why are the so comphy

Non-fashion, non-skirt, non-gender discussions. If your post is related to fashion, skirts or gender, please choose one of the forums above for it.
Jerseyman

why are the so comphy

Post by Jerseyman »

My Fiance asked me why I found pantyhose so comphy.i don't know why I just do.she has no problem with me wearing them. but I just dont have an answer.Why do some of you wear hose?
The Satirist

Post by The Satirist »

To keep warm in the winter, or to give a skirted outfit a finished look would be two reasons that I wear them sometimes. They also help keep my legs from getting tired as easily due to the compression.
Freedom since July 3, 2004.

Genius can be recreated - Stupidity is irreplaceable. -The Satirist 2004-
talon2mech

Post by talon2mech »

I don't know how you can find hose tolerable. I am annoyed by the tight feeling against my skin. However, I do own thick hose that I wear in the winter to keep warm. I guess its a trade between comfort and warmth.
-Matt
Departed Member

Post by Departed Member »

I wouldn't recommend anyone (male or female) wear pantyhose (I presume this is what Americans call tights?), except in extreme cold weather conditions - dreadfully unhealthy!

Judging from the contents of sales stands, more women (& probably men!) are switching to 'thigh-highs', or whatever you call 'em. I use the lycra ones for cycling as the compression factor is helpful to thigh & calf muscles.

I've been recommended tights for easing muscle-stains/pulls in the past, but now there's a viable alternative that doesn't require suspenders.......!
Jerseyman

Post by Jerseyman »

how are they unhealthy? I like the feeling against my skin and I like the support. I used to wear thighhighs but I did not like wearing them. they kept falling down.
Gregg1100
Member Extraordinaire

why are the so comphy

Post by Gregg1100 »

Hi All,
Jerseyman---thigh highs only stay up with no hair on legs.
Merlin--can't see why you think tights are unhealthy----best thing for a man since sliced bread.
Greg
Jerseyman

Post by Jerseyman »

I do shave my legs.I even got the roll on glue,garters,ect.I just find more support in the pantyhose.
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

US Marine Corps

Post by Since1982 »

The USMC seems to think tights healthy, they supply them for any soldier that wants them in Iraq/Mideast. Keeps out biting flies, sand, scorpions, other biting,crawling things that get in your pants while trying to sleep in a bag or a tent. Comfilon supplies them for the United States Military services ever since the 1st Gulf war in 1991. :clap: By the way, that idea was given to The First Bush/America by the S.A.S. :) and by the way, this is not the same thing as "sass" as in "sassing" your boss or being "sassy" to your girlfriend.
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
Bob
Barista Emeritus

Post by Bob »

what is SAS?
Stevie D
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Stevie D »

Bob wrote:what is SAS?
Bob, it's the Special Air Service, part of the British Army. See here:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Special_Air_Service
Stevie D
(Sheffield, South Yorkshire)
Bravehearts.us
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Bravehearts.us »

Bob wrote:what is SAS?
Bob,
It’s what you give someone back when they give you lip. LOL (Don't get SASSY with me)
Lar
Since1982
Member Extraordinaire
Location: My BUTT is Living in the USA, and sitting on the tip of the Sky Needle, Ow Ow Ow!!. Get the POINT?

Cornfoozing

Post by Since1982 »

S.A.S. or the British Special Air Services, should not be confused with Sass, Sassy, Sauce, Sazz, Souse, South, or Dr. Seuss. We got that completely cleared up now, I hope? hehehehee:clap: :clap:
I had to remove this signature as it was being used on Twitter. This is my OPINION, you NEEDN'T AGREE.

Story of Life, Perspire, Expire, Funeral Pyre!
I've been skirted part time since 1972 and full time since 2005. http://skirts4men.myfreeforum.org/
earth_man

Post by earth_man »

I wear them (PH) because I feel like it. No socks for me either. My G/G doesn't mind and accepts me in them. Next, I'll have to spring a kilt on her.
Regards

Warren 2, aka Earth Man, near Manassas Va.

If women are from Venus and men are from Mars, I'm from the Earth.
Milfmog

Post by Milfmog »

Jerseyman wrote:My Fiance asked me why I found pantyhose so comphy.i don't know why I just do.she has no problem with me wearing them. but I just dont have an answer.Why do some of you wear hose?
The honest answer is that I don't find them comfortable at all! :mad:

I generally prefer not to wear tight clothing, especially around the groin. In my experience, tights / pantyhose are too restrictive and encourage "Betty Swallocks" to visit (if that needs translation, try checking out "Spoonerisms" in Wikipedia or through Google).

If I'm too cold for a short or knee length skirt, I'll wear a long one. If it's too cold for that I stay indoors :)

Have fun,

Ian.
Do not argue with idiots; they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
Cogito ergo sum - Descartes
Cogito cogito ergo cogito sum - Ambrose Bierce
Kilted_John
Member Extraordinaire

Post by Kilted_John »

I don't either. I also find that my thighs are a bit too wide for any thigh-highs to work, so it's kneesocks for me. Either sheer or opague, depending on the weather. I don't like ankle socks, unless I'm doing shorts or pants. And I prefer to have some kinda sock on when I'm wearing any shoes. So, when I'm skirted, it's kneesocks all the way.

-J
Skirted since 2/2002, kilted 8/2002-8/2011, and dressed since 9/2013...
flickr: http://www.flickr.com/photos/245gt-turbo