Writing SkirtCafe vers. of "Can this marriage be saved&

General discussion of skirt and kilt-based fashion for men, and stuff that goes with skirts and kilts.
AMM
Member Extraordinaire

Writing SkirtCafe vers. of "Can this marriage be saved&

Post by AMM »

I was taking my son to a doctor's appointment and reading one of those "Women's" magazines -- the kind with recipes and tidbits of advice on child- and husband-rearing plus a dose of glurge, and which seem to exist in a world that only slightly resembles the one I live in. As you can perhaps already tell, I find them a little wierd, but sometimes I'm curious to see what's in them.

Anyway, there's apparently a regular feature in at least one of them called "Can This Marriage Be Saved?" The one I glanced at seemed to be about a young couple where the husband's interest in sports was causing a crisis. I've run across these articles before, and they never seem to have a problem for which the solution didn't basically amount to "both sides need to grow up." (I wonder what they would have written if they'd taken my marriage a year or so before I filed. Probably too depressing to publish. :( )

But I got to thinking: what if they had an article in this series where the "problem" was "my husband wants to wear a skirt"? What do we think such a magazine would advise? And what would we advise?
Bob
Barista Emeritus

Post by Bob »

I read such an article in Ann Landers a long while back. Apparently it was a cross-dresser husband, and wife would come home to find him in full tilt, including heels, wig and makeup. But other than that, he was a perfect husband. Ann Lander's response was that she was lucky to have such a great guy.
Peter v
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Peter v »

Bob wrote:I read such an article in Ann Landers a long while back. Apparently it was a cross-dresser husband, and wife would come home to find him in full tilt, including heels, wig and makeup. But other than that, he was a perfect husband. Ann Lander's response was that she was lucky to have such a great guy.
Wow, that is one answer i didn't expect :shock:
But her answer is a very true one and the most practical.

Although i am an advocate of getting publicity in such well read magazines, it must be checked by skirt wearing men before publication, as they may put something stupid and damaging to our cause in it. On the other hand, with a remark like the one just read, we still have hope. Get some serius positive articles in them there magazines.

Peter v
A man is the same man in a pair of pants or a skirt. It is only the way people look at him that makes the difference.
SkirtedViking
Member Extraordinaire

Post by SkirtedViking »

I do not approve a man presenting himself as a woman, but my opinion is that we should forget the term crossdresser applied to men,because it is discriminating male part of the population. let's say that the husband tried to emulate a woman in terms of behaviour. Since women are not called crossdressers no matter what they put on (and yes they still put many things made for men) it is discrimination to call another group of people thus just because they are male.
There is nothing worse than double standard!