared to notice either, which can only help to overcome her suspicion that she will be seen as the woman with a weird husband!

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
TomH
Member Extraordinaire

Post by TomH »

I made a remark awhile back about going to the VA doctor appointment in a denim skirt last fall. Well, I've done two out of the four visits here this spring in skirts and plan to do the others as well. I like knee length or less, but wore one that almost covers the knee because you're exposed in the open room and turned directly to the doctor while sitting down, so didn't want any chance of showing more than my knees and lower leg.

The second visit yesterday was in a different scope where I had more control, so decided to wear a 'faded glory' light weight skirt from Walmart. The tech lady that helped me took a glance as I walked up and that was it. No one seemed to notice and she acted normal. It was a drab green though. I think bringing 'them' (people), up to speed slowly will get more gain in the long run, so haven't done bright colors away from home, yet.

As a side note, most everything I'm wearing "out and about" has pockets. Two front and two rear like my shorts always had. It's where I keep my 'stuff'.

TomH
Sarongman
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Sarongman »

Last night we went to church and then out to a fish restaurant for tea. We both wore ankle length skirts! I wore a Gap cargo in khaki with a light cotton, white "ghillie" shirt tucked in to it. I got my first question as I got the pew sheet from the greeters. Their 4 year old daughter asked ' why are you wearing a dress like a mummy?' My answer was "Because I like to'. I was stumped for an answer to a small child, had it been an adult I might have given a more detailed answer :roll:
Oh yes, and like TomH, I had both side pockets loaded with wallet, purse and hanky. Can't do without pockets in a skirt. If a sarong or wrap pants, I'll use a shoulder bag.
It will not always be summer: build barns---Hesiod
crfriend
Master Barista

Post by crfriend »

[... W]hy are you wearing a dress like a mummy?' My answer was "Because I like to'.
That's an eminently acceptable answer. Why should it not be so? Well done.
I had both side pockets loaded with wallet, purse and hanky. Can't do without pockets in a skirt. If a sarong or wrap pants, I'll use a shoulder bag.
That works, although the extra baggage may detract from the overall line of the garment. I suspect that for most skirts the shoulder bag might be best, but to each his own.

Well done on all counts!!

The above said, what did I wear "out and about" today? I wore a black calf-length skirt, my blue waistcoat, and a white dress shirt. It was completely usual in all regards, and just as unremarkable -- as it should be.
Retrocomputing -- It's not just a job, it's an adventure!
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Since1982 »

Out to the mailbox and down the street to see if they were having Bingo today or not. It was not :( Wearing calf length straight black twill skirt, aquamarine T-shirt, black tights cut off at knee length, brown loafers. Funny I'd be reporting a straight black mid calf skirt right after Carl did..."stuff happens" heh. I bet his isn't twill. :alien: :hide: :alien: